Best freshmen and newcomers for '07

mustcoach

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that CAK has a pretty strong freshmen class coming in. Casey Campbell (Yes, I know I spelled her first name wrong on purpose!) Hannah Cox, Chelsea Cates, Abby Holt are just to name a few that will be fine additions to the roster. I think Kayce (A.K.A. "bones") will do great things with Brittany up top.

I know that CAK has a pretty strong freshmen class coming in. Casey Campbell (Yes, I know I spelled her first name wrong on purpose!) Hannah Cox, Chelsea Cates, Abby Holt are just to name a few that will be fine additions to the roster. I think Kayce (A.K.A. "bones") will do great things with Brittany up top.

Ashley Reveiz, Beth Aaser, Sam Turner, Kat Nigro, Gretchen Johnson, and Caroline Ginaselli(spelling). I am not sure of the schools they are attending(possibly Bearden, Farragut, and maybe Karns)

Freshman: East Tennessee: Brianna Holmes playing for Oak Ridge--Great Athlete! Tessa Johnson ---Knoxville Halls and ODP standout. She is very creative and unpredictable! Look for great things from this young lady! Greta Johnson---Karns. Solid and dependable!

Middle Tennessee: Alissa Curtis (not sure who she is playing for- small Private Christian school??), Kathyrn Nigro---Livingston Academy. She made the Regional 93 ODP team! One of the top players in the state. Period!!!

West Tennessee: ???

Freshman: East Tennessee: Brianna Holmes playing for Oak Ridge--Great Athlete! Tessa Johnson ---Knoxville Halls and ODP standout. She is very creative and unpredictable! Look for great things from this young lady! Greta Johnson---Karns. Solid and dependable!

Middle Tennessee: Alissa Curtis (not sure who she is playing for- small Private Christian school??), Kathyrn Nigro---Livingston Academy. She made the Regional 93 ODP team! One of the top players in the state. Period!!!

I just read that Kat Nigro was chosen for the USSF National ID Camp in California. Will she around much to play HS, with being chosen for the Regional Team and most likely the U15 National Team ? Where is Livingston Academy? near Nashville?

Look for Sam Turner, watched her play, she has speed and talent.

Bearden has 4 from SMSC Velocity Premier, and another 5 from KFC Velocity Red. Should be a good future!

Notre Dame looks to have a nice new class of freshman, both those that made varsity, as well as those who made JV, include Michelle Spangler, a freshman who recently moved from California.

As you know we don't play much soccer in the West, and don't have much Coach T airtime. I think the "staying under the radar" is what we practice best, well maybe not me. Bet we got some, but you gotta find them out for yourselves. Too many bullets fly when someone starts slinging their kudos. Why do so many have to go on air for bragging rights?????????????? I know when last year I was supporting SAA (you figure it out) everyone had nothing good to say until state. So, less said sometimes is better...... somebodies left footed freshman from from a state far/far away is going to make the difference for a team 5-8-3 is still betting on the lottery, but no ticket, no winner.

Good luck to every team. We all know it is way to early to predict, but have fun trying.

Please don't drink and post!

Sorry, I don't post till I drink. Just another poor attempt at humor. Probably would be better off keeping those thoughts to myself. I just don't understand how so many want to predict how a team will play based on a few players. It takes 11 to field a team and we all know upsets and injuries occur all the time. So how can one predict?

Sorry, I don't post till I drink. Just another poor attempt at humor. Probably would be better off keeping those thoughts to myself. I just don't understand how so many want to predict how a team will play based on a few players. It takes 11 to field a team and we all know upsets and injuries occur all the time. So how can one predict?

If you will notice the name of the Heading is Best freshman and newcomers for '07!!! NOT Predictions for '07 based on a few good players. No intent was made to making predictions. My comment along with others pertained to some good athletes that could make a difference in their school programs no matter how good or bad the high school program might be. I am simply not qualified to name any West Tennessee players that are Freshman that are up and coming. Yes , I saw some at D1 and D2 TSSA State Tournaments, but do not know their names or schools. Additionaly, I am fully aware of how great St. Agnes Academy did last year, and yes, one player comes to mind of handling defense very well (Carolyn Capocaccia).

Naming 5 players from 5 different schools (4 of which never will even make it to districts let along Regionals or State----No kudos to sling just observation of my knowledge of "Best Freshman and Newcomers '07.