Father Ryan Football 2007

b3rry1

Haha alright Ill try my best to answer these to the best I can...1) I think that there is a sertain mentality they have as Freshman to prove themselves. So they go out and bust their hind ends but as they get older the forget that they still have to prove themselves everyday and they tend to get a little lazy. Granted thats my "theory" and could be completely wrong. I think in the past they have accepted that the varsity team was always going to be bad. Now with a new coach that mentality is starting to change and they are starting to realize that they can be good but they have to continue to work harder and harder.2) Last year they were able to beat CBHS and Briarcrest in league games along with BGA in a non league as well as JPII ( Note: these will count as league games this year). Unfortunatly CBHS came back and got their revenge in the playoffs. They also lost a close one to Baylor @ Baylor ( 24-21) and to McCallie ( 39-33) both games had a couple of missed FG's but yet again showed one of the Irish's biggest problems: Finishing games and making the big play. As for the year before (lussiers first year) they won no league games. Not many people were expecting them to. No coach could have come in and turned that program around so much that they were beating the MBA's Ba's and McCallies in his first year.3) As for this year I have them winning atleast 5 league games (JPII, BGA, Knox Webb, Ensworth, and MBA *the MBA game will be one of the most thrilling games of the season and I encourage everyone to come /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />*)4) This is the only question that I cannont answer. I dont know which players have quit and what their roles were last year. If you have any names im sure i could find out the reasons for and let ya know. My guess that they are kids who are heavely involved in other sports. In today's sporting world to be the best in a sport you really have to commit yourself year round to it.Haha alright Ill try my best to answer these to the best I can...1) I think that there is a sertain mentality they have as Freshman to prove themselves. So they go out and bust their hind ends but as they get older the forget that they still have to prove themselves everyday and they tend to get a little lazy. Granted thats my "theory" and could be completely wrong. I think in the past they have accepted that the varsity team was always going to be bad. Now with a new coach that mentality is starting to change and they are starting to realize that they can be good but they have to continue to work harder and harder.2) Last year they were able to beat CBHS and Briarcrest in league games along with BGA in a non league as well as JPII ( Note: these will count as league games this year). Unfortunatly CBHS came back and got their revenge in the playoffs. They also lost a close one to Baylor @ Baylor ( 24-21) and to McCallie ( 39-33) both games had a couple of missed FG's but yet again showed one of the Irish's biggest problems: Finishing games and making the big play. As for the year before (lussiers first year) they won no league games. Not many people were expecting them to. No coach could have come in and turned that program around so much that they were beating the MBA's Ba's and McCallies in his first year.3) As for this year I have them winning atleast 5 league games (JPII, BGA, Knox Webb, Ensworth, and MBA *the MBA game will be one of the most thrilling games of the season and I encourage everyone to come /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />*)4) This is the only question that I cannont answer. I dont know which players have quit and what their roles were last year. If you have any names im sure i could find out the reasons for and let ya know. My guess that they are kids who are heavely involved in other sports. In today's sporting world to be the best in a sport you really have to commit yourself year round to it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic