Save the Preds Rally

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theory has been postulated that Balsillie pursued all of this to show the viability of the Hamilton market as an expansion site for the NHL. That may be true, however, according to my sources, don't count him out yet totally as the future owner of the Preds.

"Boots" doesn't appear to be of such a singular focus to move the team. If he can make money here with butts in the seats, he'll apparnetly stay. What really stinks is how a guy at 41 is worth billions? Where did my life go wrong?

I am just not sure what kind of team we'll be putting on the ice- more like three or four years ago.

That may ulitmatley hurt ticket sales. This town will support a winner, it takes time to support a team that isn't.

The theory has been postulated that Balsillie pursued all of this to show the viability of the Hamilton market as an expansion site for the NHL. That may be true, however, according to my sources, don't count him out yet totally as the future owner of the Preds.

"Boots" doesn't appear to be of such a singular focus to move the team. If he can make money here with butts in the seats, he'll apparnetly stay. What really stinks is how a guy at 41 is worth billions? Where did my life go wrong?

I am just not sure what kind of team we'll be putting on the ice- more like three or four years ago.

That may ulitmatley hurt ticket sales. This town will support a winner, it takes time to support a team that isn't.

I'll be interested in who Poile can sign to play in Nashville this year. Considering PK will not come back, our salaries are about 24 million right now. The lower cap number will be around 34 million, so we got to sign somebody. Our first two lines, imo, are set. We need to sign the lower tier free agents, some size who are good defensively. I still believe this team can be a very good hockey team. Injuries may decide that, along with Sully. We will be thin, but the players we have can play and are proven.

The ticket drive this year is key...We need to average the fans this year and I believe that will buy us a little breathing room if the team slips a little in the future. But with todays NHL, if Boots ends up with the team in sept-november, we slip into the playoffs, pick up a key player and who knows....We sure can't be any worse than we've been in previous playoffs. Then next year, with semi stability with a new owner and certainty we will be here, we can be active. What concerns me more than anything is Poile will leave. I like him and his handling of players.

Savethepredators.com will be holding a rally concert/silent auction at The Rutledge this Tuesday, July 10 at 7PM. Cover is $10 with proceeds going to The Big Brothers/ Big Sisters for the purchase of season tickets. The show is all ages (18 and under accompanied by adult), and The Rutledge is a SMOKE-FREE venue (outside smoking area provided), located on 4th Avenue S, just over from the "Sommet" Center....

Here's an online flyer for the show:

http://home.comcast.net/~37215/july10.jpg

Savethepredators.com is also offering a high quality T-shirt for $12 to go towards the purchasing of season tickets. They have already been getting orders from areas such as Pittsburgh, where fans have said they know what we are going through here, as they also had to fight to keep their beloved team, and that they want to help us keep our team here.

Also, check out Nashvilleloveshockey.com, and order your Predators bracelets/armbands and support the cause. To the naysayers, I just want to say, that whatever may happen, for instance if they do indeed move for whatever reason, at least we can say we did all we could do to keep them here. Nothing is ever certain, but at least we can say we gave it our all, and helped do our part.

Savethepredators.com will be holding a rally concert/silent auction at The Rutledge this Tuesday, July 10 at 7PM. Cover is $10 with proceeds going to The Big Brothers/ Big Sisters for the purchase of season tickets. The show is all ages (18 and under accompanied by adult), and The Rutledge is a SMOKE-FREE venue (outside smoking area provided), located on 4th Avenue S, just over from the "Sommet" Center....

Here's an online flyer for the show:

http://home.comcast.net/~37215/july10.jpg

Savethepredators.com is also offering a high quality T-shirt for $12 to go towards the purchasing of season tickets. They have already been getting orders from areas such as Pittsburgh, where fans have said they know what we are going through here, as they also had to fight to keep their beloved team, and that they want to help us keep our team here.

Also, check out Nashvilleloveshockey.com, and order your Predators bracelets/armbands and support the cause. To the naysayers, I just want to say, that whatever may happen, for instance if they do indeed move for whatever reason, at least we can say we did all we could do to keep them here. Nothing is ever certain, but at least we can say we gave it our all, and helped do our part.

Can't be at the rutledge (out of town), but will be there Jult 19th with a litle money in my pockets for t shirts, donation, etc....

Need a ride???

The Rutledge benefit generated around $7400 for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. An overwhelming success! That should buy a ticket or two.....

Check out this bumper sticker that is available for $3.50 with free shipping thru savethepredators.com:

http://home.comcast.net/~37215/sticker.jpg

Can be purchased using Paypal.

I'm hoping they use the money to purchase blocks of tickets on the tuesday nite games to increase the attendence on the slowest dates, unless we are playing the Wings. A couple of the lower bowl season tics doesn't help as much because they will be getting the games that will sellout anyway. Need to be smart how the money is spent to maximize effect.