Band a sport? Of course.

Floobagop

I was in the Pride of the Southland band last year (UTK's band for those who dont know), the best band in the country. While i DONT consider band a sport, I challenge anyone to go out and try to do Circle Drill, especially prepare for it. Up there the band is biiger than most sports at that school. Takes a lot of dedication. The ones who dis it are just posting out of ignorance

Not surprised the band is bigger then most of the other sports. football only needs 11 people, baseball only needs 9, 5 for bball, and 10 for soccer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that all you can attack, a couple of mis-spelled words? Hit in the head one to many times I guess.

A COUPLE OF MISSPELLED WORDS!!!! Whoever I was talking to deleted their post before you read it obviously. I should have quoted it but i didn't particularly want that mess gumming up my post window. It made no sense and was in blue all caps. It looked like something a 6 year old would write. Oh, and you might well be right about the head thing, but you think I'm bad, you oughtta see the shape the guys I hit heads with are in. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

You take one band member against one football, basketball, soccer, baseball player and let them go through what they do for one day and lets see who is the first person down!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Alot of our band members play softball, baseball, basketball and football as well as play in the band. We have a football player in our band that goes to football practice, comes to band practice and goes back to football practice. The same goes for the other members that play a sport. I think they are in pretty good shape to do all of that. We are very proud of them for all they do.

I was in the Pride of the Southland band last year (UTK's band for those who dont know), the best band in the country. While i DONT consider band a sport, I challenge anyone to go out and try to do Circle Drill, especially prepare for it. Up there the band is biiger than most sports at that school. Takes a lot of dedication. The ones who dis it are just posting out of ignorance

I doubt very seriously that the Band at UT is bigger than most sports at THAT school. Bigger than what, Football, basketball (m or W), baseball, softball, track - what sport are we talking about.

Also, if band is a sport, then I guess band members are Athletes?????

I doubt very seriously that the Band at UT is bigger than most sports at THAT school. Bigger than what, Football, basketball (m or W), baseball, softball, track - what sport are we talking about.

Theres no point. I have been fighting that same point for awhile now, your not going to change there minds.

I think they meant bigger in size. 65 on the football team, 10-12 on b-ball, 20 or so on baseball and softball. 150 or so in the band.

I have never heard a golf player talking so much crap /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> if you want to play a mentally an physically demanding sport wrestle or play football.

In his defense, golf CAN be physically demending. I know my senior year during the district tourny, me and a team mate practiced the 3 days before it, so we walked 18 hole on a mountainous course carrying our clubs 4 days in a row. And during those 4 days, the lowest High temperature was 93 degrees, and the heat index was over 100 on two of those days... If I had to bet, I bet a good number of people on these boreds couldnt do that without having a heat stroke...

And before you say I dont know what physicly demanding is, I played football as well and had many two-a-days with the heat index well over 100. So I DO have a clue what I'm talking about

P.S. Yes being in a good band does require lots of hard work and dedication. And I respect that. But band is not, I repeat, IS NOT a sport.

In his defense, golf CAN be physically demending. I know my senior year during the district tourny, me and a team mate practiced the 3 days before it, so we walked 18 hole on a mountainous course carrying our clubs 4 days in a row. And during those 4 days, the lowest High temperature was 93 degrees, and the heat index was over 100 on two of those days... If I had to bet, I bet a good number of people on these boreds couldnt do that without having a heat stroke...

And before you say I dont know what physicly demanding is, I played football as well and had many two-a-days with the heat index well over 100. So I DO have a clue what I'm talking about

P.S. Yes being in a good band does require lots of hard work and dedication. And I respect that. But band is not, I repeat, IS NOT a sport.

I know how physically demanding golf is i have played many times. I have played football an wrestled to an i would say out of all those sports wrestling is the most physically demanding.

p.s. i was not in the band an Im on your side, i think the band is entertainment not a sport

• 3 weeks later...

maybe i need to brush up on band history...but would marching band even be around if it wasnt for football? and if so do you think it would be near as big?

btw- at the SEC champ game, TN's band did a sweet thing at halftime, i believe its known as the circle drill or somethin like that, but it was cool

the high school i went to the band made 90% of there money at the football games by running the concession stands. So if it was not for football games they would be broke fools

Watch what? jogged a short distance and.................. Be for real how would anyone think that this is a sport. Are they conditioning every day? Basketball, football, baseball, soccer now those are sports. You take one band member against one football, basketball, soccer, baseball player and let them go through what they do for one day and lets see who is the first person down!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Band is a sport we do everything the sports teams do we condition and most of the time we do more than the sports teams they not in pratice till 10 or 10:30 at nite

Band is a sport we do everything the sports teams do we condition and most of the time we do more than the sports teams they not in pratice till 10 or 10:30 at nite

You dont play in games against other teams. What makes band a sport an dont say cuz yall practice or yall condition because practice an conditioning does not make it a sport