Cloudland vs. West Greene

wasqbnowcoach

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said! I saw a group that tried very hard last friday. they didn't get some breaks and yeah, they made some mistakes but they never quit. you know storm, success isn't always wins and losses. it's 11 young men playing hard and leaving it all on the field. they did, maybe you should try not to be so negative about a young team still learning. saying your peace is one thing but not over and over and over. these kids worked too hard in the offseason to be run down.

Very well said!! It's easy to kick a man when he's down. I'm a LANDER for life, through thick & thin. We may be down, ( by the standards we set over the years) but I ain't jumping on Josh's bandwagon. These boys and this program need our support, not a bunch of negativity. We don't have the coaches or the talent of old but we'll manage. Our time's a coming. The cream always rises to the top, If you churn long enough. That said,

it's just a matter of time, hard work and dedication from EVERYONE involved with this program.

Go Landers

If there is anything I get tired of hearing, its about Cloudland's past winning seasons. Why is it that people insist on living in the past? THere have been a lot of changes with players and coaching staff but we will be back. ALL TEAMS endure the same situation that we are experiencing right now. If not this year or the next. the Landers will rise again. I will say that fan support has fallen, but the guys who are on that field this season do have the heart and the guts. It is not fair for people to pass judgements like Storm did. Storm, go someplace else to pout, Good Lord, we have played one game! It is way too early to start the doom and gloom that seems to be so popular with certain posters.

GO GET EM GUYS!!!!!!!!!! And as Jerry always says, "COME GETCHA SOME"!!

Storm loves Cloudland football almost more than life itsself. It absolutely kills him to see Cloudland down. He says alot of this stuff to try and inspire them. When you go to changing coaches every couple of years ,its impossible to build a solid program. People just need to bach the coaches we have and see what happens. We do have alot of talent coming up. When you have won as much as Cloudland has over the last 20 years, people get spoiled. Its also a tough act to follow.

Storm loves Cloudland football almost more than life itsself. It absolutely kills him to see Cloudland down. He says alot of this stuff to try and inspire them. When you go to changing coaches every couple of years ,its impossible to build a solid program. People just need to bach the coaches we have and see what happens. We do have alot of talent coming up. When you have won as much as Cloudland has over the last 20 years, people get spoiled. Its also a tough act to follow.

yeah man I hear ya. He does love it or has loved it . Sounds like he ready 2 give up on the Landers after 1 game. He may have had some differences with the players in the weight room in the off season , but that doesnt give him the right 2 give up on Cloudland Football. Thats the only way Cloudland football dies is if the community gives up on them. These guys showed a lot of heart last Friday night. This new offense is going 2 take some time , could be good in the future , or could be not so good. We just need 2 get behind them all the way . Them means all of them coaches, asst. coaches, players, everyone envolved. When we were winning so much about 5,6,7 years ago we filled the bleachers and alot of people stood on the fence or sat on the lil hill to the left in fold up chairs. People cant just come when they think were going to win or homecoming , and expect a stand-out ballclub year after year. We dont need to let storm or anyone else bring us down on Lander football. We got a coach in there that is willing 2 work and has alot of time to put in it. Just b patient . WE B BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said! I saw a group that tried very hard last friday. they didn't get some breaks and yeah, they made some mistakes but they never quit. you know storm, success isn't always wins and losses. it's 11 young men playing hard and leaving it all on the field. they did, maybe you should try not to be so negative about a young team still learning. saying your peace is one thing but not over and over and over. these kids worked too hard in the offseason to be run down.

Ah men!!! I couldn't agree more!! There is alot of young talent on the team, remember last year, the Jr. High Football team was awesome not one year but two years in a row, they lost 1 game year before last and 0 games last year. This year may not be the year of the highlander but the future looks bright.

yeah man I hear ya. He does love it or has loved it . Sounds like he ready 2 give up on the Landers after 1 game. He may have had some differences with the players in the weight room in the off season , but that doesnt give him the right 2 give up on Cloudland Football. Thats the only way Cloudland football dies is if the community gives up on them. These guys showed a lot of heart last Friday night. This new offense is going 2 take some time , could be good in the future , or could be not so good. We just need 2 get behind them all the way . Them means all of them coaches, asst. coaches, players, everyone envolved. When we were winning so much about 5,6,7 years ago we filled the bleachers and alot of people stood on the fence or sat on the lil hill to the left in fold up chairs. People cant just come when they think were going to win or homecoming , and expect a stand-out ballclub year after year. We dont need to let storm or anyone else bring us down on Lander football. We got a coach in there that is willing 2 work and has alot of time to put in it. Just b patient . WE B BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've not given up, I'm trying to fire these boys up. I'm not going to pet them. I'd rather have them hate me than to settle for being a losing program. I didn't have no differences with players in the weight room. I left the weight room because I felt some players were doing things half way instead of 100 percent. Alot of you guys (and I know most of you and think the world of you even if you hate me) you don't understand unless you've sit back and payed close attention to every detail of the program for the last 16 years. I know times change, but I also know the attitude of a winner has been the same since the beginning of time. I want these guys to get some killer instinct and stand up for themselves. They could have done a lot better last effortwise last friday. Hopefully, they will have the eye of the tiger tonight.

I'm not ready to give up on the landers just yet.I think robbie is trying very hard to make this thing work.I just hope he realizes that a school as small as cloudland is not going to have the athletes year in and year out to run the spread offense.good qb's are rare as hens teeth at cloudland and everyone knows it,thats why no one is buying into his offense.I don't know how much west green is improved but im going to say cloudland wins by two touchdowns. good luck landers

Here's the thing; it takes a new coach 3 to 4 years to build a solid program. Experience tells me that some people do not understand that athletes at small schools cycle in and out. Cloudland could have something good in a couple of years. Experience also tells me that some are not willing to give a coach time to work. Rome was not built in a day. Neither are athletic programs.

History tells me that Cloudland had 16 winning seasons compared to only 2 losing seasons since the end of 1989. It took Cosby's new coach only one season to build his program solid because his players were hungry and eager to win. You can win every year, athletes or no athletes. Who did we have? Tim Clipse? Its not always about the athletes but the drive. Eye of the tiger, man. I'm preaching it. I've experienced it. Whooo!!

History tells me that Cloudland had 16 winning seasons compared to only 2 losing seasons since the end of 1989. It took Cosby's new coach only one season to build his program solid because his players were hungry and eager to win. You can win every year, athletes or no athletes. Who did we have? Tim Clipse? Its not always about the athletes but the drive. Eye of the tiger, man. I'm preaching it. I've experienced it. Whooo!!

Im glad to see people agreeing with me. An team with average talent can beat a loaded team if they trust the coach and each other. Spread offense or single wing cloudland needs to buy into the program and work hard at it. Thats were it starts. Bust your @$$ you get breaks. You may not win every game but playing with grit and puting trust into the program can get you wins when you shouldnt win. BTW? Where the heck did "THE KING" go? Did he forget to pay his internet bill? lol

91 how did our TDs come in the 4th ? Who scored and did we play better D? The rain hurt us a lil . Just needed a lil 411 if u would. If ur dried out . I seen U , Pujo , and Storm up there talking football. U were smart enough 2 bring rain jacket. Anyway just seeing if u or Pujo could tell me about 3rd and 4th quarters.