Smyrna @ Brentwood

In my eyes the game was a 7-0 ball game. Brentwood had a punt blocked on their side of the field which lead to one touchdown. Then later in the game they fumbled the ball on their side of the field which lead to another touchdown. If you look at the stats of the game it was a very evenly matched ball game. If you take out those 2 key turnovers the ball game is definately 7-0.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my eyes the game was a 7-0 ball game. Brentwood had a punt blocked on their side of the field which lead to one touchdown. Then later in the game they fumbled the ball on their side of the field which lead to another touchdown. If you look at the stats of the game it was a very evenly matched ball game. If you take out those 2 key turnovers the ball game is definately 7-0.

thats apart of the game though so that means they had better special teams and a stout defense right that doesnt show in stats

smyrna got up 21 to 0

brentwood was not going to score if we played the rest of the night

wilkes out most of the second half (cramps)

brentwood took most of the 3rd qtr over 7 or 8 minutes to go about 40 yards (never seen such a short drive take as long)

and quite frankly with all the above smyrna ran about 2 formations and 4 or 5 plays the rest of the night

pretty much "were ahead lets get this over not show much and ger ready for a tough region game next week"

i will give brentwood credit again their defensive front flys to the ball and you dont see many folks run down sonny when he scrambles

however brentwoods offense just looked awful. It is so weird seeing a team that for years could throw it like crazy and put up some points struggle so bad. Of course with a new qb in the 1st game against a fast team it is tough

ok well if your going to say that then add in the 2 TD's that were dropped... blocked punts and turnovers are part of the game of football... Coach Shad has practiced the punt block non stop... good Job Smyrna good luck next week!

You need to check your eyes. Smyrna controlled the game. Brentwood's defense played well. Stop making excuses and whining. That's not our style. PLEASE no more posting. Comments like yours are embarrassing.

smyrna got up 21 to 0

brentwood was not going to score if we played the rest of the night

wilkes out most of the second half (cramps)

brentwood took most of the 3rd qtr over 7 or 8 minutes to go about 40 yards (never seen such a short drive take as long)

and quite frankly with all the above smyrna ran about 2 formations and 4 or 5 plays the rest of the night

pretty much "were ahead lets get this over not show much and ger ready for a tough region game next week"

i will give brentwood credit again their defensive front flys to the ball and you dont see many folks run down sonny when he scrambles

however brentwoods offense just looked awful. It is so weird seeing a team that for years could throw it like crazy and put up some points struggle so bad. Of course with a new qb in the 1st game against a fast team it is tough

sounds like Smyrna played a good game but please lets don't get cocky your statement "Brentwood was not to score if they played all night" please come on. Brentwood is a solid well coached team they will work the bugs out and make the necesary adjustments and be a good team and a real contender for the region.

sounds like Smyrna played a good game but please lets don't get cocky your statement "Brentwood was not to score if they played all night" please come on. Brentwood is a solid well coached team they will work the bugs out and make the necesary adjustments and be a good team and a real contender for the region.

"sounds like" - i presume you weren't there

i was

what i saw from brentwood was a very well coached hard nosed team that played good defense but

in my opinion i stand by my statement about their offense

it may get better later as they " work the bugs out" and their qbs get experience but last night they never got close to scoring

"sounds like" - i presume you weren't there

i was

what i saw from brentwood was a very well coached hard nosed team that played good defense but

in my opinion i stand by my statement about their offense

it may get better later as they " work the bugs out" and their qbs get experience but last night they never got close to scoring

I watched some it on tv last night Brentwood's d looked pretty solid as usual. I know they have QB issues and a new offensive coordinater as well.

ok well if your going to say that then add in the 2 TD's that were dropped... blocked punts and turnovers are part of the game of football... Coach Shad has practiced the punt block non stop... good Job Smyrna good luck next week!

Speaking of blocked punts, both of the blocked punts this year for Smyrna have been by the same player. Sophomore LB/S #13 Andrew Jenkins has been incredible on special teams and has made some great tackles. He is steadily rising in the eyes of Smyrna fans and is letting Shad know that he belongs out there every friday night.