Churchill Volunteer Info?

Looking over the schedule of one of the teams I follow Bell County (KY) they will play a home game this season against Churchill Volunteer (TN).

I've never heard of them or what part of TN they are from , just from checking out the homepage here I can't find any info about them ,I would like find out there location ,school size + class ,last years record + stats + team homepage etc ,etc......

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over the schedule of one of the teams I follow Bell County (KY) they will play a home game this season against Churchill Volunteer (TN).

I've never heard of them or what part of TN they are from , just from checking out the homepage here I can't find any info about them ,I would like find out there location ,school size + class ,last years record + stats + team homepage etc ,etc......

Volunteer HS is not really that far from Bell County. Take Hwy 25 into Tennessee and go south until you get to Bean Station and then pick up Hwy 11W and follow it towards Rogersville. Volunteer is located on the outskirts of Church Hill between Rogersville and Kingsport. They have about 1200 students and play in the Five Rivers Conference (Region 2-4A) in football. That conference includes Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Greeneville, Cherokee, Cocke County, Morristown West and Morristown East. Last year their record was 5-6. They started slow but came on late in the season. They will be a team to watch this season.

• 2 weeks later...

We're located in northeast TN. Region 2-4A. Last years regular season record was 5-5. We lost in the 1st round to Tennessee High. We'll have an almost all senior starting squad with a few juniors.

Here is a link to the school webiste.

http://www.hawkinsschools.net/volunteer/

And here is a link to our sports page. You'll have to go back quite awhile to get to last years football season.

http://www.tricitiessports.com/default.asp...rts&he=.com

They play rough style football,play with heart,and will def get after it, I know the coach and he has made a totally different bunch of falcons up there.

They play rough style football,play with heart,and will def get after it, I know the coach and he has made a totally different bunch of falcons up there.

And Bell Co is a powerhouse, not sure how many students. Its in some rugged country.I,d say they can strap it up.

We're located in northeast TN. Region 2-4A. Last years regular season record was 5-5. We lost in the 1st round to Tennessee High. We'll have an almost all senior starting squad with a few juniors.

Here is a link to the school webiste.

http://www.hawkinsschools.net/volunteer/

And here is a link to our sports page. You'll have to go back quite awhile to get to last years football season.

http://www.tricitiessports.com/default.asp...rts&he=.com

Thanks for the Info , Great stuff!

And Bell Co is a powerhouse, not sure how many students. Its in some rugged country.I,d say they can strap it up.

We are about 45 minutes to a hour away from Knoxville right on the KY/TN And VA border.

Bell County will be 4A this season now that KY has gone to 6 classes . There enrollment is about 700 or 750 and they usually dress about 60 to 65 players.

They are coached by Dudley Hilton who has a 292-97 career record #2 all time in the State of KY with 2 State Titles (91/98).

A Hilton Coached team is VERY physical and he loves to run the football between the tackles he is as old school as they come and tough as nails.

Bell County will have a very good team this season with a lot of SR leadership and some very talented Freshman coming up.

It should be a very good matchup and a fun game to watch , They play on Log Mountain about 3 miles from Pineville and 8 miles from Middlesboro.

Hey southeastbell, any info on good places to get a pre-game meal near the stadium? I like football and I love to eat. I am definitely going to make the trip. I hear you guys are usually a pretty tough team. We ( Volunteer ), have struggled for years but this years bunch has a lot of potential with about 17 or 18 starters returning. We have a new coach ( 3rd year I think ) and some pretty good athletes in the mix. Look forward to a change of scenery on at least one Friday night this fall.

southeastbell,

You all will enjoy playing against Volunteer...they have always had good athletes, hard nosed and determined, now they have the coaching to teach the discipline...

hey, you all have a basketball player going to LMU (don't you?)...Ryan Whitaker?...tell me about him...I understand he is a real good kid and a real good student...

Roll Tribe Roll

If last years basketball team is any indication then the football team will come out on the field wearing masks and swinging baseball bats

Man, the first day I post and the whining has already started. Only about four off of last years basketball team play football so you might be okay.

• 3 weeks later...