Top Prospects for 2009

ruse?

Pendry wants Zak Tait bad. This kid works hard and is only going to get better. UT needs to start stepping up their efforts on Tenn. kids. They didn't treat the all-stars very well and kids talk. Practiced on sorry field off campus, dorms a mile away from film room and no UT coaches to be seen. Kentucky practiced in their indoor the whole time. UT needs to step up and go for kids who bleed orange and white and stop going out of state for kids with the same skills.

Coach Pendry and Coach Saban both let him know it too. The new Bama staff is a recruiting machine. They even spent quality time with the Sophs and Freshmen which will pay off big down the road. A lot of doors are getting opened this summer /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Pendry and Coach Saban both let him know it too. The new Bama staff is a recruiting machine. They even spent quality time with the Sophs and Freshmen which will pay off big down the road. A lot of doors are getting opened this summer /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Zonepirate. Does seem like they have a lot of momentum. They had that kid splashed all over their rivals site yesterday. Anyway, at the risk of seeing another one go to the dark side; here is another name for 09. I remember seeing him play in the 3A championship last year, and in all honesty did not know he was a Soph. His name popped up over on the LB thread. Evan Webb, LB, 6-2, 220 @ Lipscomb. Aggressive, nose for the ball, sure tackler. Fudamentally sound.

ruse?

ZonePirate and ruse? thanks for the updates on the Bama camp.

Burnette will make somebody a very good college QB in the right system. I know he's been to Louisville and I could see him thriving in their offense.

By the way, a name to remember for the class of '10.... Phillip Juhlin. Juhlin is an upcoming sophomore QB at Mairvul who won his age group competition at the Furman camp. Very good size, arm, mobility, and a pretty good high school QB coach in GQ.

Zonepirate. Does seem like they have a lot of momentum. They had that kid splashed all over their rivals site yesterday. Anyway, at the risk of seeing another one go to the dark side; here is another name for 09. I remember seeing him play in the 3A championship last year, and in all honesty did not know he was a Soph. His name popped up over on the LB thread. Evan Webb, LB, 6-2, 220 @ Lipscomb. Aggressive, nose for the ball, sure tackler. Fudamentally sound.

ruse?

I haven't heard much about him. I'll keep tabs on his season

ZonePirate and ruse? thanks for the updates on the Bama camp.

Burnette will make somebody a very good college QB in the right system. I know he's been to Louisville and I could see him thriving in their offense.

By the way, a name to remember for the class of '10.... Phillip Juhlin. Juhlin is an upcoming sophomore QB at Mairvul who won his age group competition at the Furman camp. Very good size, arm, mobility, and a pretty good high school QB coach in GQ.

I'm pretty sure Burnette will play D1 somewhere. I'll keep up with Juhlin too.

You've got to add Tavares Jefferson from Ensworth High school to that list. He's put up some pretty incredible numbers as a TB but I've been told he could be the best CB prospect in the country for 2009.

Remember Tavarrus when he lived over in Oak Ridge playing little league football, always was a good player. Glad to see him doing well over in Middle TN

Josh Blake at Grace Academy has greatly improved this offseason. After a soph year where he passed for over 1,000 yards and ran for almost 1,000 he worked hard on speed and strength. He has added some bulk, and has been clocked at 4.5 multiple times in the 40. He was clocked at 4.62 on wet grass at Furman. At the Furman QB camp he was selected one of the top 12 out of 175. Look for big things out of this rising junior.

I also heard he made it to the top 4 and had the best 40 time of all the QB's

Christian McFall of Jeff. Co. will be a standout at runningback.

He was last season's Prep Extra Sophomore of the Year.

Thanks JCTWP.

How is this young man comming along? Was he @ any camps this summer? How did he perform? Any interest from schools yet? Thanks.

ruse?

Josh Blake at Grace Academy has greatly improved this offseason. After a soph year where he passed for over 1,000 yards and ran for almost 1,000 he worked hard on speed and strength. He has added some bulk, and has been clocked at 4.5 multiple times in the 40. He was clocked at 4.62 on wet grass at Furman. At the Furman QB camp he was selected one of the top 12 out of 175. Look for big things out of this rising junior.

govols78.

Actually saw some film on this kid. If he bulked up, good. Shifty, but seemed like he didn't go more than a 6 foot, maybe 6-1, and 150. Was there not a SR QB down there last yr? Seems like they lost a good RB as well as a couple of OL/DL's. He did seem to have great feet/balance. Did he not play defense as well last yr. LB? Good luck to him, and the program. 4th or 5th yr now & seems to be headed in the right direction.

ruse

Hey ruse?. Evan Webb from David Lipscomb is an outstanding outside linebacker who plays the "Stud" position in Lipscomb's 3-3 Stack Defense. He has the tools to be an excellent outside linebacker because he posesses both size and speed. He will be the next great linebacker in Lipscomb's run of recent great ones (ie Braden Binkley & Ben Lehning).