smyrna 41 (missed pat)

siegel 13

smyrna 8 possesions 6 tds

wilkes 2 tds

torres 1td

sanders 1 rushing td

gray 2 rushing tds

gray 3 td passes and looked very sharp

smyrnas offense looked sharp and as expected threw it a little more than usual but showed the ability to run or pass

and will probably become more balanced.

smyrnas best defensive player Josh day did not play (turf toe)

smyrna played 2 freshman one started at mlb the other played tb

siegel - big team

#6 is huge

hard to run on inside

had some good skill players

good solid win still a lot of improvement to make but I have always heard teams make the most improvement between their 1st and second game so hopefully that will give us an advantage against brentwood next week.

was only there first half, cant really make my judgement on smyrna. there were plays i was very impressed and plays were i thought only worked because the opponent was siegel. so really i left the game more confused about smyrna than more in sync with what they are going to be this year. i will say that i think smyrna will have little success running the ball against us and there best bet is to throw the ball 20+ yards down the field as much as possible. sonny had some great short completions but our defense this year has such an ability to get to the ball that i think we can cut the passes off similar to how we cut the runners off

was only there first half, cant really make my judgement on smyrna. there were plays i was very impressed and plays were i thought only worked because the opponent was siegel. so really i left the game more confused about smyrna than more in sync with what they are going to be this year. i will say that i think smyrna will have little success running the ball against us and there best bet is to throw the ball 20+ yards down the field as much as possible. sonny had some great short completions but our defense this year has such an ability to get to the ball that i think we can cut the passes off similar to how we cut the runners off

I would say smyrna is thinking about what they will do against brentwood as opposed to whatever success they will have against riverdale. They do have one advantage in that they have the ability to actually throw it if they need to.

I can make a judgement on riverdale - they are running an offense based on their coaches comfort level not based on the talent they have. They will find it more difficult to run against 10 or 11 in the box every play as the season goes on. Also after one season coaches are picking up on adeylotts tendacies. His bread and butter 2 plays when he needs yardage are the speed sweep and the counter. he counts on those to get 10 or 12 yards when he needs them.

If those don't go they struggle.

I guess time will tell which offense will have success and there are a lot of games between now and then.

As for Siegel - I don't understand it? They have huge lineman a stud defensive end skill players in #5 and #25.

They also have a good fb in #15. They have the talent to win.

I would say smyrna is thinking about what they will do against brentwood as opposed to whatever success they will have against riverdale. They do have one advantage in that they have the ability to actually throw it if they need to.

I can make a judgement on riverdale - they are running an offense based on their coaches comfort level not based on the talent they have. They will find it more difficult to run against 10 or 11 in the box every play as the season goes on. Also after one season coaches are picking up on adeylotts tendacies. His bread and butter 2 plays when he needs yardage are the speed sweep and the counter. he counts on those to get 10 or 12 yards when he needs them.

If those don't go they struggle.

I guess time will tell which offense will have success and there are a lot of games between now and then.

As for Siegel - I don't understand it? They have huge lineman a stud defensive end skill players in #5 and #25.

They also have a good fb in #15. They have the talent to win.

I think that Siegel is not a bad team. Smyrna is just a really good team, very well coached. Siegel will win games this year. As for Smyrna and Riverdale i see people already talking about it. Smyrna should torch riverdale. Shouldnt be close. Pico Nance made some plays tonight, caleb harper is a better playmaker from wr, i hope watson moves him back and starts nance at hb. Staley haynes the fb needs to get MORE carries out of i form. I never thought id say that but they didnt give it to him enough. Siegels D looked soft the o line looked soft. They lacked aggresivness. Didnt hit like the stars did last year. But it will all come together. I really see Siegel being a playoff team this year.