All District/All Region/All State etc.

dins8

I just spoke with a coach in our district, and both he and I are upset that awards are not being announced in the paper and other places. It is the chairman's job to report awards in the paper and elsewhere. Please (coaches) let's get this done! Not that credentials mean a thing, but it is important for standouts to get their due. Coaches may not care about who gets what, but players and parents enjoy reading about their sons. It truly is a chairman's responsibility to report these honors to the local paper. Please post the following here:

All District

All Region

All State

QUOTE(dins8 @ Jun 2 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826470683[/snapback]I just spoke with a coach in our district, and both he and I are upset that awards are not being announced in the paper and other places. It is the chairman's job to report awards in the paper and elsewhere. Please (coaches) let's get this done! Not that credentials mean a thing, but it is important for standouts to get their due. Coaches may not care about who gets what, but players and parents enjoy reading about their sons. It truly is a chairman's responsibility to report these honors to the local paper. Please post the following here:

All District

All Region

All State

It's not that simple.

While the chairman "publishes" the results, all of the coaches in the district have the responsibility of getting the information to the chairman in a timely manner. I know in my district, I still am missing information from our coaches (even after repeated e mails). So, if I were you, I would contact your local coaches to make sure they have sent in the stuff they need to in order for this to get done.

As far as All State goes, that is not the chairman's responsibility. Area coaches send in their nominee's with stats and such, and they are voted on by a seperate committee. There are two All State committees... TACA and TSWA. They are just now getting the nominees, so the results for that won't be out for a while.

As far as "publishing" the results, the News Sentinel puts a TINY (and I mean small) list of the honors in the box score section of the paper. It is rather sad.

There are several ways for a manager to get slackers to fulfill their obligations. Perhaps your repeated emails could be worded differently and sent to different recipients? Peer pressure works.

Could folks pass on the news when and if the local paper publishes the tiny results?

QUOTE(oswego @ Jun 3 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826470725[/snapback]Coach G:

Sounds like you have a problem with the Sentinel. What should they do? And if you have an idea, would it include doing this with baseball, softball, too for district and region.

Actually, I don't have a problem with the sentinel. I just think they could publish the all district honors on a side bar in the sports section rather than buried in the box scores. And yes, I think they could do this with all the sports. I think this kind of recognition would be great for all sports and all schools, including players from schools that wouldn't normally get a whole lot of coverage from the paper.

Stevescarb, a district chairman shouldn't have to put pressure on the other coaches. It is their obligation to get the results back in a timely manner. I think it is a shame that I have to send out even more than 1 e mail, let alone 3 or 4. Your coach was one of the first to get it in, so I thank him and his program.

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Jun 3 2007 - 09:56 AM) 826470756[/snapback]For some sports the Sentinel would throw up a picture , school, and stats. They used to do this for soccer when the all region or all district team came out. I doesn't sound like they do that anymore.

They still do this for the Prep Xtra team, but that is different than all district.