AAA Cross Country - Favorites

barrister

Sorry, I think a like Allie Scalf of Science Hill or Markie Voyles of White County better than Virgina for second. I remember last year Virginia barely standing for the awards last year and she didn't run the 3200 this season in track, so the distance of 5K is a question for her. Allie ran a 11:10.77 for 3200 took some big steps forward this track season. Markie loves CC and won 10 of 12 last year, her dad said she hates to lose and had only 10 days off this Summer, beware...

Also 2nd for the boys Matt Sonnenfeldt would be a good pick, look at his improvement over the 2007 track season. Very Solid.

Mac of Oak Ridge and Helton of Independence should be right there.

Glad to see Kathy back !!! Sean is a monster !!!

Bruce

Mac doesn't coach Oak Ridge anymore - i assume you mean Jim McNamee

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a decent base, Vee should be fine at number 2. I mean, she IS a Footlocker National Returnee you know.

Yes I know she was and she finished where at FL in San Deigo ? If it was 3200 I'd pick Hine. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

3.1 seems to be tough on her. I think 800 & 1600 are her bread and butter. Great runner though.

GL

Bruce

Yes I know she was and she finished where at FL in San Deigo ? If it was 3200 I'd pick Hine. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

3.1 seems to be tough on her. I think 800 & 1600 are her bread and butter. Great runner though.

GL

Bruce

the events she chooses to train for have nothing to do with how well she runs cross country. a returning FLN runner will always be favored. she did have a bad race at san diego but so did rita (39th) so are you going to hold that against her too?

My quick thoughts on Rita and Vee at FLN in San Deigo...

My guess is they both focused on Footlocker South and so were possibly out of peak when Nats came around 2 weeks later.

Your probably right about that ! To peak week after week is real hard, not to mention the travel to San Deigo. Shoot I would be excited just to go there !!!

I heard your going to camp, have a great time...

Bruce

Your probably right about that ! To peak week after week is real hard, not to mention the travel to San Deigo. Shoot I would be excited just to go there !!!

I heard your going to camp, have a great time...

Bruce

Maaan how does everyone know about this. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm pretty excited. I think its being pitched as a bigger deal than it really is but oh well.

OR will be tremendous this year. The two K's are hard to beat but what about the others on their team? Campbell County has no individual runners but they do well as a boys team. They will have 3 senior boys and Carrington back who finished 3rd in state track and field this year. He just has to make the adjustment the CC again. In AAA, anyone got any great freshman coming up???

Blackman has a couple of really good freshman coming up next year. One of them was undefeated and won Mid-State last year and did not go on to run at state so we don't know what he could have done. I know I'm a little biased but I think he will win Region 4 AAA this year, not that its the most competitive region but still good for a freshman. Maybe better than Berry in the long run???

Even with me and Berry gone I think next year will be Blackman's best year as a team ever. I would not say they are in contention for state but I think they might scratch the top five. We have 3 solid returners, the freshman, and hopefully we can get Drew Thompson to quit messing around at Oakland and come over to Blackman....

• 2 weeks later...