Father Ryan Football 2007

b3rry1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan had a much better year this year than those in the past.... How will they fair this year and how far will they go in the playoffs?

depends on how much graduation affected the irish. in my opinion, id say they might have taken a step back after last year's senior class....but then again, i went to Christian Brothers, so i dont know too much.

As a 38 year observer of Father Ryan Football:

Games they have a chance to win

Hillwood a

JPII a

BGA H

Overton a

CPA H

Knox Webb a

Ensworth a

Games with Little chance to win

McCallie H

Brentwood Academy H

Tossup

MBA H

The way that you have it figured they could very well win zero (0) conference games. How would not winning any

D2AAA conference games sit with the Irish fans? What is the problem with the football program? They seem to have good freshmen teams but they don't progress very well after their freshmen year in football.

With that schedule, Ryan has a really good chance to win 6-8 games. Hillwood?...nice.

They may win 6-8 games but how many league games will they win? How many league games have they won in the last two seasons? You can schedule all the weak sisters you want and it will make some of the people think you have a good team but you must win in your own league to be cosidered a good team.

The Irish have some amazing athletes on that team, its just time for them to step up and play to their potential. You are going to have a very Athletic QB with a good arm and who can make plays on the ground. You have a very very deep RB group with a TON of potential. A very big and promising O Line with a couple of college prospects. Im not so sure about WR, Mark Mulloy is an amazing athlete and will be their go to guy but besides him I dont know what other options there are. Loosing Brooks Robinson at TE really hurt and I dont know who they will fill his spot with. On the other side of the ball you have some big fast D-Line men who are sure to get after the QB. Kevin Mix will turn out to be one of the better linebackers in the state and appears to be the anchor of the Deffense. Josh Hayes showed some signs of being a very good LB last year as well as some others. Secondary im not so sure on, Loosing Hole and TD Woods left some big gaps to fill back there.

Bottom line is that its time for people to step up and make plays. The Irish have been saying that they are "On the way up" for a few years now but its time to start playing like it. Last year they were able to hang with BA ( for a half) and McCallie for most of the game, they just lacked the knock out punch player that both teams had. Hopefully the coaches have designed an offense that will utalize the athletism on that side of the ball and things will flow a little more smoothly this year.

My prediction for this year is 8-2 (with a win over MBA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) and making it to the second round of the playoffs atleast.

Good luck IRISH,

ROLL PRIDE ROLL

The Irish have some amazing athletes on that team, its just time for them to step up and play to their potential. You are going to have a very Athletic QB with a good arm and who can make plays on the ground. You have a very very deep RB group with a TON of potential. A very big and promising O Line with a couple of college prospects. Im not so sure about WR, Mark Mulloy is an amazing athlete and will be their go to guy but besides him I dont know what other options there are. Loosing Brooks Robinson at TE really hurt and I dont know who they will fill his spot with. On the other side of the ball you have some big fast D-Line men who are sure to get after the QB. Kevin Mix will turn out to be one of the better linebackers in the state and appears to be the anchor of the Deffense. Josh Hayes showed some signs of being a very good LB last year as well as some others. Secondary im not so sure on, Loosing Hole and TD Woods left some big gaps to fill back there.

Bottom line is that its time for people to step up and make plays. The Irish have been saying that they are "On the way up" for a few years now but its time to start playing like it. Last year they were able to hang with BA ( for a half) and McCallie for most of the game, they just lacked the knock out punch player that both teams had. Hopefully the coaches have designed an offense that will utalize the athletism on that side of the ball and things will flow a little more smoothly this year.

My prediction for this year is 8-2 (with a win over MBA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) and making it to the second round of the playoffs atleast.

Good luck IRISH,

ROLL PRIDE ROLL

You seem to have some knowledge of the Irish and their team so maybe you can answer a few questions:

1. Why do they seem to have very strong freshmen teams but never do well with their varsity team?

2. How many league games have they won the last two seasons.

3. How many league games will they win this season?

4. Why have some of the school best athletes chosen not to play football?