Bearden v Farragut State Finals

defaultuser

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 26 2007 - 01:24 AM) 826467376[/snapback]Any more predictions?

Is this game being televised?

As far as I know, no it is not on tv anywhere. WMAK might show it, but I doubt it. They are supposed to show a state tourney game today at 9pm eastern, but I really doubt it will be this one. You would think that the Spring Fling would get the championship games on tv like football and basketball, but I guess there are too many going on at once and no station wants to tape them and show them on delay. I think that is sad. If you are going to show football and basketball, that's right CW I'm talking about you, then you should have to show the other sports. It just isn't fair for the spring sports kids.

edt: You would also think that a knoxville place would show it. I mean it does consist of 2 knoxville rivals who are good on a regular basis. I gues this will be one that you have to go to, or maybe catch a highlight or two on the news.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ May 26 2007 - 06:00 PM) 826467720[/snapback]I heard 6 goals in the last 15 minutes and 3 goals in the last 6 minutes. The game was tied at 4-4 with a 1:30 left and Farragut hit a shot in the upper 90. Probably the best game of the year as it should be.

Bearden Soccer Alumni here, just got a call from current Farragut student in Colorado just to give me the score!!!!..............let the bragging begin.

This game should have been played in West Knoxville.

Congrats to both teams.

QUOTE(NedNatterjack @ May 26 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826467720[/snapback]I heard 6 goals in the last 15 minutes and 3 goals in the last 6 minutes. The game was tied at 4-4 with a 1:30 left and Farragut hit a shot in the upper 90. Probably the best game of the year as it should be.

Close it was six goals in the final 24 minutes. The last goal by #5 from Farragut was a free kick with the outside of his foot into the top corner, has to be the goal of the year. Backstrom got a red card (2nd yellow) for an obscene gesture with 15 minutes left. Bearden tied it up with a backheel goal from #23.... What a game, congrats to both teams it was really fun to watch.

This was one of the best high school soccer games I have seen in a long while. As a resident of Murfreesboro I had no dog in this hunt. First, congrats to Farragut for winning. Congrats to Beardan also. You hate to see one team lose after a hard fought game. I understand why these teams are such fierce rivals having never seen them play before. This is the type of game you hope the state finals come to. I am going to go ahead and address an issue before upset bearden fans get on here. I was sitting on the bearden side when the final goal was scored. Many of them felt the game was handed to farragut because of the foul called. Which then led to the winning goal which was a fantastic ball that was hit with the outside of his foot that bent around the wall into the top 90. That is not the case at all. It was an obvious foul that the ref got right. However I do not think it was warranted a yellow. I believe he did that to try to keep the game undercontrol. (by the way, this was one of the better refs of high school soccer that I have seen. Most refs around here are pretty bad. This guy did a great job). Anyways, like I said it was a foul and I hope that people don't get on here and try to take away the great play of farragut by saying the game got handed to them. Not to say that Bearden did not have great play also. There defense stepped up at many crucial points in the game. Once again, congrats to both teams for making it this far and congrats to Farragut. I'm glad I was able to catch this great exhibition of soccer. Goodluck in future endeavors.

Amazing Game!!!!

I was at the game. I would have never believed 9 goals against the two best keepers in the state. Both keepers played extremely well - robbing the other side of probably 3 goals each. But the goals that were made were practically unstoppable - for a variety of reasons. Farragut goals by Russell, Backstrom, Fisher, Cook, and Moser (the last one). Congratulations to both teams for a fantastic "All Knoxville Final".

QUOTE(live2succeed @ May 26 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826467738[/snapback]This was one of the best high school soccer games I have seen in a long while. As a resident of Murfreesboro I had no dog in this hunt. First, congrats to Farragut for winning. Congrats to Beardan also. You hate to see one team lose after a hard fought game. I understand why these teams are such fierce rivals having never seen them play before. This is the type of game you hope the state finals come to. I am going to go ahead and address an issue before upset bearden fans get on here. I was sitting on the bearden side when the final goal was scored. Many of them felt the game was handed to farragut because of the foul called. Which then led to the winning goal which was a fantastic ball that was hit with the outside of his foot that bent around the wall into the top 90. That is not the case at all. It was an obvious foul that the ref got right. However I do not think it was warranted a yellow. I believe he did that to try to keep the game undercontrol. (by the way, this was one of the better refs of high school soccer that I have seen. Most refs around here are pretty bad. This guy did a great job). Anyways, like I said it was a foul and I hope that people don't get on here and try to take away the great play of farragut by saying the game got handed to them. Not to say that Bearden did not have great play also. There defense stepped up at many crucial points in the game. Once again, congrats to both teams for making it this far and congrats to Farragut. I'm glad I was able to catch this great exhibition of soccer. Goodluck in future endeavors.

I was at the game and was right behind the fence where that foul happened. As a Bearden fan- let me be the first to say that I also do not believe that the foul warrented a card, however- it was clearly a foul from behind, giving them a direct from there was a correct call. It was an amazing shot! I also got the header that Robert Fisher scored with a great series of pictures- I will forward those to the Fisher family as soon as they are developed. That header is my new "goal of the year". I was glad for Robert and his family...they are great people. Farragut played a great game- so did Bearden. I might never see another championship game have 9 goals scored again. It was the best high school game I have ever had the pleasure to watch. The worst part of it was watching Backstrom and his "obscene gesture". I have never seen such a no-class act in front of that many people. It was pathetic and I am embarrassed for the whole Farragut team. They earned the win in that game, and their entire team didn't need that type of display!! I have lost any respect for that kid and with that attitude and lack of poise, I do not think he will ever make it at the College level.

A hugh congat's to the Farragut team...especially for getting through the injuries earlier in the season and putting it all together!! As for Bearden- they won 25 games and made it to a Championship for the second year in a row- last year they won it! That is quite an accomplishment!! They will return another great team that should be back at the State Championships again next year. Beardens JV was undefeated and return a lot of great players. They have the strongest Freshman class coming in that I have ever seen!! Their future looks the same as always- bright!! As for Farragut, they lost 10 seniors- a lot to replace. They will again simply reload!!