Hockey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Hockey teams in the State who are they? My opinion is Pope John Paul II HS ..

If they brought most of their guys from last year, they are certainly the team to beat. Ravenwood may be the best all-around team I've ever seen on the high school level though, which sorta suprised me because they lost alot of key guys last year.

If they brought most of their guys from last year, they are certainly the team to beat. Ravenwood may be the best all-around team I've ever seen on the high school level though, which sorta suprised me because they lost alot of key guys last year.

January 25th JPII and Ravenwood face off!! JPII is outscoring their opponents 69-10 this year!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ravenwood and JPII 1-1 tie...

Hey Knightime, you were close on the prediction.. Ravenwood and JPII tied 2-2 on Jan 25 which should give Ravenwood the regular season title. I thought Ravenwood looked the stronger team.. no losses so far in regular season, more depth and better D. Ravenwood's first line is tough. JPII has some great individual players that carry their team, the best one is the russian kid, too bad he doesn't pass! Check out the GNASH Hockey website.

Hey Knightime, you were close on the prediction.. Ravenwood and JPII tied 2-2 on Jan 25 which should give Ravenwood the regular season title. I thought Ravenwood looked the stronger team.. no losses so far in regular season, more depth and better D. Ravenwood's first line is tough. JPII has some great individual players that carry their team, the best one is the russian kid, too bad he doesn't pass! Check out the GNASH Hockey website.

Funny you say Ravenwood looked like a better team. I have heard the complete opposite! I heard JPII domintated this match!

Funny you say Ravenwood looked like a better team. I have heard the complete opposite! I heard JPII domintated this match!

I was there. It was actually pretty even. Ravenwood scored 1st on an amazing play where the JPII defensemen tried to breakout with a cross ice pass through his own slot, the Ravenwood kid knocked the puck down out of mid-air and fired a nasty shot on net, the goalie saved the shot, but was completely out of position for the rebound. JPII was playing catch-up the whole game, seemed like Ravenwood led most of the time, I felt JPII was lucky to tie, the Ravenwood goalie messed up, caught the puck in his glove and then dropped it in his crease and a little dude from JP knocked it in to tie the game. Ravenwood was not playing their normal offensive push game, they were obviously playing safe to preserve a win or a tie, either tie or win meant Ravenwood wins the regular season title and an automatic berth to state playoffs, they played neutral zone trap for almost the entire 3rd period. shots were almost even. JPII did dominate for the last 65 seconds, they pressed hard, freshman D from Ravenwood turned the puck over and gave the russian a breakaway with 26 seconds left in the game, goalie caught the shot in his glove. In any case, it sets up a nice rematch in the GNASH playoff tournament, they should meet in the semi-final on Feb 22, if JPII can get past MBA? I'm looking forward to seeing both teams play all out, winner take all game.

I was there. It was actually pretty even. Ravenwood scored 1st on an amazing play where the JPII defensemen tried to breakout with a cross ice pass through his own slot, the Ravenwood kid knocked the puck down out of mid-air and fired a nasty shot on net, the goalie saved the shot, but was completely out of position for the rebound. JPII was playing catch-up the whole game, seemed like Ravenwood led most of the time, I felt JPII was lucky to tie, the Ravenwood goalie messed up, caught the puck in his glove and then dropped it in his crease and a little dude from JP knocked it in to tie the game. Ravenwood was not playing their normal offensive push game, they were obviously playing safe to preserve a win or a tie, either tie or win meant Ravenwood wins the regular season title and an automatic berth to state playoffs, they played neutral zone trap for almost the entire 3rd period. shots were almost even. JPII did dominate for the last 65 seconds, they pressed hard, freshman D from Ravenwood turned the puck over and gave the russian a breakaway with 26 seconds left in the game, goalie caught the shot in his glove. In any case, it sets up a nice rematch in the GNASH playoff tournament, they should meet in the semi-final on Feb 22, if JPII can get past MBA? I'm looking forward to seeing both teams play all out, winner take all game.

Wouldn't JPII and Ravenwood meet in the finals since they are 1 and 2 seeds? I'm not sure I know how the brackets are set up. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JPII advances to the championship game with a 6-2 win over Ravenwood. Thoughts?