AAA 2007

mjuhb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't saying to play her. That's why I asked if you were talking about her because it's not such a good idea to throw a freshman into the fire. I strongly believe (or perhaps its hoping) that anna will be back for the season.

And I think we will play with the strongest team we can in the region. Thanks though. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

haha i'm sure sydney will step in and fill meredith's place nicely although i do know it will feel strange to not have meredith in there just because she has been there our whole career....we can all trust syd in goal 100% and i don't really think we could ask for anyone better to step in after meredith.

haha i'm sure sydney will step in and fill meredith's place nicely although i do know it will feel strange to not have meredith in there just because she has been there our whole career....we can all trust syd in goal 100% and i don't really think we could ask for anyone better to step in after meredith.

Very nicely put. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Does a players age factor and weigh more than the talent level she is currently playing with, for, against and HAS?

if we re speaking about a freshman....all i can say is your going to have to learn how high school ball plays out....although our team was forced to play with a bunch of sophomores and freshman my whole career and we were all put in the position to play alot and gain alot of experience as underclassmen that is very rare...there is not only the huge factor of age seeing as a freshman is quite a bit smaller and less experienced than the upperclassmen but the issue of team chemistry and leadership comes up especially with a keeper. i don't know who you were referring to or if you were referring to anyone but you might want to let your player whoever your speaking of prove herself at some kind of level with her team before you talk of her replacing a starter.

• 4 weeks later...

if we re speaking about a freshman....all i can say is your going to have to learn how high school ball plays out....although our team was forced to play with a bunch of sophomores and freshman my whole career and we were all put in the position to play alot and gain alot of experience as underclassmen that is very rare...there is not only the huge factor of age seeing as a freshman is quite a bit smaller and less experienced than the upperclassmen but the issue of team chemistry and leadership comes up especially with a keeper. i don't know who you were referring to or if you were referring to anyone but you might want to let your player whoever your speaking of prove herself at some kind of level with her team before you talk of her replacing a starter.

I agree. There are some freshmen who are coming in that are not necessarily big, or fast, but can play. Give them time to develop. They wont displace starters but they will get a look. Some have been seen when they were on club teams and were middle schoolers when they were at HS camps run by some of the coaches that post here. The coaches know who they are and wish they either played for them, or are at home in bed sick on the day their schools play These players will be at an advantage having played up a few years on their good club ball team (U16) with existing upper class members and they will be already playing at a higher physical level than say a person playing on an exclusive single aged (U14) club team. They will also have established themselves with a team chemistry. Lets not put any pressure on incoming freshmen agreed. Lets let them come in and if they happen to turn some heads then all the better. All I can say is keep an open mind, watch and don't be suprised if one of these new players on the field sneaks past good established players to snap the ball in goal with her head. Then you will believe.

We are moving to West Knoxvile area soon. We have 2 Freshman soccer players, yes they are twins. They now play on a reg 3 permier team, state 93 odp pool and are commited soccer players. Paraents are commited soccer junkies Dad certified coach and referee. Which high school has the best program and why Farragut, Bearden or Oak Ridge. need help soon house hunting this weekend

We are moving to West Knoxvile area soon. We have 2 Freshman soccer players, yes they are twins. They now play on a reg 3 permier team, state 93 odp pool and are commited soccer players. Paraents are commited soccer junkies Dad certified coach and referee. Which high school has the best program and why Farragut, Bearden or Oak Ridge. need help soon house hunting this weekend

All 3 schools have excellent academic reputations. Bearden soccer would seem to have a definite edge with coaching. Eric Turner seems to be able to get the most out of his teams. Bearden girls are defending state champions. All 3 schools have had their successes in recent years. To the best of my knowledge, Bearden is the only one with a girls state championship.

Bearden very deep in talent/state champs last yr, talent as good or better this yr. Playing time? Farragut beat Bearden 3 times during season/tournament, strong and accomplished program....careful on where you buy in West Knox because of new high school-Hardin Valley and zoning issues. Oak Ridge, good academics, seems to be ebbing a bit on the pitch. Also consider CAK, Catholic (both privates) and Maryville...all 3 good academically. CAK (last yr D2 state champ) and Catholic play in private school division so competition overall is not as stiff as schedules played by public schools. Maryville stuck in same district with Bearden and Farragut and not as deep in talent. Knoxville area is a strong soccer area so your girls will fit right in.

All three schools are very good schools academically. Oak Ridge has very high math and science programs. Listed as a top 100 school. Bearden and Farragut are strong as well. As far as population Oak Ridge has 1400, Bearden has 1911 and Farragut has 2373. While looking at schools be sure to undertand that there is a new high school opening up in West Knoxville in fall 2008. It will change the demographics of where folks will be going to schools rather drastically. I am not exactly sure how it will effect sports, but when kids are being shifted around the many high schools of West Knoxville I believe it will have some effect. Right now Bearden and Farragut are the strong teams after the new school opens the power may shift a bit. Oak Ridge is the only High School in that town so they are not effected, they also will have a brand new state of the art building at the end of 2008 or 2009. They under contruction right now. I do not envy your choice. I would suggest looking for the school and area that best suits your family and the soccer will follow. Best of luck.