Who Is The Best Tennessee Team Ever?

UPSGregg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that really depends on your definition of "best".

Number of wins in a season?

Number of goals scored in a season?

Prolongued success?

Most dominating?

The greatest championship game winner?

You could say this year's Farragut team was the greatest team ever, the way they came back from a 2-1 deficit at halftime to win an explosive 5-4 match.

Then again, the whole "taunting" thing could taint that for you.

Or make it even more impressive, that they lost a great player and still won.

CAK could be in this discussion if you wanted to look at program prestige; 5 straight titles would certainly get a bid as the best team ever, since there are kids on that team that have been there all 4 years it would count as 1 team for them.

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 29 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826468907[/snapback]farragut aaron doyle's senior year...maybe '03?? when they won state 6-0.

In '03, Andrew's last year(Aaron's brother), Farragut beat Bearden in the ship 3-1 in ot. In '04,Aaron's last year, Farragut beat Oak Ridge 5-0. Also in '04 they won the spring national championship according to 1 poll.

QUOTE(Carolina_Bo4JC @ May 29 2007 - 06:26 PM) 826468846[/snapback]that really depends on your definition of "best".

Number of wins in a season?

Number of goals scored in a season?

Prolongued success?

Most dominating?

The greatest championship game winner?

I mean the best all around. I think Houston of 1999 and 2000 would beat anyone before or since then. In other words....if Hendersonville of 1998 was some how able to play Houston of 2000 I think they'd get beat at least 3-0. Kind of like those "Classic Teams" on video games where you can pair up the University of Nebraska from 1995 against Alabama of 1967. With that said.....My pick would have to be either Houston of 1999 or 2000 and I saw them both play. They just seemed to win with such ease and had much more skill than anyone else they played. Father Ryan in the mid 90s had some great teams but seemed to have a tradition of choking against Brentwood in the sectionals. Houston dominated the state from the start. The 1994 Houston team was probably the most underated team ever. They totally shooled Brentwood in the final that year. I don't think any of the Bearden or Farragut teams we've seen of late were as good as those Houston teams. I watched Bearden in 2002 and didn't think they deserved to be ranked #1 in the Nation. Maybe it's because the last Tennessee team I had seen ranked that high seemed so much better. That is just my opinion though.

You could say this year's Farragut team was the greatest team ever, the way they came back from a 2-1 deficit at halftime to win an explosive 5-4 match.

Then again, the whole "taunting" thing could taint that for you.

Or make it even more impressive, that they lost a great player and still won.

CAK could be in this discussion if you wanted to look at program prestige; 5 straight titles would certainly get a bid as the best team ever, since there are kids on that team that have been there all 4 years it would count as 1 team for them.

One could also make the arguement (I'm not but am using this for an example) that Bearden was the best team if you want to base it on come from behind wins. They came back from 2-0 on Clarksville High, who was a little underated, in 2002 and traded goals in the first OT before winning in the first few seconds of sudden death.