Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

LLoser,

Let me first refresh your short memory concerning the Oak Ridge Football Program, that you seem to think has faded and is living in the past.

The years of 2000: 2005 13-1 State Runner-up

2004 12-2 lost to Riverdale in the semi-final game.

2003 12-2 lost to Riverdale in the semi-final game.

2002 lost to Kingsport DB in 3rd round of play-offs

2000 lost to Kingsport DB in 3rd round of playoffs

I can see picking Fulton to win last years game, but not vs. the 2005, 2004, or the 2003 Oak Ridge teams.

Oak Ridge has an overall record of 549 wins-148 losses.

The 1940's record: 35-25

The 1950's record: 85-10

The 1960's record: 70-26

The 1970's record: 91-21

The 1980's record: 94-23

The 1990's record: 107-23

The 2000's record: 67-20

Overall Playoff record: 56-22

Notice any trends? To say Oak Ridge football is living in the past is insane!

8-State Championships

1-State Runner-up

1-National Championship

As for the articles in the Oak Ridger, DID you read just one article, or the whole series of articles concerning the first game. Because if you did, you should have noticed the praise that David heaped on to the Fulton football program. The "idiot" you refer to, is an Oak Ridge Hall of Fame member, who has called the Oak Ridge games now for about 25-30 years. His knowledge of the game of football (or any sport for that matter) far exceeds any poster on CoachT who relys on newspaper articles for his source of the game or their outcomes. You are indeed entitled to your opinion, here's mine, you think way too much of yourself and your posts! And your last post, just proves it!

What is Fultons record against Oak Ridge, 14-1, I think!! A 5A powerhouse scheduling a 3-A team is a

lose-lose situation for Oak Ridge and you know it!

Here is my prediction on the game, Oak Ridge has struggled on offense (as far as being consistent) in all of their scrimmages,

I know Fulton lost alot, but this one will be close, I'm calling it a toss-up! I'm probably one of the few Oak Ridge supporters who, if had to pick a winner, I would lean toward Fulton.

catback,

I know of all this History concerning Oak Ridge Football. It is a great History, and will continue to be a good one.

Let me start over and ask a few questions.

Why did the former coach at OR leave?

Was it because he just could not get over that hump?

The people of OR will never be satisfied with a 12-2 record. Most teams would love to have that record.

You are right it is a lose lose situation for OR, but it is a great test for skilled players to gain great experience. I do think that the OR line will wear out Fulton's line on both sides of the ball.

I think the win goes to OR.

I don't mean to come across as thinking way to much of myself as you say, but to he has been watching Oak Ridge Football for 25-30 years and apparently has not gotten out to watch any other teams. It is about time he does. And no all my information does not come from newsprint or others it does come from watching many hours of videos, research, and yes some newsprint. I am a big fan of Stanton, but some of the folks must get out and see that there is another part of the world besides the area they live in. There is other teams that are great teams with less of a storied past that are pretty dang good right now. I do hope that OR has a great year and gets that state championship that the last coach could not get and was replaced because of it.

Good luck to Oak Ridge and Fulton

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lussier was not ran out of town, he left on his own terms for personal reasons, were there Oak Ridge supporters who did'nt fully support him, yes, but I don't know of a coach at Oak Ridge who has had TOTAL support of all of the fans, and parents. Those same non-supporters of Lussier are waiting to pounce once again, given the chance.

I think Oak Ridge has the upperhand because the game is early in the season and Fulton is going to have to have a little time to get these guys ready. I still think it will be a close game, but I'll take the Wildcats in a 5-8 point game.

I really hate to say it but I think Oak Ridge may be a lttle bit more prepared coming out of the gate than Fulton so I agree with you Soloman ... Fultons youth will prevent them from coming out strong ..they will be playing tons of young guys this year but those young guys could get grown up quick by playing some of the tougher teams .. thats why when the scrimmage with Bearden was rained out and not rescheduled hurt Fulton cause Bearden would have probably busted that nose for Falcons and made them grow up some ... instead Falcons srimmaged a down Powell team twice, Seymour and went to NC to scrimmage a Pisgah team that had lost alot too ... anyway the size and strength of OR early will be hard to overcome .... but hey if Falcons get some breaks who knows .... thats why they play the games .... Falcons have to be able to block and tackle some .... GO FALCONS !!!

