Who will win the NL Central?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sucessful 4-2 road trip with the game against Zambrano postponed and gaining 2 and a half games in the division in a week......I'll take it. With the Brewers fading, the Cubs headed to the west coast, and the Cards headed back home, they are still in good shape.

I told ya'll not to count them out... Give the Cubs time they will fade out also....

A sucessful 4-2 road trip with the game against Zambrano postponed and gaining 2 and a half games in the division in a week......I'll take it. With the Brewers fading, the Cubs headed to the west coast, and the Cards headed back home, they are still in good shape.

Well congrats Sol you got yourself a pennant race. The pitching has held up suprisingly well and the Cards bats are starting to explode. I did not believe that Piniero could find himself but once again the pitching coach of the Cardinals has found a way to squeeze blood out of the turnip. (Weaver last year) As the season winds down it will come down to the best pitching. It is hard to bash your way to a Pennet but in that crazy division anything can happen. Sol how does the schedule look for the Cardinals the rest of the year? I know that I have looked ahead at the Redsox and Yankees schedule to try and gage how things might shape up. Do you not find it interesting that there is not a dominant team in Baseball this year? By the way you were right about J.D. Drew he does not live up to his billing or his contract. I think Theo has made a mistake here. C'mon $15 million a year. How about these stats .265avg 6hr and 46 r.b.i.'s and he does not even play everyday.

Well congrats Sol you got yourself a pennant race. The pitching has held up suprisingly well and the Cards bats are starting to explode. I did not believe that Piniero could find himself but once again the pitching coach of the Cardinals has found a way to squeeze blood out of the turnip. (Weaver last year) As the season winds down it will come down to the best pitching. It is hard to bash your way to a Pennet but in that crazy division anything can happen. Sol how does the schedule look for the Cardinals the rest of the year? I know that I have looked ahead at the Redsox and Yankees schedule to try and gage how things might shape up. Do you not find it interesting that there is not a dominant team in Baseball this year? By the way you were right about J.D. Drew he does not live up to his billing or his contract. I think Theo has made a mistake here. C'mon $15 million a year. How about these stats .265avg 6hr and 46 r.b.i.'s and he does not even play everyday.

I tried to tell you. I knew playing in front of Boston fans wasn't going to help at all.

Great talent, no desire to achieve it.

Duncan can take pitchers like Pinero and do wonders with them. It's going to get really interesting in about 2 weeks when Mulder joins the club again. As for schedule, it's pretty good. We play the Reds and Pirates a lot, which is always a plus. If they are within 2 games on Sept 1, I like their chances.

You know, while no one was looking (myself included), the Cards have also pulled to within 5 of the wild card. I just don't see the Brewers sticking around for this race, but even if the Cubs stay hot, the wild card is still within reach.

Man, maybe both could get in. How fun would a Cards/Cubs NLCS be?

You know, while no one was looking (myself included), the Cards have also pulled to within 5 of the wild card. I just don't see the Brewers sticking around for this race, but even if the Cubs stay hot, the wild card is still within reach.

Man, maybe both could get in. How fun would a Cards/Cubs NLCS be?

Remember what I told you Sol the National League Central championship is up to the gods of baseball and they hate the cubs.

The RedBirds keep teasing us....Two out of three against the Braves.....Now it's on to Houston where the last place Astros(love the ring to that)await........

Went 5-2 this week and picked up two on the Cubs. Now sit two back headed to Houston and the Cubs have Milwaukee for three.

The NL Central may not be the best baseball played this year, but's it's turning into quite a fun race.

And I agree, the last place Houston Astros just sounds nice.

Went 5-2 this week and picked up two on the Cubs. Now sit two back headed to Houston and the Cubs have Milwaukee for three.

The NL Central may not be the best baseball played this year, but's it's turning into quite a fun race.

And I agree, the last place Houston Astros just sounds nice.

Hey, Sol, finally made it to .500 2 games out 5 games left with the Cubs Brewers Look finished

20 more wins probably puts the birds in playoffs.

Hey, Sol, finally made it to .500 2 games out 5 games left with the Cubs Brewers Look finished

20 more wins probably puts the birds in playoffs.

I was mulling it over in my head this morning in the shower.

I think going 22-12 from here on would give them a good shot at it, and 24-10 would guarantee it. They need to take 3 of these final 5 from the Baby Bears at least. It doesn't matter what they do the rest of the way, if they can take care of business head to head then I don't know if the rest will matter.