Congrats to Barry Bonds. Best hitter of all time. Very happy I had the chance in my lifetime to see a record of this magnitude broken.

I have seen in my lifetime Barry Bonds break Henry Aaron's home run record and Cal Ripken break Lou Gehrig's streak and from my point of view the Ripken feat was more celebrated by everyone in America. You see Ripken played the game the right way. No he was not a great a hitter as Bonds or was he as good an athelete as Bonds but we will remember Cal Ripken and smile and continue to celebrate his excellence as person and a player because those are the things that count. 756 is just a number just like 2131 (I think) is just a number and I do not even remember the new number but I will remember that night when baseball was on the ropes from the strike and a cancelled World Series, a humble man man who packed his lunch pale and went to work every day without saying what is in it for me. A man who hit a home run in the game when the streak was broken and did not raise his arms in the batters box and watch it sail over the fence. He put his head down and ran the bases as the cheers came down. Yes 756 is a big deal but does America feel that this record is a part of them as we all felt that September night in 1995. No I do not think so. I can only say "Hurry up Alex, we are all waiting on you to save the greatest record in America sports".