Bearden v Farragut State Finals

defaultuser

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Jun 4 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826471332[/snapback]The Tron Special, I appreciate the explanation! I can understand the part about caught in the moment- it happened to me as I replied. I will say that I am in no way "a hater". I have had the pleasure of watching 100's of high school games- and will continue long after my children are through playing. Just so you know, I am Trevor Cook's father- the starting center defender for Bearden. I have heard him talk about you and he always had great things to say, he always said you were the scariest person to try and stop. He rarely say's that about others, so I imagine that is a compliment! Since he is going to play for The University of the Cumberlands, you might get to play against him again as they are trying to get a game with Western Kentucky ( according to the head coach at UC Paulo Neto). He will be joining his brother Craig, who is Tinman on this site. Craig rarely makes predictions, but he believes they will win a National Championship within 2 years. I have been to many college games in the last 2 years, I can tell you the play gets much more intense. In one game I saw 3 season ending injuries. 2 on 1 team and 1 for the other- this was caused by one person making a "gesture" to the other. Just something to keep in mind as you move on!!

I know that was an awesome game with a lot of energy- your team did deserve the win. As my son said when he got home late that night, he walked in, sat down and said " you know what.....it wasn't meant for us to win that game...when have you ever seen 2 of the most perfect goals from the same team?". He was talking about the header from Fisher and the final goal. Those were amazing!! I will also say that I had the pleasure of coaching some of those kids when they were younger- Robert Fisher, Brandon Wyrick and Trevor Cook were all on the same team for a few years. Then others graduated last year from various schools. It was great to see them have such great high-school years!! Good luck in the future!! I hope to see you play in a College game.

As for the other stuff that goes on in the stands- that's why I stay away from people. They don't like my comments and I don't like their's. I do however like reading the posts..it adds some things that you can't get any where else.

Very well said. I appreciate the compliments and i hope the best for both your sons in college. Thanks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic