Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

It's going to be a great game. The only thing that could ruin this Friday night ... is if Oakridge has a harry-legged lady that plays the bag pipes as the team runs onto the field.

OR will try to intimidate you with smoke,the sound of a train acoming,and a screeching wild cat with flashing railroad lights,look out its OR.Or they might try to out wait you going on the field.(head games)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR will try to intimidate you with smoke,the sound of a train acoming,and a screeching wild cat with flashing railroad lights,look out its OR.Or they might try to out wait you going on the field.(head games)

DUH...The game is at Fulton...where they gonna get the smoke and train and wildcat???

Wow, I just happened upon this thread and found out that this is THE place to be. OR is a school that has its pick of athletes from the Anderson County area, much like Maryville and Blount County. They are a contender(last year was full of injuries and disentions)year in and year out. Fulton has been the team of the 21st Century in 3A. The only weakness that Fulton has ever shown has been to AE(Stevens) and playing games early in the year. A couple of years ago they dropped 3 of their first games before righting the ship; which I think gives Oak Ridge a good shot this week. That being said...I am picking Fulton to win by 12. I think that the trend started by Catholic last week(beating a higher classification team) will be prevelant in the next few years before the re-alignment and both teams move up. I think that Fulton's athletes will come out early with scores and Black's "put everyone on the line and blitz" defense will cause some turnovers.P.S. Leonard, stick to your guns. I always look forward to hearing your opinions on things and contrary to what some on this forum have said, I think that you bring an unbiased opinion and knowledgable picks when you post.

Go to "plan B". Your intimidation plot made me giggle.

I was thinking the same thing because Fulton is a team that has been placed in just about every imaginable situation over the past four years now. A trip to Oak Ridge to play a "larger school" should not play a huge factor as many on here may be predicting.

Fulton: 22

Oak Ridge: 21

The Falcons 2-POINT conversion strategy will play a huge role in the outcome of this one.

I was thinking the same thing because Fulton is a team that has been placed in just about every imaginable situation over the past four years now. A trip to Oak Ridge to play a "larger school" should not play a huge factor as many on here may be predicting.

Fulton: 22

Oak Ridge: 21

The Falcons 2-POINT conversion strategy will play a huge role in the outcome of this one.

BC from God's country. Slumming over this way? We'll find out about Cheatham this week. BTW, do you happen to know how the 2 OL at Lipscomb are? heard they were hobbled for a bit. Hunt, and the other big kid, sorry, can't rmember his name. Thanks.

ruse?

Still think this one goes either way. Coatney and Stevens are a rivalry unto themselves. I do agree that Fulton's OL lacks experience. They do have some nice size though in Gamble @ 6-2, 240, Blasco @ 6-1, 280, and the youngster Johnson @ 6-7, 260. While big, they do move well, and I have been impressed with the early, and quick improvement of Johnson. He has the makings of being a very good OL. Certainly OR with guys like Stewart, Capshaw, Gregory, etc, will be able to match-up size wize. Both teams have speed @ LB/FB/ spots. Kids like Stokes, and Hamilton, and Cobb can play fast, hit hard, know how to get off blockers. OR has that too in Kirkpatrick, Vaughn, and Summers. I know OR has plenty of skill guys with Gibson, Rogers, Irby, etc., but I really like how Stinson is comming along. Humphrey, Tyson, and Smith are all dangerous.

I feel that this one could be won, or lost via special teams play or breakdown. Fulton seems to always do a nice job early in the season with punt returns. If I'm OR, I watching that very closely. On the other side, it could be an extra point issue that Fulton fails to convert on. This should be a close one, and I will roll the dice with all due respect to all concerned and, pick Fulton at home with an upset.

ruse?

me bein a falcon at OL, i can tell u we are pretty good and not completely lame like everyone is sayin. blasco is one of my best friends, johnson a good friend, and gamble a good friend. im tellin u this, we come out and do our best at line, we will win.

BC from God's country. Slumming over this way? We'll find out about Cheatham this week. BTW, do you happen to know how the 2 OL at Lipscomb are? heard they were hobbled for a bit. Hunt, and the other big kid, sorry, can't rmember his name. Thanks.

ruse?

They are fine. Cheatham Co. has a bye week this week and I believe I will be attending the game between David Lipscomb & Greenbrier tomorrow night ruse. Those are two teams that the Falcons have beaten in the Blue Cross Bowl in 2 of the last 3 title games.

Should make for quite a battle ESPECIALLY when you consider that Greenbrier is coming off of a huge win at PJPII last week. When you have those two teams and teams like Pearl Cohn, Giles Co., & White House there's little doubt that those may be the "Top 5" teams in all of 3A across the MIDSTATE AREA at this point early in the season. Station Camp & Sycamore are easily two teams that could also be in that argument right now. The verdict is still out on Marshall Co. as they open their season tomorrow night.

BACK TO THIS ONE!!!!!

Will this game be the one that you attend tomorrow night ruse? Stone Memorial looked great last week in their first game against 5A Cumberland Co. (34-0). Knoxville Catholic is a different monster altogether when you slice up and disect that matchup. This battle between Oak Ridge & Fulton promises to be A CLASSIC!!!! Of course so does that little game featuring Maryville vs Alcoa

They are fine. Cheatham Co. has a bye week this week and I believe I will be attending the game between David Lipscomb & Greenbrier tomorrow night ruse. Those are two teams that the Falcons have beaten in the Blue Cross Bowl in 2 of the last 3 title games.

Should make for quite a battle ESPECIALLY when you consider that Greenbrier is coming off of a huge win at PJPII last week. When you have those two teams and teams like Pearl Cohn, Giles Co., & White House there's little doubt that those may be the "Top 5" teams in all of 3A across the MIDSTATE AREA at this point early in the season. Station Camp & Sycamore are easily two teams that could also be in that argument right now. The verdict is still out on Marshall Co. as they open their season tomorrow night.

BACK TO THIS ONE!!!!!

Will this game be the one that you attend tomorrow night ruse? Stone Memorial looked great last week in their first game against 5A Cumberland Co. (34-0). Knoxville Catholic is a different monster altogether when you slice up and disect that matchup. This battle between Oak Ridge & Fulton promises to be A CLASSIC!!!! Of course so does that little game featuring Maryville vs Alcoa

Hey BC.

Don't know where I'd be without your scheduling prowess. Actually, I'm in Ohio for the Ohio vs. The USA Challenge. Nice and cool this morning. Won't be at Nippert Stadium. Enjoy the DL/Greenbriar game, and do tell how the bigguns play. Know you'll be watching the action in the trench. Travel safe.

ruse?