Best upcoming freshman?

fusion

Jessica Mooney is the best upcoming player in the state right now. I believe is she were a boy she'd still be a real good player.

As a seventh grader she led her team to the Metro Nashville City Championship.

Her eight grade year she dominated, She won the championship with her team her eigth grade year.

Next year she will be at Hillsboro.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The young ladies I spoke of in my first post are going to stay together as Tennessee Stars next year. This group is very talented and they have great coaches working with them in AAU. Their HS coaches will be happy to have these young ladies. Four of the five are players from the Tn Radiers club that seperated. Molly McFadden came this year and was a welcomed addition. Jazmine,Katie,Shauna,and Aylissa have played together for three years and with a few more additions this will be a team to watch in the next few years as Tennessee Stars.

I think the freshmen coming from Mt. Juliet will be the young ladies to watch and follow. As past 2years Middle School State Champs, they bring a lot to the court. They have had excellent coaching and are a high school coach's dream come true. I have no doubt that these girls will be a huge asset to MJ Bears.

• 2 months later...
Guest phislammajamma

Are you talking about the same Tennessee Stars team that barely got into the 20s againist the Tennessee Tigers in the state in pool play. With what I saw last year I don't see you within 20 points of Memphis, Shelbyville, and The Tigers. With what I know the Tigers have coming back and I am sure that Shelbyville and Memphis are going to get whoever they want, The Stars may not even make the nationals. Word on the street is that there will probably only be three teams that go to Clarksville. Better go ahead and start trying to get the Host Bid casue it looks like that is the only way you could get there.

I hope you are talking about the Black Hawks (National Champions) the Stars beat the Show Boats, Shelbyville? didn't make it out of pool play at the nationals. Tigers are or were a good team but I think the second game with the Stars was closer, and they finished no better than the Stars at the Nationals.

Tn could send as many as 5 teams to Clarksville depending on the number of teams registered, don't go by word on the street read the by laws.

The starters on any of the top 5 or 6 teams in TN AAU will be fun to watch, there is a tremendous amount of talent in this group of players, the freshman class state wide is pretty strong, the next four years will be fun to watch.

[Edited by bballfan on 11-4-02 8:14A]

Guest phislammajamma

The reason that we didn't beat as bad as we did the first time last year is cause of us being tired after playing Shelbyville. Yes I am talking about the Blackhawks. Shelbyville got put in a tough pool and the only good teams that the Stars played in the nationals was the three that run them out of the gym. To be honest you should not even have won your substate from what I hear. Heard that some bad calls down the stretch was the only reason that you beat the Lady Stingers. I said it before The Tigers, Blackhawks, and Shelbyville will be the top three in the state agian next year and 15 year old year and 16 year old year. Just continue to play for fourth.

Shoot, I would say fourth at best. The Stingers won their substate then got cheated out of it. This is probably the weakest TN Stars team that I have ever seen that actually went to the Nationals. As long as Memphis, Shelbyville, and the Tigers have teams, Carson and crew will be on the outside looking in, just the facts...