Halls High Red Devils

DiverCity

Definetly not blasting him. I knew the number of the kid they were talking about and his name is on the Halls website. I also agree with your statement that he does seem to have ability. In noway was I blasting the kid, he seems to have the ability to have a promising year if he chooses to do so. If, which is a if, he is the one who missed practice for wrestling that is his choice. What I am shedding light on is on who Gun816 seems to be, again seems to be. The same person that bashes Julian and says he can't out coach a monkey. The same coach that has the community fired up about football again and over a 120 kids playing football. That is who I am bashing not the kid. The kid has ability and at times looked good. Kids names are mentioned on here everyday. I agree that there does not need to bashing of the kids and yes I would be upset to if someone bashed my kid, but that was not the intent of that post and if it came off that way I apologize. The bashing is for Gun816 whose identity is pretty clear to me and he is not a kid.

Way to go sherlock, I guess I should change my name now, never guessed some one would have ever guessed that I used the first three letters of my last name I would have go unknown, but really if you wanted to know I would just have told you. I would adventure even to say that your the one that tried to break in to my account, you know it sends me an email to make sure I wanted to make the changes you tried to make.

I am sorry that you are a Coach J lover. It must of really of hurt your feelings. But why am I disgruntled. I am pretty sure I made that post before any scrimmages in the summer and was basing it off of the butt kickings we took in the spring. Why would I have been upset w/ my brothers playing time when I posted that while he was still in the junior olympics. Why would I have left of hate from when I played when I started my Junior and senior year and thought Julian was the best defensive and linebacker coach in the area. Hmm. maybe I am just over seeing this offesense that has never worked. Or, the fact that some of the players look like they have never seen the weight room or the fact that we faded out in the SC game last year because they had not been conditioned. When I mentioned Ethan I am pretty sure it was with two other perfectly capable players Jake Carr and R. Kelly I guess that makes me thier cousins or something because they must not have talent either. Everybody wanted a change at coach because of shepard offense and then we get a change and the offense stayed Thats my main complaint.

As for ethan missing football for wrestling, it was the junior olympics a chance to wrestle against the top wrestlers in the country and to showcase your talent in front of many college coaches. Ethan will not go anywhere for football, but already has coaches talking to him for wrestling, he was all KIL last year and looks to be a region champion and do some damage at state. But his dedication towards wrestling does not take from football. He only missed the morning practices and was there for all but maybe two afternoon practices.

For the comment that he looked lost on offense and defense was completely stupid because one he didnt even play defense so it would be hard to look lost if your never on the field and two he is a senior and has the the offesense down pat.

As for the excitement that Coach J brings with 120 players I look at this way. If you have 120 players then your two-days and workouts are not tough enough because if 120 players are willing to go through the torture that I went through I would be surprised.

And here is a sign that you might take this to seriously: if you spend time to do research on someone that is just coming on here to pass time and wondering what all the hype is about a team that got blown out against WB and only scored one TD against campell county.

On the other hand the comment about linebackers I made. They did look good and maybe getting hurt early was a reason why they looked slow, what I was saying it isnt the type of intensity and speed I am used to see Julian coached linebackers at so to clear up, they did well, but not at the level I have gotten used to.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun

I agree lock, stock and barrel. I saw a kid out there (at wing)whom I have not seen all summer. I have been to every afternoon practice and this kid shows up for the scrimmage and gets in. I heard a parent say that he was wrestling or something while the other kids were practicing football. I watched him for a while. He seems to have some ability but he looked lost. Not knowing what to do on defense will get you beat, not knowing what to do on offense will get someone hurt.

Gun

Never said that the kid was on Defense. If you could read you would know this. The point that I am trying to make is this; you make a bust on "D" you get scored on. You make a bust on "O" someone may get hurt. If the kid was not practicing on offense, he shouldn't have played with the ones. Do us a favor, have one of those fine English teachers from Halls proof your posts. You are not making much sense.

Somebody must help me. Who decides what offense and defense to run, the head coach or the coaching staff? Most always it is the head coach's call. Now who decides whether or not the offense is good for the players that you have? Usually the parents or a SIBLING that is/was mad at the offense he played in or didn't play in?

