Silverdale Seahawks & Grace Golden Eagles

2seamfastball

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Allen's comments were interesting. While other schools do get transfers, there aren't many (even Temple) that get 6 at once. Not sure his comparison with Christ came out right.

It came out the way he wanted it to and that is how arrogant he is and for him to say people on here hide behind there computer what is he hiding behind .To answer your question no coach or school has 6 in one year.A couple of days ago one of the coaches on here said he never had 6 in his 12 years of coaching.Yes,1 maybe 2 but look at the trouble temple is in with there 2.

I think that Silverdale will win this one. Grace has a good team but I do not think they have improved this much over last year as much as Silverdale has. And Silverdale was good last season.

Last year, Temple was predicted to be in the fourth spot and finished in first, surprising many. As good as Grace is, the difference will be in the coaching staff's preparedness for the game. I think John Allen will be the difference in that game. He had a better attack last year against Temple than any other team we faced in the regular season. He knew our weaknesses and exploited them.

The only weakness that I saw in Silverdale is their passing game. One of their great strengths is discipline.

I have not seen Grace play yet but I understand they have the same quarterback returning from last year. They surely have improved also over last season. I cannot remember how many starters return from last year but unless they have some significant kids stepping up from somewhere, I cannot see them being much of a threat to Silverdale. Temple had the best offense in the region last year and was shut down by Silverdale. It does not matter how good your offense is if you do not have the ball and Silverdale is very stingy with its possessions.

I will go with Zone on this one. Silverdale by a td.

Both teams should make the playoffs this year.

As for Blake and Cross...

Cross is a very solid runner. He runs very hard and loves to hit. He will be one of the better runners in the region.

As for Blake. He is very very good. He will be one of the best junior quarterbacks in the state in any classifaction. I heard he went to a QB camp of around 120 kids at Furman. He finished in the top 10 out of those 120 kids. Not to mention most of them there are going to be seniors. He also turned in a 4.5 forty.

I would say the skill position players for Grace are going to be good enough to compete for a region title, but there lines will keep them for doing so. I will give them 3rd in the region 2nd at best.

Prep Blitz Silverdale article is on page 20

Another article in Saturdays TFP

Silverdale-OS article

i read it and didnt see anything about people hiding behind a computer like someone said or i thought they said thats the article i want to see if its out there, just wondering if i missed something, no big deal thanks for the info.

i read it and didnt see anything about people hiding behind a computer like someone said or i thought they said thats the article i want to see if its out there, just wondering if i missed something, no big deal thanks for the info.

"We've got all the right people on the bus, now we just have to get them on the right seat," said Allen, who bristled when asked about opponents' accusations that he has developed a reputation for recruiting players. "That absolutely bothers me because it's a flat-out attack on the ministry at our school. People sit at a computer and aren't man enough to use their names, but they start rumors."

"Other schools get transfers, but it's usually my name that gets brought up in recruiting. But that's OK. The world hated Christ, so who am I to think they'll like me?"

Among the players who transferred in and are expected to provide immediate help are fullback Brian Bush, wingbacks Taj Edwards and Edward Montgomery, receiver Chris Davenport and defensive backs Brennan Morrow and Chris Holloway.

No, it's not an attack, and it's not a question of Silverdale, it's questioning the coach since there were these same accusations when he was in North Georgia. Davenport and Edwards aren't just help, they're both listed among the top 75 prospects in the tri-state area, among about 70 schools from 1A to 5A.

"We've got all the right people on the bus, now we just have to get them on the right seat," said Allen, who bristled when asked about opponents' accusations that he has developed a reputation for recruiting players. "That absolutely bothers me because it's a flat-out attack on the ministry at our school. People sit at a computer and aren't man enough to use their names, but they start rumors."

"Other schools get transfers, but it's usually my name that gets brought up in recruiting. But that's OK. The world hated Christ, so who am I to think they'll like me?"

Among the players who transferred in and are expected to provide immediate help are fullback Brian Bush, wingbacks Taj Edwards and Edward Montgomery, receiver Chris Davenport and defensive backs Brennan Morrow and Chris Holloway.

No, it's not an attack, and it's not a question of Silverdale, it's questioning the coach since there were these same accusations when he was in North Georgia. Davenport and Edwards aren't just help, they're both listed among the top 75 prospects in the tri-state area, among about 70 schools from 1A to 5A.

thats what i wanted to see thanks so much Indian