Bearden v Farragut State Finals

defaultuser

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Seldon @ May 25 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826466948[/snapback]Then you'd be quessing wrong, uniden. I've been watching Bearden and Farragut (never played for either) since the mid 90s and I believe it is safe to say that, between the two teams, the period between 2001-2004 was and is unparalleled in the total accumulation of talent. Ask either coach and they will tell you the same. It was an abberition and will quite possibly never be seen again. In 2003 alone, there were 10 All Staters between the two.

In addition, look at the interest the games drew back then as compared to the last couple of years. There was TV coverage at every game, headlines in the paper, and probably 50% larger crowds. Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of talent out there and some darned good soccer, but that 3-4 year period was exceptional.

im going to have to back seldon...i think they used to be better

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 29 2007 - 12:09 AM) 826468626[/snapback]goh ihavenofriends....you post ALL the time. and yes...please put that video on youtube

Yeah I do. I will stop eventually. It just always seems that I am on right when someone posts. I am not all ALL day, just most of the day. Plus I check back regularly to see if there is anything I can comment on. I guess my name could have been ihavenofriendzzorlife. AHAHA.

edit: Plus I am one of the few Farragut fans on here. So I feel I need to post to keep the Farragut boards busy so they don't die out. Why do you think I didn't start a district 4-AAA thread for soccer. No one would have posted but me. I might as well have named the thread ihavenofriendzz/Farragut's thread or something. btw. I counted that I posted 16 times on this thread. 16 out of 95(16.8%). That isn't too much is it?

QUOTE(atdenton @ May 29 2007 - 12:26 AM) 826468630[/snapback]to clarify the yellow/red card for you ben. the referee called the foul on you. foul or not he did. then you used lang. plus the gesture. that referee told you to be quiet 2 times then the gesture and lang. was used a third. argue that all you want. but he gave you two yellows in one play- one for lang. and the second for the gesture. just to clarify. neither were for taunting. both teams did a great job and was probably the best high school soccer game i have ever seen. good job guys.

actually what i heard from a farragut player was that when the referee talked to the coach he said the "soft red"(a high school concept) was for taunting and that taunting is a double yellow aka soft red

QUOTE(ktownman @ May 29 2007 - 12:42 AM) 826468640[/snapback]actually what i heard from a farragut player was that when the referee talked to the coach he said the "soft red"(a high school concept) was for taunting and that taunting is a double yellow aka soft red

He would have been right three seasons ago. This rule was changed two seasons ago, but I guess he was confused or forgot. Again, how disappointing in a State Final.

I'm sure he didn't write it up as taunting since that would have confirmed his error to the state so he had to write the report differently to justify it. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(MD4Sports @ May 29 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826468683[/snapback]He would have been right three seasons ago. This rule was changed two seasons ago, but I guess he was confused or forgot. Again, how disappointing in a State Final.

I'm sure he didn't write it up as taunting since that would have confirmed his error to the state so he had to write the report differently to justify it. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Have you seen what happened? It wasn't like he ran to the Bearden kid while he was on the ground and did the gesture. Ben did as he was walking to his position for the free kick, then the ref saw it and asked him to come here and Ben did it again. No matter what you want to say he did, he got a 2 yellows and not a straight red. end of story. lets not get this thread closed.