Let the coach's decide who, what, why, when to play. Let the parents but a ticket to the games. Let the players play their buts off and win the game. The problem is all of the know it alls want to control the people who do know what they are doing(the coach's). I heard a coach from the NFL or college say, let coach's coach and let players make plays, all the rest is just BS.

I hear alot about Hall's wing T offense. I have also heard individuals talk about how bad the offense is and how it is very predictable. I have said this a thousand times. The wing t offense is more than just a run offense. It has a very good passing scheme. The problem Halls has with the wing t is they aren't able to go very deep into the play book because of the players inability to grasp the basics. I have some friends who have kids who play for Catholic so I was at the game. On several occassions lineman missed blocks on the basic running play of the wing t which enabled Catholic to stop the play. I think as the players at Halls get a better graspe of the fundamentals of the offense you will see them go deeper in the play book. By the way if you want the Q.B. to live the line must learn to block. I have seen Halls play Central the past several years and the Catholic game the other day and I must say your Q.B.'s are the toughest guys I have ever seen on the footbal field. The line just doesn't pass block. Players make plays. As the players get better the coaches will get better. Halls ran a similar offense in 96 when they went to the state finals and they were a power house on offense. Why? Because they had great players.

Quarles is a very good high school coach. But when they started out 0-4 in 2001(?) They were some who were questioning his ability. Now 7 championships latter he is the best ever. What happens if he startts out 0-4 this year. The wolves will come howling. Good coaching and good players good teams. Good coaches (which Halls has) and average to bad players 5-5 and unrealistic fans complain about the offense.

Halls will go 6-4 this year maybe 7-3 which will be great for their talent level.

I hear alot about Hall's wing T offense. I have also heard individuals talk about how bad the offense is and how it is very predictable. I have said this a thousand times. The wing t offense is more than just a run offense. It has a very good passing scheme. The problem Halls has with the wing t is they aren't able to go very deep into the play book because of the players inability to grasp the basics. I have some friends who have kids who play for Catholic so I was at the game. On several occassions lineman missed blocks on the basic running play of the wing t which enabled Catholic to stop the play. I think as the players at Halls get a better grasp of the fundamental of the offense you will see them go deeper in the play book. By the way if you want the Q.B. to live the line must learn to block. I have seen Halls play Central the past several years and the Catholic game the other day and I must say your Q.B.'s are the toughest guys I have ever seen on the footbal field. The line just don't pass block at all in passing situations. Players make plays. As the players get better the coaches will get better. Halls ran a similar offense in 96 when they went to the state finals and they were a power house on offense. Why? Because they had great players.

Quarles is a very good high school coach. But when they started out 0-4 in 2001(?) They were some who were questioning his ability. Now 7 championships latter he is the best ever. What happens if he startts out 0-4 this year. The wolves will come howling. Good coaching and good players good teams. Good coaches (which Halls has) and average to bad players 5-5 and unrealistic fans complain about the offense.

Halls will go 6-4 this year maybe 7-3 which will be great for their talent level.

Well said redandblack63.

So Halls fans, what do we need to see from the Red Devils on Friday @ Carter so continue to develop some further confidence in the team?

One thing to watch for might be the blocking of the RB not running the ball. This function/role/position is absolutely critical in this offense. It is not always the OL that allows for penetration. Just watch for it?

The WR's need to be more physical getting off the LOS, stay lower in their routes, not pop their heads up, or let their elbows out before they make cuts. Too easy to read for DBs, and Carter has a couple of good ones. You wont's see DL like Catholic's but "coverage" sacks will be the result. Also, WR's need to be much more physical on the crack back blocks. Again Carter does not have a LB like the Tait kid, but you have to get a hat on that earhole.

Carter has some good backs. Pretty tough. Again, not the OL you saw at Catholic, but they come off pretty well. Use hands, not just shoulders to get off the blocks,and .....WRAP UP.

Keep plugging away, trust, and GO.

Some unofficial info. about the Catholic scrimmage:

After 6 series (the 7th series was odd, Halls had an apparent safety, Catholic drove the ball 80+ yards on the ground after that and scored a td - for Halls 7th series ALL the JV came in):

- Score: Halls 0, Catholic 7

- First downs: Halls 4, Catholic 14

- Rushing: Halls -10 yards (sacks), Catholic 150 yards

- Note: Halls-W. Kitts 7 caries for 6 yards, R. Kelley 2 carries for 8 yards

Catholic- Z. Vann 4 cariies for 75 yards (He used to look good in the maroon of NAGAF. I wonder if Coach Kerr could find a spot for him at AC??

