Forrest

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hind sight you could say she was out coached but the bottom line is the team that makes the least mistakes wins most of the time. We had more errors and lost, not by much but still lost. If we would have won she would have been a genius for over coming all the mistakes. The coach should know the team and what they can do best so all you can hope for is she's done her job the best she could do.

Guest UTM31

Forrest was a good team, but thier fans are a bunch bush leaguers. They had a big group of fans sitting by home plate yelling "swing" at ever Davidson Academy batter. That was the worst sportmanship diplayed by any fans. FOr the most part thier fans cheered with class, but those few group of kids made that whole town look bad.

The two guys from Friendship Christian made our kids look classy. They stood by the fence in the 2nd Friendship-Forrest game and harrassed every Forrest batter. As far as the "swing" thing goes, it's part of the game. It's done in every baseball or softball game by someone, kid or adult.

Lady Rockets, you made us proud this week. You are a great bunch of girls, and it was a pleasure being in Chattanooga with you. You really showed what Forrest School and Chapel Hill is all about. Class, Pride, and Tradition. Congratulations on a great season.

Guest UTM31

Dont get me started on Friendship or Harriman. But the one good thing i will say about FCS. There Athletic Director (Chris Gaines that played at Vanderbilt) went over to his group that was harrassin the Davidson batters while the pitchers were on the way to the plate and told them to stop and they did stop. As far as "the swing thing" in all my years of playing and watching baseball(18 years)I have never heard that yelled while a pitch was on the way by any fans. Thats just an unwritten rule in baseball not to yell that at the batter that is called sportsmanship. I am not saying the whole fans of Forrest were rude and oboxious, just those group of 10-12 people. I think it made the whole town look bad.

Guest bluelover

The fans that were yelling were the students from Chapel Hill. They were cheering for their team and I do understand that you can go over board with yelling but they were just supporting the girls. And almost every baseball game that I have been to "swing" has came up. Congrats Lady Rockets! You guys did an awesome job and we are so proud of you!

i'm just glad those kids cared enough about their team to make that drive. And thanks to their parents who let them. It's not exactly a short trip for kids who haven't been driving but a couple of years, and are used to "country life". Chattanooga traffic can be trying for an experienced driver. Again, we're proud of you Lady Rockets! Second in the state isn't exactly something to be ashamed of! Looking forward to the next few years, too, as the talent runs deep on that team, and it is YOUNG. Thanks for the letting us fans "ride that Rocket" to Chattanooga!

Oh you Davidson Academy people kill me, I guess you are going to say the Forrest fans are the reason the Lady Bears couldn't hit the ball. Did you ever think they just couldn't hit Ann Marie as good as they hit everyone else.You know it's a shame you win and you still complain. I was sitting in that group of fans and they didn't yell "SWING" every time they cheered for their team reguardless if they were painted blue or not. They also stood up and clapped for the coaches and players of Davidson Academy, We are not all stupid rednecks like you think. Personally I beleive we should have been playing Goodpasture since they were, in my opinion, a better team. I'm not saying DA wasn't good they were and they showed it but don't go complaining about things that are irrelevant even after you win. I can't stand people who are ungreatful. As for the Lady Rockets, great job you've made alot of your followers very proud, and I hope to follow you back next season. Oh yeah, let's not get started on Cheatham.LOL