Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

Listen, I think any 5A team would have a job on their hands beating the 2a, 3a, or 4a state champion. Especially, because these teams seem to win it year after year. OR scrimmages Alcoa and Maryville every year and we have our hands full. I really feel that Oak Ridge has the talent to be at the top, one wonders if it is a team chemistry thing that is holding them back. Truly, though, they could come out on Friday and just blow everyone away.

Good Luck!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going OR by 10. Fulton will struggle against the OR defense. Size definitely matters when playing a 5A team with nearly the same speed. I don't know about OR's offense though. It seems like 15 years since OR hasn't had a Gullmire(sp?) in their backfield. I think Spencer played for 10 years, at least it felt that way.

I wonder about the officiating as well. The Anderson County Officials Association can always be counted on to keep the other team in check at Blankenship, but will the KCOA return the favor Friday?

Actually Tad, when I was talking about the source ... then I said OK, I made a mistake. Again, it was me being sarcastic. There was no source ... I was saying I simply made a mistake. Like I said before, sorry about that ... it happens. Of course, you can still make a dozen more posts about Cobb actually playing defensive end, because thanks to you I will never make that mistake again.

Yeh I duz !!! I knowem well enuff to know that Cobb has nevur playd Linebacker like the Oak Ridger states ( they said Cobb will be the best LB the OR will face this year) .. but they gotit frum thur Fultun sorce !! Go Falcuns !!!

STARPOWER

You must have never seen Fulton play. They are the fastest team in Knoxville and surrounding areas. You noticed I said team. Oak Ridge will have plenty of size, but speed is what Fulton has. I could care less who wins, but Fulton definatly has them on speed.

Hey Leonard.

Now come on, you care a little. I still say Fulton in a close one. Fulton does have more team speed than OR. OR has plenty, but Fulton, followed by Alcoa, AE, West, are the fastest teams in the area, IMO. Antawn Hammilton, and Cobb off the edge are going to be difficult for anybody, no matter their size. Stokes seems to have gotten a lot thicker, and will fill better than Gildner and Winters did. That young OL will be fine, and the more I watch Cobb the more I think he needs very little space. I forgot how explosive he is at the hole. I really like the Center, and Smith/Tyson, and specificaly Humphrey will give OR DBs a challenge. OR better get on the right angles, or they won't catch those guys. Stinson's arm looks very good, and those WRs need to keep running, and not worry about outrunning the ball. Seam, and posts will be open late. Watch.

ruse?

Actually Tad, when I was talking about the source ... then I said OK, I made a mistake. Again, it was me being sarcastic. There was no source ... I was saying I simply made a mistake. Like I said before, sorry about that ... it happens. Of course, you can still make a dozen more posts about Cobb actually playing defensive end, because thanks to you I will never make that mistake again.

Tank .... I was just havin a little fun before the game ... honestly .. Oak Ridge will be more physical and falcons just a little bit more speed ... I think Oak Ridge should be favored because of the OL/DL 's ..I IMO think Oak Ridge will be better there .. if Falcons cant run the ball or stop the run then they are in trouble .. both teams have great pasts with Falcons being more recent and Oak Ridge having a great past in the last 30 years ... I really dont think OR will ever get back to where they once was but there is no doubt that they will always have talent .. I am hoping Falcons can get some big plays to offset some of the long drives OR may have ... like I said before Falcons lost a awful lot from a great team last year ... i think they will be alot better come weeks 4 or 5 if they dont have anymore major injuries .. they have some guys banged up and questionable for game as does OR I am sure ... Good Luck to both teams and again I say keep these young men safe from injury and let the team that deserves the win get the win ...