1st game vs. So Cal Pumas won 3-1

2nd game vs. Indy Dream won 2-1

3rd game vs. Minnesota Sting won 7-4

4th game vs. San Jose Sting won 2-0

5th game vs. California Nemesis won 5-1

6th game vs. Arizona Killer Bees won 1-0 in 8 innings

7th game vs. OC Batbusters won 4-0

Championship game vs. Southern Illinois Force won 11-2

Congrats to the Cruisers. It is incredibly tough to win this tournament much less do it and go undefeated. The OC Batbusters were the heavy favorites to win so thanks for bringing home the trophy to the "South"!

Cruisers' roster

Merrick Martin - SS Mt. Juliet

Courtney Billington - 2B Willson Central

Jenny Bain - 3B Hendersonville

Adair Hewett - 1B Centennial

Hannah Irwin - C/RF Mt. Juliet

Raven Goodman - CF Columbia Central

Tiffany Hibbs - C/RF Goodpasture

Beth Harris - LF LaVergne

Riley Mashburn - P Father Ryan

Brittany Pruitt - P Ravenwood

1st game vs. So Cal Pumas won 3-1

2nd game vs. Indy Dream won 2-1

3rd game vs. Minnesota Sting won 7-4

4th game vs. San Jose Sting won 2-0

5th game vs. California Nemesis won 5-1

6th game vs. Arizona Killer Bees won 1-0 in 8 innings

7th game vs. OC Batbusters won 4-0

Championship game vs. Southern Illinois Force won 11-2

Well, it is an accomplishment but the Cruiser roster consists of almost all players in the 2008 class....rising seniors. Because of recruiting moving to younger and younger ages in the last two years most of the 2008 class is playing on 18U teams in ASA. If you look at the rosters of all the teams registered in 16U ASA you will see all rising freshmen, rising sophomores and rising juniors. Even some of these young players are seen on 18U Gold rosters now at the Championships in Oklahoma. I hope playing 16U helps these rising seniors (esp the pitchers) get a scholarship. I have always pushed for these girls to play at the highest level they possibly can to get the most college opportunities.

First if you knew anything about the ASA program = you would know that more of your competitive colleges scout the 16U Nationals than any other national tournmanet. Go the the 16U National website and look at the name of all the colleges that are represented. In this area, it is better to play 16 for two years than to go to 18A if you can. The 18's are not as highly recruited as the 16. It is a much more competitive tournament. It does not matter that they are rising seniors. This area does not have enough players that are willing to play at the Gold level. Playing Gold requires better pitchers - you need at least 3 and better hitters - it is a more offensive game than 18A. If you will compare the 18A website to the 16A website - the better colleges were in Sioux Falls than Texas. Its the nature of the game and the direction that recruiting is heading. Yes there are more and more 09 and 10 already committing and more from the west are playing up - read SpySoftball or the HSSSSS.com and you will see that recruiting is changing. But winning this tournament will in no way hurt these girls - but will show the west that we have talent this side of the Mississippi - I bet most of all the SEC coaches were there if you looked and I have not even checked that out yet - but what they do know is go to the 16A because all the A tournaments are played the same week and then fly straight into Oklahoma City for the Gold Nationals- congratulations to Mike and all the girls - oh by the way - did you know that 5 out of the 10 girls listed all play in 9AAA district in the middle tennessee area - what does that say for that distict?

First if you knew anything about the ASA program = you would know that more of your competitive colleges scout the 16U Nationals than any other national tournament. Go the the 16U National website and look at the name of all the colleges that are represented. In this area, it is better to play 16 for two years than to go to 18A if you can. The 18's are not as highly recruited as the 16. It is a much more competitive tournament. It does not matter that they are rising seniors. This area does not have enough players that are willing to play at the Gold level. Playing Gold requires better pitchers - you need at least 3 and better hitters - it is a more offensive game than 18A. If you will compare the 18A website to the 16A website - the better colleges were in Sioux Falls than Texas. Its the nature of the game and the direction that recruiting is heading. Yes there are more and more 09 and 10 already committing and more from the west are playing up - read SpySoftball or the HSSSSS.com and you will see that recruiting is changing. But winning this tournament will in no way hurt these girls - but will show the west that we have talent this side of the Mississippi - I bet most of all the SEC coaches were there if you looked and I have not even checked that out yet - but what they do know is go to the 16A because all the A tournaments are played the same week and then fly straight into Oklahoma City for the Gold Nationals- congratulations to Mike and all the girls - oh by the way - did you know that 5 out of the 10 girls listed all play in 9AAA district in the middle tennessee area - what does that say for that distict?

