Best freshmen and newcomers for '07

mustcoach

If you will notice the name of the Heading is Best freshman and newcomers for '07!!! NOT Predictions for '07 based on a few good players. No intent was made to making predictions. My comment along with others pertained to some good athletes that could make a difference in their school programs no matter how good or bad the high school program might be. I am simply not qualified to name any West Tennessee players that are Freshman that are up and coming. Yes , I saw some at D1 and D2 TSSA State Tournaments, but do not know their names or schools. Additionaly, I am fully aware of how great St. Agnes Academy did last year, and yes, one player comes to mind of handling defense very well (Carolyn Capocaccia).

Naming 5 players from 5 different schools (4 of which never will even make it to districts let along Regionals or State----No kudos to sling just observation of my knowledge of "Best Freshman and Newcomers '07.

S O R R Y!!!!!!!! I had to let the post cool for several minutes before I could read it. Perhaps I have read so many predictions across numerous posts that I over reacted. We have 3 freshmen on the SAA varsity this year and several on JV that will get some playing time, but we haven't seen them play. Carolyn was definitely an outstanding freshman and will continue to be a very important player. From what I hear she is one of a few from TN making the ODP Region Team. Please accept my apology for getting off track.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S O R R Y!!!!!!!! I had to let the post cool for several minutes before I could read it. Perhaps I have read so many predictions across numerous posts that I over reacted. We have 3 freshmen on the SAA varsity this year and several on JV that will get some playing time, but we haven't seen them play. Carolyn was definitely an outstanding freshman and will continue to be a very important player. From what I hear she is one of a few from TN making the ODP Region Team. Please accept my apology for getting off track.

Hey H20Dog, don't sweat it. I'm new to this message board and see mid and east TN can be a bit touchy when it comes to the message boards. You know, we from the west should be posting more anyway to promote the success the west has seen over mid and east TN the past several years. It should continue this year with the incoming freshman and some newcomers to our area.

Hey H20Dog, don't sweat it. I'm new to this message board and see mid and east TN can be a bit touchy when it comes to the message boards. You know, we from the west should be posting more anyway to promote the success the west has seen over mid and east TN the past several years. It should continue this year with the incoming freshman and some newcomers to our area.

Thanks......nice to know we have one more soldier from the west. Everybody from the Mid & East knows everybody. I have no clue who going to rise to the top this season. The only time the West talks about their teams is why one will beat another. There's lots of talent and great teams and coaches in the West. And yes, GREAT successes. I tried last season to carry a banner for the west via St. Agnes and Collierville as contenders, but was told how week our schedule was and so on. I wish I had just a small amount of Tennessee high school soccer as all those who are quick to put the West down. I don't want to suggest we are the best, but we don't desire to be attacked every time we was our school colors. Good luck to you and the Mustangs.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few strong freshmen from Cumberland County. Victoria Ports, who comes from a long line of strong soccer blood (her dad played somewhere overseas..brother kicking for D1 team with soccer being his strongest sport)...creative in the middle with a great left and right shot from outside the 18. Ellie Jo Krumpols is another extremely talented forward..speed and ball control are her strengths. Rebecca Kennedy has a knack for winning the ball and making great things happen. Exciting new talent in Crossville.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read that Kat Nigro was chosen for the USSF National ID Camp in California. Will she around much to play HS, with being chosen for the Regional Team and most likely the U15 National Team ? Where is Livingston Academy? near Nashville?

Look for Sam Turner, watched her play, she has speed and talent.

Livingston Academy is in Livingston, north of Cookeville, about an 1.5 hours from Nashville and Knoxville.

Just some observations from the Katie Hunter Tournament concerning some freshman or otherwise new players.

Greenville has a great goalkeper, Anna Stroud. Greenville graduauted their goalkeeper last year and this young lady played great in her first year as a starter.

Another young lady that plays for Greenville is Patience Leonard. She is a senior and no one knows if a college is even looking at her. Great quick decisions, foot skills, works hard to track back and win the ball. Her style of play fits her name. If I were putting together an All-Tournament team she would be in the top 11. Don't know how much play time she has had or a newcomer she is..but some college is missing out on a jewel.

A freshman that is doing great in a tough situation is Rebecca Perkins. She is the goalkeeper who had to step in at Farragut for Megan Buzzeo. Being a freshman and her back line not comfortable with her yet is huge. Against Houston she made some saves that kept the game close. She is very smart and if learns to read the game can put herself in better positions to make easier saves. In time she could be special for the Lady Admirals.

Two players on Powell that are freshman and doing well are Amanda Huffaker, goalkeeper, and Mali Collins.

These were some players that caught my eye. There were others but I don't know their names or if they are really newcomers.

Someone posted this same type topic last year. I thought it was great to see these up and comers burst on the scene. I don't care which club they come from or school affliation, I just like seeing good players play good soccer.

Another very talented freshman I've seen in club circles is Hannah Jenkins from McMinn Central HS. Not to be confused with another talented Hannah Jenkins, sophomore from Soddy Daisy HS.

I just read that Kat Nigro was chosen for the USSF National ID Camp in California. Will she around much to play HS, with being chosen for the Regional Team and most likely the U15 National Team ? Where is Livingston Academy? near Nashville?

Look for Sam Turner, watched her play, she has speed and talent.

I don't know much about soccer, but I just read in the local paper that Kat Nigro scored 8 goals in her first 3 high school games. I would say that's very impressive.

Just some observations from the Katie Hunter Tournament concerning some freshman or otherwise new players.

Greenville has a great goalkeper, Anna Stroud. Greenville graduauted their goalkeeper last year and this young lady played great in her first year as a starter.

Another young lady that plays for Greenville is Patience Leonard. She is a senior and no one knows if a college is even looking at her. Great quick decisions, foot skills, works hard to track back and win the ball. Her style of play fits her name. If I were putting together an All-Tournament team she would be in the top 11. Don't know how much play time she has had or a newcomer she is..but some college is missing out on a jewel.

A freshman that is doing great in a tough situation is Rebecca Perkins. She is the goalkeeper who had to step in at Farragut for Megan Buzzeo. Being a freshman and her back line not comfortable with her yet is huge. Against Houston she made some saves that kept the game close. She is very smart and if learns to read the game can put herself in better positions to make easier saves. In time she could be special for the Lady Admirals.

Two players on Powell that are freshman and doing well are Amanda Huffaker, goalkeeper, and Mali Collins.

These were some players that caught my eye. There were others but I don't know their names or if they are really newcomers.

Patience Leonard is not a newcomer - she made All-State as a Sophmore. She is tough, never gives up and rarely makes a mistake. I believe several D1 schools are trying to sign her.

Patience Leonard is not a newcomer - she made All-State as a Sophmore. She is tough, never gives up and rarely makes a mistake. I believe several D1 schools are trying to sign her.

Who and how do you know this? I spoke with parents of the Greenville Program and they knew of no school talking to her. LIke I said in my post, I did not know if she was or wasn't a newcomer. If there are schools talking to her then good for her. She will be a real prize for some coach.

Greeneville has an awesome crop of Freshman (about 14 girls). 5 have started several games. Caroline Lodge is a forward to watch. They also have a Freshman goalie on the bench - Alyssa Crum - she is big, quick and fearless when coming out. She would be a starter on most other teams but GV has an excellent Junior GK in Anna Stroud.