Is the marching band a sport?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Is the marching band a sport?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• From my understanding, Jay Graham pretty much took over HC responsibilities in that game, so you can thank him. Cute Andy didn’t need help, though. Cute Andy could’ve beaten us without any assistant coaches.
    • Tax payer dollars are paid for certified teachers to "teach" and then coach. The primary job is to teach.  There are some district that ay awesome supplements and others that don't. Dyersburg and Dyer County are pretty close if I remember correctly. I would imagine that Football and basketball are above $10,000 now.  I've heard that Milan is $20,000 for boys basketball. I would imagine that football is more than that in Milan.  Collierville has camps that coaches get paid extra for. 3 camps a year, 100 kids a camp, $30,000 right there.  There are places like Memphis-Shelby County schools where the supplements are garbage even for the head coaches. I made less than $3,000 as the head assistant at Germantown in 2015 when we were 26-4 and one of the best teams in the Southeast. As a head middle school coach next year I will make between $4-5,000 at a municipal in Shelby County.  Coaches should be compensated for the jobs that are required but lets keep in mind that they are educators first.  It's pretty frustrating to other teachers that work their tale off teaching 6-7 classes a day to watch someone roam campus, not teach (or have very minimal responsibilities), and get paid the same (more with supplements) as a person who has the some years of experience or sometimes less. 
    • This will get coaches leaving the profession very quickly if this kid wins this case. This is absurd... 
    • yeah money aint right there anymore