Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

Willie,

I think the Cats have the talent to play 15 games this year also. I don't like being set up with all of the excuses that appear to be lining up for failure. As a Wildcat, I expect to win every game despite whatever adversity may exist.

Roll Wildcats, Roll!

Ole Dad

Way to go Leonard!!! Attacking David Clarey was the best way to bring the Oak Ridge fans together. You can disagree with him but name calling just makes you look, well, I won't name call.

I agree with Ole Dad that there are certainly some grave concerns heading into the Fultonl game. HOWEVER, I do believe the Cats will overcome some difficulties and contend for a state title.

Oak Ridge fans can agree or disagree with each other but we are still all Oak Ridge fans.

~~Roll Wildcat Roll! Beat Fulton!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get a column from David, there is always a problem. One, I can't edit any of it because it is full of great information and it's very entertaining. Two, I can't run it as one column, because when the voice gets typing ... he can't stop.

I hate I have to break it into a series, but that's the only choice I have.

For the record, I got MANY calls and e-mails regarding this particular series. There was just one that was concerned that it may be used as bulletin-board material for the Falcons. Of course, I don't know of any team that has used old newspaper columns to win football games. All of the other calls, e-mails and conversations agreed with David 100 percent.

Tank ... you probably need to get your facts straight in your last article today ... first of all Cobb was the Defensive MVP in Blue Cross Bowl .. he ran for probably a total of maybe 230 yards for the season behind Rogan .. and most of all he has never played Linebacker ... he is a DE ... so get some facts straight ..also I noticed how you threw in OR having 3 or 4 players that are questionable .. well Falcons have a key player out and one questionable. Now if you want to discuss who should win ..I would have to say OR probabaly based on the OL for OR will be stronger and more experienced than Falcons .. they lost top 6 to Grad and the seventh is injured ... so OR should dominate the trenches and thats where games are won ... hope all the players from both teams are safe from injury and that they enjoy such a great time in their lives. GO FALCONS .. maybe we can find some way to make it close !!!

Leonard,

I am that idiot to which you refer. I don't mind that label because by the same right you can write on this board behind a screen name and call me that, I can present my opinions in print with my name and face by them. That's America.

That article had more to do with Oak Ridge moving Clinton from the first game than the opponent in this case Fulton. The fact that Fulton isn't a rival and Clinton is was my motivation. I wrote that story to be read all at once but because I ramble on and on, Tank split it up into three parts. Fulton is a great program and has had great success in recent years and I said this many times during this story. When I produced the Dewey Warren show, we had Buck Coatney on as a guest many times as well as countless other high school coaches. I really don't think I have to defend my knowledge of Tennessee high school football to anybody but I also don't claim to be someone who knows it all. I like you just enjoy the game.

I will say it again though, if Oak Ridge wins this game then people will say, they should because they are a much bigger school. If they lose the game then in some people's minds that don't know much about Fulton's success it really reflects poorly on the Oak Ridge program. It can be argued that it might show that there is little difference between the classifications which in some cases is the truth. I believe Fulton can play with anybody but I would rather play a team from another region of the state and frankly a 5A school. That was my opinion and not a slap at Fulton. I would say the response I have had is 95% leaning towards my view. You are in the 5% and that's fine. I'm just happy you read it. I really can't wait to broadcast the game on Friday because it has been 23 years since I last called a game from there. I hope to see you there. David Clary

DCCATVOICE

I will have to say after reading it as one I can see your point, but you have to admit it came in the paper as being arrogant until you put it all together. I also think many, but not majority, of OR fans come across with that mentality. Yes you are right it is a situation where if OR wins it was just a 3A team, and if they lose it was a 3A team. They lose either way. I do respect many of your statements on here, but as you see me as I saw you. It is not always read by what you mean. I gracefully ask for forgiveness on calling you and idiot. I do not think I am the high and mighty, but I do do alot of research on things. I do the same thing you do give my opinion. I will usually argue a point until I am proved wrong or right. Many don't. I do wish you luck and the Wildcats luck this year.

I have many great friends in OR and spent many years there, and will continue to watch and support OR football just as I do many, many others.