Leonard,

I am that idiot to which you refer. I don't mind that label because by the same right you can write on this board behind a screen name and call me that, I can present my opinions in print with my name and face by them. That's America.

That article had more to do with Oak Ridge moving Clinton from the first game than the opponent in this case Fulton. The fact that Fulton isn't a rival and Clinton is was my motivation. I wrote that story to be read all at once but because I ramble on and on, Tank split it up into three parts. Fulton is a great program and has had great success in recent years and I said this many times during this story. When I produced the Dewey Warren show, we had Buck Coatney on as a guest many times as well as countless other high school coaches. I really don't think I have to defend my knowledge of Tennessee high school football to anybody but I also don't claim to be someone who knows it all. I like you just enjoy the game.

I will say it again though, if Oak Ridge wins this game then people will say, they should because they are a much bigger school. If they lose the game then in some people's minds that don't know much about Fulton's success it really reflects poorly on the Oak Ridge program. It can be argued that it might show that there is little difference between the classifications which in some cases is the truth. I believe Fulton can play with anybody but I would rather play a team from another region of the state and frankly a 5A school. That was my opinion and not a slap at Fulton. I would say the response I have had is 95% leaning towards my view. You are in the 5% and that's fine. I'm just happy you read it. I really can't wait to broadcast the game on Friday because it has been 23 years since I last called a game from there. I hope to see you there. David Clary

When I get a column from David, there is always a problem. One, I can't edit any of it because it is full of great information and it's very entertaining. Two, I can't run it as one column, because when the voice gets typing ... he can't stop.

I hate I have to break it into a series, but that's the only choice I have.

For the record, I got MANY calls and e-mails regarding this particular series. There was just one that was concerned that it may be used as bulletin-board material for the Falcons. Of course, I don't know of any team that has used old newspaper columns to win football games. All of the other calls, e-mails and conversations agreed with David 100 percent.

I agree. David is an expert on Tennessee football and I am proud he is a Wildcat fan and involved in the program. We are fortunate to have him as The Voice of The Cats.

Ole Dad

When I get a column from David, there is always a problem. One, I can't edit any of it because it is full of great information and it's very entertaining. Two, I can't run it as one column, because when the voice gets typing ... he can't stop.

I hate I have to break it into a series, but that's the only choice I have.

For the record, I got MANY calls and e-mails regarding this particular series. There was just one that was concerned that it may be used as bulletin-board material for the Falcons. Of course, I don't know of any team that has used old newspaper columns to win football games. All of the other calls, e-mails and conversations agreed with David 100 percent.

Ok Leornard fess Up! Is this Ken Green or Tom Bailey?

Ole Dad

catback,

I know of all this History concerning Oak Ridge Football. It is a great History, and will continue to be a good one.

Let me start over and ask a few questions.

Why did the former coach at OR leave?

Was it because he just could not get over that hump?

The people of OR will never be satisfied with a 12-2 record. Most teams would love to have that record.

You are right it is a lose lose situation for OR, but it is a great test for skilled players to gain great experience. I do think that the OR line will wear out Fulton's line on both sides of the ball.

I think the win goes to OR.

I don't mean to come across as thinking way to much of myself as you say, but to he has been watching Oak Ridge Football for 25-30 years and apparently has not gotten out to watch any other teams. It is about time he does. And no all my information does not come from newsprint or others it does come from watching many hours of videos, research, and yes some newsprint. I am a big fan of Stanton, but some of the folks must get out and see that there is another part of the world besides the area they live in. There is other teams that are great teams with less of a storied past that are pretty dang good right now. I do hope that OR has a great year and gets that state championship that the last coach could not get and was replaced because of it.

Good luck to Oak Ridge and Fulton

Way to go Leonard!!! Attacking David Clarey was the best way to bring the Oak Ridge fans together. You can disagree with him but name calling just makes you look, well, I won't name call.

I agree with Ole Dad that there are certainly some grave concerns heading into the Fultonl game. HOWEVER, I do believe the Cats will overcome some difficulties and contend for a state title.

Oak Ridge fans can agree or disagree with each other but we are still all Oak Ridge fans.

~~Roll Wildcat Roll! Beat Fulton!