Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

ORCat14, have you ever heard of "tongue in cheek"? Tank doesn't think OR is down forever, that's ridiculous. He may not think we'll win each and every week, but he's a huge supporter and fan as well. It's just the style of writing he chose in this article to poke fun at the fans that have a gloom and doom attitude, and there are lots of them out there.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, and again sorry that it hit home.

As a writer, you actually want to invoke emotions in a way that doesn't reflect bad upon yourself or the organization you write for. Trust me, after doing this for nearly 20 years now, I have never and would never bash young men or women who represent their schools.

While I enjoy stirring things up from time to time I also want to make it perfectly clear that I want nothing but success for the Oak Ridge program this season. I did NOT enjoy being off from the playoffs last year.

Tadvols, if you want to start checking facts: according to Buck Coatney in the Prep Xtra magazine, Cobb ran for 400-500 yards in a back up role last season.

Well I was getting my info from KnoxNews .. it may be wrong !! I went to every Fulton game and believe me Cobb did not rush for 500 yards last saeson ... I was correct though that Tank said that Cobb was a LB and hes not he is a DE ..so there now we are even ... Tank missed one and I missed one (If I did) ... anyway I just hate to see stuff written when its not accurate ...

Still think this one goes either way. Coatney and Stevens are a rivalry unto themselves. I do agree that Fulton's OL lacks experience. They do have some nice size though in Gamble @ 6-2, 240, Blasco @ 6-1, 280, and the youngster Johnson @ 6-7, 260. While big, they do move well, and I have been impressed with the early, and quick improvement of Johnson. He has the makings of being a very good OL. Certainly OR with guys like Stewart, Capshaw, Gregory, etc, will be able to match-up size wize. Both teams have speed @ LB/FB/ spots. Kids like Stokes, and Hamilton, and Cobb can play fast, hit hard, know how to get off blockers. OR has that too in Kirkpatrick, Vaughn, and Summers. I know OR has plenty of skill guys with Gibson, Rogers, Irby, etc., but I really like how Stinson is comming along. Humphrey, Tyson, and Smith are all dangerous.

I feel that this one could be won, or lost via special teams play or breakdown. Fulton seems to always do a nice job early in the season with punt returns. If I'm OR, I watching that very closely. On the other side, it could be an extra point issue that Fulton fails to convert on. This should be a close one, and I will roll the dice with all due respect to all concerned and, pick Fulton at home with an upset.

ruse?

But what if someone from Fulton's staff told me he would be playing linebacker this year ... or what if I had one of those mysterious sources that told me he was a linebacker now ... or ... OK fine, I made a mistake. That's the first one ever!

Im sorry Tank ..I never thought that one of the coaches would throw off like that and tell you Cobb played LB ... your sources may not be totally honest with you ... cant blame you for what you were told !! I apologize !!

But what if someone from Fulton's staff told me he would be playing linebacker this year ... or what if I had one of those mysterious sources that told me he was a linebacker now ... or ... OK fine, I made a mistake. That's the first one ever!

Oh yea I forgot to tell you Vic Smith is playing MLB and Bubba Stokes is playing Free Safety ...

I have to say I'm not sure how we at Oak Ridge went from somewhat of a swagger this spring to the place of doubt we seem to be at now. As far as last years team, there were some very important extenuating circumstances that didn't help the team during the season. We were trying some new things(wristbands) and the new offense. Then when things were just starting to click together, we lost our QB. From my perspective, the team did as well as they could with the circumstances they were dealt. As for this season, let's not forget what a talented team we have and stop doubting ourselves and we'll do fine.. As far as Fulton, any time you play a worthy opponent you will be better for it. Good Luck!!!