Why No Band?

volball5150

Not a troll. Just putting out a question that was asked by many people at the game on Saturday afternoon. I believe that if you make a committment to be in the band that performs at football games then you should be at those games.

Most employers I know, would understand if you had a school committment that you must attend.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly volball, you are making yourself look bad and giving fans like yourself a bad name. The band is NOT commited to playing on extra Saturday games. That is not saying that we wouldn't want to, we just need notice. You obviously do not know the time we put in to this program and special care the equipment we use needs. We have 150 members, it is not that easy to get in contact with all of them. And You should feel an obligation to be polite about these things because we work hard too. It is sad when the kids on this forum have more courtesy and politeness than the adults do.

Volball 5150-You didn't just ask a question; you insulted many hard working individuals who support the football team whenever possible. You called us names and told us not to show up for any other games either. I'm not sure if you realize this, I know the football team does, but we work very hard too. They appreciate what we do and understand that we can not be dedicated soley to the football team. Many of the players watch us when we perform, not at half-time obviously, and they enjoy our show. I just don't understand why none of the actual players are complaining, but adults and football players from other communities are judging us. The football players understand, so if you don't believe us; ask them. If anyone has a right to complain, it's the players.

• 2 weeks later...

Why can the Tullahoma Band not show up for the conclusion of the game on Saturday afternoon. Some of the kids were running the concession stand. If they can do that they need to have their rears in the stands helping the football team.

Guess it was just to hot for the wimps....Better yet, don't show up for the rest of the games either. You just get in the way of the football game.

SISSIES

Seems like to me that this guy must like the band being at games just as much as the football team, because he was concerned enough to come to coacht band message board to talk about it. I don't know who won the game, but if i had to guess this guy's team lost and he's taking out on the band. Then again, i don't know who won.

• 2 weeks later...

wow what an idiot you just said football is easer then band,,,, my god. If football was so EZ then why are there less people playing football then there are playing in the band. What you just said leads me to think ether you didn't play football or if you did you got no playing time........ now i dont want to keep you from your game of dungeons and dragons so take care

As you said earlier....only 100 people are allowed on a football team. Band is unlimited. So you just answered your own question...idiot.

As you said earlier....only 100 people are allowed on a football team. Band is unlimited. So you just answered your own question...idiot.

In Rutherford there is no limit on the allowed team size for football... it is not cut off @ 100.. sorry to burst your bubble..

btw where was Riverdales' "Award Wining Band" last night.. could they not make the drive to Dickson County? oh well .. football team lead the crowd pretty well w/o them..

• 2 weeks later...

Why can the Tullahoma Band not show up for the conclusion of the game on Saturday afternoon. Some of the kids were running the concession stand. If they can do that they need to have their rears in the stands helping the football team.Guess it was just to hot for the wimps....Better yet, don't show up for the rest of the games either. You just get in the way of the football game.SISSIES

how bought you show some support nd than they will be in the stands

Volball 5150-You didn't just ask a question; you insulted many hard working individuals who support the football team whenever possible. You called us names and told us not to show up for any other games either. I'm not sure if you realize this, I know the football team does, but we work very hard too. They appreciate what we do and understand that we can not be dedicated soley to the football team. Many of the players watch us when we perform, not at half-time obviously, and they enjoy our show. I just don't understand why none of the actual players are complaining, but adults and football players from other communities are judging us. The football players understand, so if you don't believe us; ask them. If anyone has a right to complain, it's the players.

thanks for standing up to this guy soo r u like a director or something

wow what an idiot you just said football is easer then band,,,, my god. If football was so EZ then why are there less people playing football then there are playing in the band. What you just said leads me to think ether you didn't play football or if you did you got no playing time........ now i dont want to keep you from your game of dungeons and dragons so take care

well it takes someone special to run around like a big brute and hit someone... most smart people dont need football to get ne thing accomplished in life that must be the only thing ur good at...and wat ur saying leads me to think that the band is a bunch of smart geeks who dont like to get hurt...well we play tackle football after every home game when we have to be at school the next morning at 6 in the morning for comp. incase you dont no thats where a bunch of bands come thogather and see who is the best at marching and playing.. you think it is soo easy get up off your ###### and do it you stupid brute...