Congrats to the Cruisers!!!!!!! Don't let some idiot try to downplay this victory!!!!! To those of us who actually go to the ASA "A" World Series, we now how hard it is!!!!!! Hopefully next year we can continue to bring this title back to TN!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the Cruisers! What an accomplishment! I agree with the previous poster, don't let anyone steal your thunder - enjoy your remarkable success.

On a side note, with early committments becoming more and more commonplace in college softball - you see more and more college coaches at 16U tournaments.

Congratulations to the Cruisers! What an accomplishment! I agree with the previous poster, don't let anyone steal your thunder - enjoy your remarkable success.

On a side note, with early committments becoming more and more commonplace in college softball - you see more and more college coaches at 16U tournaments.

There were 17 Coaches at one of our POOL GAMES!!!!!!

There were 17 Coaches at one of our POOL GAMES!!!!!!

I heard that Lisa Fernandez was at both games Germantown played (among many other coaches). The list of coaches for the 16U was unbelievable! I think you are right in that most coaches hit the 16U Nat'ls and then on to OK city. My daughter is a college player and that is exactly what her coach did.

I heard that Lisa Fernandez was at both games Germantown played (among many other coaches). The list of coaches for the 16U was unbelievable! I think you are right in that most coaches hit the 16U Nat'ls and then on to OK city. My daughter is a college player and that is exactly what her coach did.

Unless you are involved with the ASA program - most people dont realize how the 16's are recruited over the 18's = Its incredible how many of the coaches go to the 16's - Mike had the right personnel to stay down this year and it paid off -

Unless you are involved with the ASA program - most people dont realize how the 16's are recruited over the 18's = Its incredible how many of the coaches go to the 16's - Mike had the right personnel to stay down this year and it paid off -

So many Gold teams have returning college players and signed kids on their rosters. I'm not taking anything away from Gold from a recruiting standpoint - it is the best competition, no doubt. However, to insinuate that at a 16U national tournament, a team made up of 2008's went in and beat up on a bunch of 13, 14 and 15 year olds is just not the case. The college coaches know well about the age cut-off in ASA and recruit heavily from both tournaments.

So many Gold teams have returning college players and signed kids on their rosters. I'm not taking anything away from Gold from a recruiting standpoint - it is the best competition, no doubt. However, to insinuate that at a 16U national tournament, a team made up of 2008's went in and beat up on a bunch of 13, 14 and 15 year olds is just not the case. The college coaches know well about the age cut-off in ASA and recruit heavily from both tournaments.

I think you are reading something into my post - I think what he did was great - I am not in any way, shape or form dogging them - I am praising them - please dont turn this around - I was just trying to congratulate Mike and the girls - sorry if my posts were misconstrued

I think you are reading something into my post - I think what he did was great - I am not in any way, shape or form dogging them - I am praising them - please dont turn this around - I was just trying to congratulate Mike and the girls - sorry if my posts were misconstrued

Well, it is an accomplishment but the Cruiser roster consists of almost all players in the 2008 class....rising seniors. Because of recruiting moving to younger and younger ages in the last two years most of the 2008 class is playing on 18U teams in ASA. If you look at the rosters of all the teams registered in 16U ASA you will see all rising freshmen, rising sophomores and rising juniors. Even some of these young players are seen on 18U Gold rosters now at the Championships in Oklahoma. I hope playing 16U helps these rising seniors (esp the pitchers) get a scholarship. I have always pushed for these girls to play at the highest level they possibly can to get the most college opportunities.

My bad...............the above was what I was referring to, not your post ..............sorry.