- Passing: Halls 3-5 (TT 3-4) 40 yards, Catholic 4-6 for 100 yards

- Total yards - Halls 30 yards, Catholic 250 yards

- Turnovers - Halls 2, Catholic 4

More personal comments will follow later. Just remember, M. laddish is subbing for an injured Brent Hughes on both sides of the ball. He did a solid job for a sub: however, when we (Halls) began to sub for him and others we went down hill quickly. All sacks occured with at least two of five starting o. lineman resting(all were after play action that didn't seem to fool Catholic). I know Catholic subbed a lot also, but it didn't seem to bother them as much. I think I counted 3 Halls players in the first 6 series that weighed over 220 lbs., while Catholic had about 11 in their two deep. As the srimmage wore on (and the heat) this began to be a huge difference! Halls is still heading in the right direction, we just took a step back. No need to panic yet, just hope to take a few stides forward at Carter. We still have three weeks before the first game. Tackling and blocking must improve.

Note- I loved the way Catholic runs our Offense. They don't have anyone as fast as Kitts, BUT BOY ARE THEY TOUGH TO BRING DOWN! Also, LB's are as good as advertised. Every time I thought we had a hole or seam, they filled it quickly. Boy could they hit! Good luck to Catholic the rest of the year.

Brief results from Carter:

1st teamers: Halls 21, Carter 14

JV Halls 7, Carter 0

Good job tonight Halls! Reece Kelley is the man!! What a night for him on both sides of the ball. Wes Kitts had some great runs also. Quick questions:

- Why did Daniel Dayton not dress?

- Is Tyler Turner OK?

NOTE> Great job by Soph. backup QB Zach Dowdy. Came in when Turner went down and did a fantastic job! Nice play on third and llong to avoid the sack, which set up the fourth down run for Kitts. This kid is going to be a player. He lead the first team 80 yards for the go-ahead TD. GOOD JOB ZACH!

Brief results from Carter:

1st teamers: Halls 21, Carter 14

JV Halls 7, Carter 0

Good job tonight Halls! Reece Kelley is the man!! What a night for him on both sides of the ball. Wes Kitts had some great runs also. Quick questions:

- Why did Daniel Dayton not dress?

- Is Tyler Turner OK?

NOTE> Great job by Soph. backup QB Zach Dowdy. Came in when Turner went down and did a fantastic job! Nice play on third and llong to avoid the sack, which set up the fourth down run for Kitts. This kid is going to be a player. He lead the first team 80 yards for the go-ahead TD. GOOD JOB ZACH!

I did not get to see the entire scrimmage and I didn't see Turner get hurt, but I think Turner's throwing shoulder was bothering him. Don't know how serious. I heard Dayton did not dress for practice the day before. Still has some thigh issues I think. (Quad or Hamstring) Someone correct me if I am wrong.

From what I saw, the offense seems to either have "jail-breaks" for loss or execute into some big runs. The defense had issues early catching up to the sweeps but made an adjustment and got better as the scrimmage went on. The second scoring drive for Carter was hard to swallow as Halls had them 3rd and long twice and let them off the hook on missed tackles.

Carter has some good runnig backs in 20 and 48. 51 had a good scrimmage on the D line as well. Another D-lineman was injured on first play and left in an ambulance. He seemed alert when he left. I think someone said he was also the long snapper and this showed on punt team. I hope he is okay.

Overall, Halls still has some assignment issues that pop up on both sides of the ball. I think that once we are where we are supposed to be on defense and blocking the right guy on offense, we have the talent to be a pretty good team. IMO they continue to look better.

a little preview for jamboree scrimmage against Austin-East.

QB is Mark Montgomery. 6-5 210. was 4-6 last year with 1 TD

Running the ball with Lincoln Anderson. 1 TD and 168 yds last year

One receiver is Daniel Anderson. Caught 9 passes and 1 TD.

Defense only gave up 20 TD's last year. However, MANY SIGNIFICANT people are gone.

QB Jaren Troutman

HB Ashford Johnson

WR Josh Hinch

and there was that Anthony kid