Tank ... you probably need to get your facts straight in your last article today ... first of all Cobb was the Defensive MVP in Blue Cross Bowl .. he ran for probably a total of maybe 230 yards for the season behind Rogan .. and most of all he has never played Linebacker ... he is a DE ... so get some facts straight ..also I noticed how you threw in OR having 3 or 4 players that are questionable .. well Falcons have a key player out and one questionable. Now if you want to discuss who should win ..I would have to say OR probabaly based on the OL for OR will be stronger and more experienced than Falcons .. they lost top 6 to Grad and the seventh is injured ... so OR should dominate the trenches and thats where games are won ... hope all the players from both teams are safe from injury and that they enjoy such a great time in their lives. GO FALCONS .. maybe we can find some way to make it close !!!

Thanks for being a jerk..... I'm sure Tank appreciates your kind words and comments...

IMaOwl I don't understand why you are calling Tadvols a jerk.... Did you happen to read the recent article Tank Johnson wrote? I don't uinderstand how the sports writer for the Oak Ridger bashes The football program by saying "The Oak Ridge football program, after a 5-5 record in 2006, has officially passed away.

It was a tragic accident, one that saw the team miss the playoffs, that flatlined Wildcat football forever." I like for one as a former Wildcat am insulted by Tank's words. In his article Tank seemed to ramble on about how terrible this season will be and his story seemed to go no where. He even seemed confused about how he felt about the football team because at the end of the article he said this "Heck, I may wind up picking the Falcons to win, but it won’t be because of jealousy, it will be because I think they are the better team that particular Friday night.

But I, for one, am not so quick to think this program is dead. In fact, I am not planning on bringing flowers to the funeral in Fulton Friday night, just my camera and notepad." Yes as a town we are very prud of our football team and its accomplishment and Yes we were upset that last year was a down season and that the Wildcats didn'y make the playoffs, but you can't cry over spilled milk. You pick up the pieces and move on because its a whole new season and anything could happen. Best of luck to both Fulton and Oak Ridge on Friday.

With a heavy heart, I have some terrible news to pass along to you all.

The Oak Ridge football program, after a 5-5 record in 2006, has officially passed away.

It was a tragic accident, one that saw the team miss the playoffs, that flatlined Wildcat football forever.

Hey, don??™t shoot the messenger, that??™s just what I am hearing.

Heck, I may wind up picking the Falcons to win, but it won??™t be because of jealousy, it will be because I think they are the better team that particular Friday night.

But I, for one, am not so quick to think this program is dead. In fact, I am not planning on bringing flowers to the funeral in Fulton Friday night, just my camera and notepad.

He is talking about all of the chatter around the Oak Ridge area about how the OR tradition is no longer. Which is true reading all of the OR threads last year.

whoa, hold up, we ain't dead yet! Alot of folks around town are obviously very discouraged by last season, but let's don't go overboard, let this season play out. We had some tough luck and key injuries the young Cats couldn't over come. Not making excuses, we weren't very good, but we're not dead yet, geez!

The Tradition of Oak Ridge Football has always been and will always be...That is the reason poeple come to Oak Ridge to play football. Andrew Kirkpatrick a current linebacker transfered from Bearden to play at Oak Ridge. Tony Carson a current lineman transfered from out of state to play at Oak Ridge. Not to mention his father was a stand out linebacker at Oak Ridge which goes back to the tradition factor. Oak Ridge has only had 3 losing seasons ever. And seeing as how previous to last year Oak Ridge went to the semifinals twice and the state title game in '05 it seems the tradition hasn't died. As i said before last year was last year and you can't cry over spilled milk. And as for Tank and what he wrote it was obviously his opinion not just chatter around town. The Oak Ridger is a newspaper not a tabloid.

DCCATVOICE

I will have to say after reading it as one I can see your point, but you have to admit it came in the paper as being arrogant until you put it all together. I also think many, but not majority, of OR fans come across with that mentality. Yes you are right it is a situation where if OR wins it was just a 3A team, and if they lose it was a 3A team. They lose either way. I do respect many of your statements on here, but as you see me as I saw you. It is not always read by what you mean. I gracefully ask for forgiveness on calling you and idiot. I do not think I am the high and mighty, but I do do alot of research on things. I do the same thing you do give my opinion. I will usually argue a point until I am proved wrong or right. Many don't. I do wish you luck and the Wildcats luck this year.

I have many great friends in OR and spent many years there, and will continue to watch and support OR football just as I do many, many others.

You post an apology, yet still find a way to insult Oak Ridgers, "I also think many, but not the majority, of OR fans come across as arrogant" And you don't do the same thing as David by giving your opinions, and insults, because you HIDE BEHIND A SCREEN NAME while you do it, unlike David, who signs his name to his opinions.