'07' 1A preseason all-state team

Congratulations to MoMo Stewart of Cascade on the selection. This comes only days after being named to the All State team in Baseball as an infielder. He will in all likelihood leave Cascade as our most decorated athlete in recent years! I'm glad my son is getting to spend extra time with him on the field as our back up kicker. He not only is a great player, but a great person. Wish you luck when you move on to the next level, MoMo!

Here is a link to the story about MoMo's all-state award in baseball:

MoMo receives baseball All-State

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all in how you interpret a quarterback. A quartback doesnt have to be a drop back passer to be a great quarterback. There have been several great QBs who used there legs instead of arms and have won Heisman trophys. Some great running QBs went on in the NFL to have great careers before they bet on fighting dogs. QB is a leader. Look at Vince Young. He will take the Titans to the Super Bowl in the near future but he has and never has been respected as a QB because he doesnt throw the ball like Manning and thats after winning a National Championship with Texas. I mean his own home NFL team passed on him in the draft. Ill take Young over Manning anyday.

I am not doubting what you are saying; I pick Spann as a better QB b/c of a combination of his ability to run and pass. I believe he is the best all around QB where as Dailey is the best all-around player which is why he won Mr.Football. I am not hating Dailey, all I am saying is if I had both of them on my team I would put Spann at QB and Dailey at TB and proceed to dominate everyone we played.....lol.

Also Vince Young is my favorite player b/c he is the best player on my favorite team but I cant say I would pick him over Manning. Vince does seem to have that "IT" factor though; he is at his best when the game is on the line. I can live w/ that b/c he can improve on the rest.

Its all in how you interpret a quarterback. A quartback doesnt have to be a drop back passer to be a great quarterback. There have been several great QBs who used there legs instead of arms and have won Heisman trophys. Some great running QBs went on in the NFL to have great careers before they bet on fighting dogs. QB is a leader. Look at Vince Young. He will take the Titans to the Super Bowl in the near future but he has and never has been respected as a QB because he doesnt throw the ball like Manning and thats after winning a National Championship with Texas.

I am not doubting what you are saying; I pick Spann as a better QB b/c of a combination of his ability to run and pass. I believe he is the best all around QB where as Dailey is the best all-around player which is why he won Mr.Football. I am not hating Dailey, all I am saying is if I had both of them on my team I would put Spann at QB and Dailey at TB and proceed to dominate everyone we played.....lol.

Not to put you on the spot, but if you could only have one, Spann or Dailey, who would you choose?

Those are some pretty strong words...be prepared to defend yourself on that one.

When the Titans get the talent around them that Manning has watch out.

Well I'm a Manning hater, so I'm going to have to do the unthinkable and actually agree with MPHSTIGERS87.

Thank you! LOL. I know its hard. LOL.

I was following you and agreeing with you up until the last statement.

Ill take Young over Manning anyday and I'm sticking to it.

Not to put you on the spot, but if you could only have one, Spann or Dailey, who would you choose?

I would take Dailey b/c like I said he is the best all-around talent; I would still put him at TB and feed him the ball w/ screens, passes in the flat, as well as use him as a decoy. No worries about putting me on the spot man this is a discussion board and we are discussing.

When the Titans get the talent around them that Manning has watch out.

Thank you! LOL. I know its hard. LOL.

Ill take Young over Manning anyday and I'm sticking to it.

Manning's twice the man...... and oh by the way........ he gotta ring

DTRUTH wuz said

Its all in how you interpret a quarterback. A quartback doesnt have to be a drop back passer to be a great quarterback. There have been several great QBs who used there legs instead of arms and have won Heisman trophys. Some great running QBs went on in the NFL to have great careers before they bet on fighting dogs. QB is a leader. Look at Vince Young. He will take the Titans to the Super Bowl in the near future but he has and never has been respected as a QB because he doesnt throw the ball like Manning and thats after winning a National Championship with Texas. I mean his own home NFL team passed on him in the draft. Ill take Young over Manning anyday.

Before last week I'll bet you were in love with VICK too!!!

DTRUTH don't hold back

If I had to pick, It would be Justin Smith.

Awh come on croz. He is just our hometown hero. He is out before the half in most our games. Like a few other teams we know they stay in to build stats. If he stayed in against MJC, Clay co., and RBS last year he would have had over 1000 yds in the three games alone without being winded. Not to mention the other games he was pulled from to get the back up QB playing time. Its just a matter of how coaches handle a team. If they paly Justin the entire game every game. I would bet there would be a new state record for a QB in running yardage. Then thats not what GV football is all about.

Awh come on croz. He is just our hometown hero. He is out before the half in most our games. Like a few other teams we know they stay in to build stats. If he stayed in against MJC, Clay co., and RBS last year he would have had over 1000 yds in the three games alone without being winded. Not to mention the other games he was pulled from to get the back up QB playing time. Its just a matter of how coaches handle a team. If they paly Justin the entire game every game. I would bet there would be a new state record for a QB in running yardage. Then thats not what GV football is all about.

I'm glad you think so highly of your QB but I would like to think that you don't believe Dailey's stats are inflated by leaving him in. He ran the ball 3 times against Zion. 3 times. At Wayne County he never carried the ball after the half. In more games than not he was out or not used in the second half. The Collinwood game, our 7th or 8th game of the season was one of the first games he actually got to play more that a half. The first 2 games he was cramped up and was out around half time.