Can Lenoir City beat Loudon?

pantherfan1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading into this weeks game against rival Loudon in the annual Battle of the Bridge, will LC have anything for Loudon?? Defensive line needs a complete over haul due to getting destryed by Karns. Who needs to step up big for LC for them to ave a chance??? Thoughts??

Cant believe there are so few replies...oh well. If LC can throw the ball down field effieciently they will have a chance of beating loudon. Loudon's corners are decent speed wise but not very tall. I'll go with my heart and head and say loudon by 14...wait...13. We'll miss one of our extra points!

Heading into this weeks game against rival Loudon in the annual Battle of the Bridge, will LC have anything for Loudon?? Defensive line needs a complete over haul due to getting destryed by Karns. Who needs to step up big for LC for them to ave a chance??? Thoughts??

I was at the MCentral-Loudon game and I can tell you right now, Loudon is a good team. MCentral did a lot of things to hurt themselves, but Loudon looked big and fast. They may be for real?

Cant believe there are so few replies...oh well. If LC can throw the ball down field effieciently they will have a chance of beating loudon. Loudon's corners are decent speed wise but not very tall. I'll go with my heart and head and say loudon by 14...wait...13. We'll miss one of our extra points!

I agree, I thought there would be alot of talk around this game. LC is going to struggle all year, can't explain to coaches that every now and then you have to rotate to keep people fresh. Maybe with the new coacing staff we have next year we can do better. I agree, Loudon will win by at least 13.

I agree, I thought there would be alot of talk around this game. LC is going to struggle all year, can't explain to coaches that every now and then you have to rotate to keep people fresh. Maybe with the new coacing staff we have next year we can do better. I agree, Loudon will win by at least 13.

Maybe it will pick up before Fri night. Good luck to both teams and maybe Coach White will get the Panther Wagon turned around

I agree that i think Loudon will probably win this one by a couple touchdowns, but i have a hard time reading some of these posts. It is very difficult when you are playing all these upper level school with mediocre 2a talent. Anyone that keeps there eyes on football and gets to watch the Loudon's, Maryville's, and Alcoa's play will realize that LC just doesnt have that type of talent. That isnt coaching thats the lack of talent. Coach White is a good Coach and has a few guys that could measure up to the competition, but in no way can the whole team. It is very easy to criticize from up above with what you would have done different in certain situations, but good night, its obvious. I think when the kids quit hearing constantly that their coaches are inadequate and cannot win, the kids may respond. But this is an ongoing arguement. Good luck to both teams and i hope that the panthers and skins both have great years. Oh and by the way, the excitement will pick up, its the battle of the bridge.

The last couple years I have been on the side lines of both Loudon and Lenoir City football game. One thing that I have noticed is that most of the players not in the game for the Panthers are worried more about what's going on off the field and in the stands than watching what's going on on the field and trying to learn something from it. These are mainly the ones that know they will not get in the game, but still they could be helping their self if they paid attention. When the coaches see this they get on them about it, but the coaches should not have to baby sit theses guys. A number of times on third and long the coaches would be yelling "punt team ready" and on fourth down somebody would not be on the field and have to run out late to their position. On the Karns side line the only player close to the bench was one being treated for leg cramps by the trainer. The rest were where they were suppose to be, watching the action on the field. If you watch the Redskin side line they pay attention to the game also. As far as Coach White, I think the man knows the game of football but just don't have the tallent. One example of players not listening to the coach was in the jamboree against Polk County. On a third and goal play, Coach White called a player by his name and told him the tight end was his man and to watch him coming across the middle. As soon as the ball was snapped the player broke to the right and tight end broke to the players left across the middle and was wide open for the touchdown with nobody close to him. I also agree with a previous post that these guys have been told over and over again that they can't win and they are covinced that they can't.The last couple years I have been on the side lines of both Loudon and Lenoir City football game. One thing that I have noticed is that most of the players not in the game for the Panthers are worried more about what's going on off the field and in the stands than watching what's going on on the field and trying to learn something from it. These are mainly the ones that know they will not get in the game, but still they could be helping their self if they paid attention. When the coaches see this they get on them about it, but the coaches should not have to baby sit theses guys. A number of times on third and long the coaches would be yelling "punt team ready" and on fourth down somebody would not be on the field and have to run out late to their position. On the Karns side line the only player close to the bench was one being treated for leg cramps by the trainer. The rest were where they were suppose to be, watching the action on the field. If you watch the Redskin side line they pay attention to the game also. As far as Coach White, I think the man knows the game of football but just don't have the tallent. One example of players not listening to the coach was in the jamboree against Polk County. On a third and goal play, Coach White called a player by his name and told him the tight end was his man and to watch him coming across the middle. As soon as the ball was snapped the player broke to the right and tight end broke to the players left across the middle and was wide open for the touchdown with nobody close to him. I also agree with a previous post that these guys have been told over and over again that they can't win and they are covinced that they can't.

