A/AA Cross Country

Coniglio

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Jun 11 2007 - 06:16 PM) 826473956[/snapback]at schools like DL and FRA there will always be JV guys ready to back up the leaving seniors. that is why they never seem to have a bad year. i mean FRA getting 3rd last year was like the worst they've ever done. you would've thought it was the end of the world with how disappointed they were but just about every other school would be thrilled with a 3rd place finish at state. I know DL will have some guys step up to keep them in the top 3 or 4 at state and make another run at the championship

if usjc can improve at all, they should be the favorites. if im not mistaken they only graduated 1 person from last years team and he was like their number 6 runner so he didnt contribute much

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(xcmustangs11 @ Jun 11 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826473970[/snapback]if usjc can improve at all, they should be the favorites. if im not mistaken they only graduated 1 person from last years team and he was like their number 6 runner so he didnt contribute much

Boys should be better. One graduate as mentioned above. Several good youngsters coming up. Might be surprising.

Girls will be better. Reloading three girls from the middle school. Everyone else back. Davenport - 2005 Medalist - back from her injury and working hard. Nelson and Brosemore too.

Watch out for Macon County this fall. They finished strong last year with a young team. I expect them to be really good. Manhaney may have generated a lot of interest from his second place finish in state last year and a first and second place finish in track. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(sportsmama @ Jun 14 2007 - 06:23 PM) 826475143[/snapback]Watch out for Macon County this fall. They finished strong last year with a young team. I expect them to be really good. Manhaney may have generated a lot of interest from his second place finish in state last year and a first and second place finish in track. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

that is true but they just don't have the depth that fra, dl, mlk, and usjc have. mahaney is the clear favorite for the individual title but everyone else on the team will have to improve big time for them to have a shot at winning state. i think they will be 5th after the top 4 that seem pretty clear because of their large amount of depth

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Jun 14 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826475244[/snapback]ya think? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

that doesn't mean he's going to win, he's just the favorite. johnson had a rough year last year and i think he can turn it around and get up there. and obviously you yourself weren't too far behind him. it looks to be kind of a down year again like last year but since a lot of the top guys will be juniors or younger it should be a solid year in 2008. maybe this year more than 2 people will beat kroger (who just runs a tempo run at state basically) since she had to put on some weight to stay healthy

Etown (hahaha they blow)

wait they do have a recent STATE CHAMPIONSHIP if im correct not last year but recent and im sorry they have been top 2 for like the past 5 years except last year........plus you still couldnt handle JOSH JAYNES when he was there and he didnt even practice.... so i know one of you all scholars are going to dig down deep and say something that will get THE POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!! but you still cant talk about a program that has been tops for awhile and yes its not as talanted as it used to be but istill havent saw where CC has won state ever

But won't Voyles be back in AAA at White County for cross country? If so then it will be Duble vs. whoever USJC throws at her.I'm looking forward to racing Mahaney in cross country. But if he runs like he did during track season then we might have the call the cops for speeding.Edit: Teamwise Girls:Who knows. Girls change a lot. USJC has most if not all their crew coming back and should do well.Boys:Look for Lipscomb and USJC to be back near the top but don't be surprised if another school places high/wins.

In Girls Team JCS has a pretty good chance. They placed 5th last year and didnt have any of there top 5 leave as seniors. In Guys Team Lipscomb is always good. Is it to much to ask for a down year? lol

wait they do have a recent STATE CHAMPIONSHIP if im correct not last year but recent and im sorry they have been top 2 for like the past 5 years except last year........plus you still couldnt handle JOSH JAYNES when he was there and he didnt even practice.... so i know one of you all scholars are going to dig down deep and say something that will get THE POST OF THE DAY!!!!!!! but you still cant talk about a program that has been tops for awhile and yes its not as talanted as it used to be but istill havent saw where CC has won state ever

I think the guy was joking! Take a chill pill