Who will win the NL Central?

Well who knows in this crazy division and I would not be suprised if it was 85 games that won the division. If I was forced to pick today I would go with the Brewers but they may be one year away form gelling as a team. They look good on paper but as you can see these long seasons will wear on a young team so the Cubs still have a chance and they have more experienced players for a playoff run. Sorry again Sol I do not think your Cards have any shot because of pitching depth but this is why they play the games.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Cubs Go, Go Cubs Go, Hey Chicago whatd' ya say, the Cubs are gonna win today! They seem to be pulling together, with Wood getting ready to start back up from the bullpen, that could add some strength to their pitching staff, hopefully he is ready for good. Go Cubs Go!

Go Cubs Go, Go Cubs Go, Hey Chicago whatd' ya say, the Cubs are gonna win today! They seem to be pulling together, with Wood getting ready to start back up from the bullpen, that could add some strength to their pitching staff, hopefully he is ready for good. Go Cubs Go!

I wouldn't hold my breath on Wood being back from the DL...... He'll probably go right back there in a week or less...

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I write them off they make al little run and every time I think they might get back in it they take a slide. Who knows? A win today and 2 1/2 back. The more I see, I don't think Milwaukee will win. Possibly a Cubs/Cards battle.

Ditto here.

I've decided that no matter what, I am taking the LaRussa approach not letting myself get too excited until they get to .500. Then after that we will see.

Only question is have the starters actually improved for the long haul, or are they just hot and soon to be cooling down?

Every time I write them off they make al little run and every time I think they might get back in it they take a slide. Who knows? A win today and 2 1/2 back. The more I see, I don't think Milwaukee will win. Possibly a Cubs/Cards battle.

Well...Got the win today and got the sweep.......2 1/2 back...Milwaukee played as bad a series as I have seen a team play.....Doubt the Cubs will play as bad...