This post was about the game Friday night not whether or not the coaches can coach or not. Anyone ever associated with this game knows you can throw record books out the window when the teams get on the field. The most talented team has lost and the best team has lost. It comes down to who really wants it more.

As for the reason LC is "down" right now - who knows. Players can go above and beyond expectations when the coaches believe in them and the players believe in themselves, regardless of talent. They did make the jump to a very competitive district/region so maybe a little time will help also. LC is the same as every other average high school team (including Loudon). There are 3-4 really good years and then it bottoms out. You can look at loudon's record in every decade since the 60's. There were championships and 1-2 losses seasons combined with winless and 1 win seasons in a 10yr span.

The last couple years I have been on the side lines of both Loudon and Lenoir City football game. One thing that I have noticed is that most of the players not in the game for the Panthers are worried more about what's going on off the field and in the stands than watching what's going on on the field and trying to learn something from it. These are mainly the ones that know they will not get in the game, but still they could be helping their self if they paid attention. When the coaches see this they get on them about it, but the coaches should not have to baby sit theses guys. A number of times on third and long the coaches would be yelling "punt team ready" and on fourth down somebody would not be on the field and have to run out late to their position. On the Karns side line the only player close to the bench was one being treated for leg cramps by the trainer. The rest were where they were suppose to be, watching the action on the field. If you watch the Redskin side line they pay attention to the game also. As far as Coach White, I think the man knows the game of football but just don't have the tallent. One example of players not listening to the coach was in the jamboree against Polk County. On a third and goal play, Coach White called a player by his name and told him the tight end was his man and to watch him coming across the middle. As soon as the ball was snapped the player broke to the right and tight end broke to the players left across the middle and was wide open for the touchdown with nobody close to him. I also agree with a previous post that these guys have been told over and over again that they can't win and they are covinced that they can't.The last couple years I have been on the side lines of both Loudon and Lenoir City football game. One thing that I have noticed is that most of the players not in the game for the Panthers are worried more about what's going on off the field and in the stands than watching what's going on on the field and trying to learn something from it. These are mainly the ones that know they will not get in the game, but still they could be helping their self if they paid attention. When the coaches see this they get on them about it, but the coaches should not have to baby sit theses guys. A number of times on third and long the coaches would be yelling "punt team ready" and on fourth down somebody would not be on the field and have to run out late to their position. On the Karns side line the only player close to the bench was one being treated for leg cramps by the trainer. The rest were where they were suppose to be, watching the action on the field. If you watch the Redskin side line they pay attention to the game also. As far as Coach White, I think the man knows the game of football but just don't have the tallent. One example of players not listening to the coach was in the jamboree against Polk County. On a third and goal play, Coach White called a player by his name and told him the tight end was his man and to watch him coming across the middle. As soon as the ball was snapped the player broke to the right and tight end broke to the players left across the middle and was wide open for the touchdown with nobody close to him. I also agree with a previous post that these guys have been told over and over again that they can't win and they are covinced that they can't.

Yes, you must be on the sidelines!! Because I know some kids who play for LC and when the coaches are saying out loud in front of everyone (parents who stays for practice) that they are losers and will not win a game then what do you think these kids think when there on coaches don't have faith in them. I don`t know what is going on, these boys want to win but when you are put-down everyday at practice you start to believe it!!! you have to respect your coaches, and how can you when boys talk to them any way they want (depending who you are).

well pantherfan1, the message board has been relatively quiet / more static about the coaches at LC than about the game but oh well, that is a battle i will leave on your side of the bridge! good luck to your panthers (after tonight) on the rest of the season and i hope its another great game in one of the best rivalries in east tn