Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Alex Mullin progressing? I thought she would be a shoe-in for varsity, but I guess that shows how much I know.

Alex Mullin is a very good player and she is just going to get better and better with time. Fortunately

(or unfortunately) for a lot of the girls on this year's Notre Dame JV team is that they are very deep from top to bottom. I hear some of the JV will get a chance to dress out with the varsity vs Grace this Thursday.

BigG, I look forward to final score and your analysis

Final score ended up 3-1 Bearden.

It's hard to give a good analysis not being there, but I usually get pretty good pre and post game reports. I would like to see the official shot count (my sources actually said that CAK had more shots but I don't know if that is accurate or not). I am sure that Coach Turner's team was rockin'.

Bearden is the defending AAA state champions. From what I understand, we held our own for 3/4 of the game, and then made some defensive errors which led to goals number 2 and 3. First official game of the season (of which last year we lost 6-0 to Bearden in a scrimmage) is not too shabby. I respect Coach Pifer for upping the level of talent of the teams that they play during the regular season. (I believe they play Science Hill later this week).

I think both teams can come out of this game with a lot of good things, but also things to work on. I would have loved to have gone, but with a 1st grader and pre-k at home, I'd rather spend time reading bedtime stories while I still can (Chas, I know you understand what I am talking about! They grow up TOOOOO fast!).

Sorry about the lack of info, but I will give more as my middleschool girls season starts up next week, which forces me out on the soccer pitch and I get to see the varsity girls play a lot more.

Hope things down in ND town are going well for you!

Thanks! You seem to know what is going on with ND soccer. How is Alex Mullin progressing? I thought she would be a shoe-in for varsity, but I guess that shows how much I know.

Thanks again.

I'm more familiar with Varsity, so I can only speak in general terms. I'll echo Chasanooga comment's that ND has great depth, and that means that many qualified players that might normally make it to Varsity in another school end up playing JV. A down side that I saw from last year to this year is that a number of strong JV players got tired of waiting, and hung up their cleats. Too bad, as they were fun to watch, and would have been good additions to Varsity.

I'm more familiar with Varsity, so I can only speak in general terms. I'll echo Chasanooga comment's that ND has great depth, and that means that many qualified players that might normally make it to Varsity in another school end up playing JV. A down side that I saw from last year to this year is that a number of strong JV players got tired of waiting, and hung up their cleats. Too bad, as they were fun to watch, and would have been good additions to Varsity.

I'd be happy to take some of those that hung up their cleats. Things are a little different here on the South Side. There is no JV team. All the girls play varsity. Hasn't been a JV team for several years I don't think. Usually the younger players get thrown into the mix and get to contribute immediately.

I'd be happy to take some of those that hung up their cleats. Things are a little different here on the South Side. There is no JV team. All the girls play varsity. Hasn't been a JV team for several years I don't think. Usually the younger players get thrown into the mix and get to contribute immediately.

I'll take our problem of not having room for good players on Varsity over not having enough players for varsity and JV. Having 40+ girls willing to play soccer for a school is a very fortunate thing, and I need to be grateful....