Father Ryan vs. Hillwood

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Father Ryan wont be at the bottom of DII, look for them to be in the middle and playing to close with some of the DII Giants. As for this game i take Father Ryan

You may very well be correct but out of the "SUPER 7" who will they be able to beat?

MBA

McCallie

Baylor

Brentwood Academy

Christian Brothers

MUS

Guest workinprogress

Father Ryan may very well be on the bottom of D2AAA again but there is a BIG difference between D2 & most 5A metro teams.

Most, I agree. But the better metro 5A teams would be very competitive with D2. Antioch, HL, Overton could all play well against these schools. Should be interesting with FR playing both Hillwood and Overton, and MBA playing Antioch.

I'll go with Father Ryan 24 Hillwood 20

Most, I agree. But the better metro 5A teams would be very competitive with D2. Antioch, HL, Overton could all play well against these schools. Should be interesting with FR playing both Hillwood and Overton, and MBA playing Antioch.

I'll go with Father Ryan 24 Hillwood 20

I am just saying that the upper-level DII teams like MBA, McCallie, & BA are better than any 5A Metro Nashville School year in and year out. Now as far as a struggling program like Father Ryan goes or teams like BGA go I do believe there are some teams in the other category that can beat them.

EXAMPLE: In 1997 & 1998 Pearl Cohn vs MBA was without question the top opening game in the midstate area. Both teams those two years had several players who went on to play college football at the next level. Many went on to play in the SEC. In Metro Nashville's case those two years I will say that PC those two years was more talented from top-to-bottom than any Metro Nashville school in any class has been since then. THERE IS NO REASONABLE ARGUMENT THAT CAN CHANGE MY OPINION ON THIS TOPIC!!!! In '97 PC lost to MBA to open the season. It was the Firebirds only loss throughout that season as they went on to run the table to win their second state title in as many years. MBA that year was the runner up in DII. They lost in the title game to Father Ryan. The next year in '98 PC once again ran the table in the regular season (eventually they were shocked in the quarterfinals by a Whites Creek team that they had beaten before that season 35-0) HOWEVER they did not run the table until after they had been beaten in the season opener by MBA.

Father Ryan has improved under their new coach

How many more victories have they achieved against the original "Super 7" teams? I am quite confident that D2AAA is a much different animal than the AAA region that Oak Ridge was in. Do the people at Father Ryan understand what it takes to win in D2AAA or do they even care? It seems as if the administration is happy if they simply field a team. From down here in sunny South Florida is looks as if the attitudes of the people that are in charge of making the decisions have sure changed at Father Ryan since Louis Catiginani, Boots Donnley, Bill Derrick, Tommy Bateman, Tom Fiveash & Kurt Page were roaming the sidelines as the head football coach of the Irish. Has the Father Ryan football program ever been down for this long in the history of the program? What changes need to me made to right the sinking ship?