Floobagop

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

watch this and tell me its NOT a sport.

btw. look at the condition those kids are in. toned to the max. its a sport. THE END!

Watch what? jogged a short distance and.................. Be for real how would anyone think that this is a sport. Are they conditioning every day? Basketball, football, baseball, soccer now those are sports. You take one band member against one football, basketball, soccer, baseball player and let them go through what they do for one day and lets see who is the first person down!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I in no way believe band to be any where near a sport level. It is a hobby at best. Although they may train, marching is not a sport. If they do not want to carry a tuba..... pick another instrument. They do have band camp but to lower the standards of a sport to band is ridiculous. Not to dis the band kids they love what they do. power to them but just because you love something that has motion involved it doesn't make it a sport. I would however put majorette under the category of dancing which is a sport.

I in no way believe band to be any where near a sport level. It is a hobby at best. Although they may train, marching is not a sport. If they do not want to carry a tuba..... pick another instrument. They do have band camp but to lower the standards of a sport to band is ridiculous. Not to dis the band kids they love what they do. power to them but just because you love something that has motion involved it doesn't make it a sport. I would however put majorette under the category of dancing which is a sport.

Yeah, you feel this way about band, but if you play the sport of soccer like your name hints at, THAT has got to be the most boring kickball game I have ever watched. Now lets talk about running around kicking a little soccer ball. I would say that band members have just as much action or more than what that does!!!

And also don't forget another crucial fact, that lineman has it out for your life. If he can take you out of the game, he will. Physical contact, injury, agression. There is little of any of this in band. Yeah, our band has somebody with a sprained ankle, but she stepped in a hole and now can't suckitup enough to stand there and play a drum. LORD!! I guess if you want technicality, you could put it in the armchair sports category with golf and bowling, but those aren't really sports anyway.....they're GAMES.

Yeah, you feel this way about band, but if you play the sport of soccer like your name hints at, THAT has got to be the most boring kickball game I have ever watched. Now lets talk about running around kicking a little soccer ball. I would say that band members have just as much action or more than what that does!!!

how can you say a 10 minute show is on the same level a sport with 100% action for 40 minutes at a time. You can have your opinion that "soccer is boring", sometimes it is. But you put 2 good aggressive teams on the field and i guarantee you it is much more interesting than watching someone blow a flute. This isn't a boring sports forum it is questioning if band is a sport and i gave my input.Saying that band is a sport is ludicrous I am sorry I don't feel I am the only one to believe this. It is a club/hobby.