Unicoi In The Finals! What did I say?!?!

goosevol

Coach Baxter won 4 Tennessee AA baseball championships with Unicoi County. He took some years off after his son Andy (currently in the Cleveland Indians organization) graduated. Then he began softball when his daughter Katie was a freshman. Katie is a senior this year and will play college ball at Milligan.

If they get one more win, this will be Coach Baxter first softball state championship. I'm not sure if anyone has ever accomplished the double feat before.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Not sure how I would put it as recruiting perhaps kids trying to better their career by going to a head coach and coaching staff with connections all over college football that gets them the opportunity to go play college football and be coached by a coach with a pretty good track record.
    • Lee would have been a good choice, also.  I'm sure Benny was involved with the decision.  
    • Personally I was pulling for Lee Hammonds to get another shot. He’s earned it! 
    • Tyler Williams was the logical choice to be named head football. He served as the Highlanders’ strength coach and offensive coordinator.
    • I went to practice yesterday and liked what I saw for the most part. Derek and crew have done a good job during the off-season. I was very impressed with the size of some of those boys on the offensive line. My only regret was one of the boys I was really pulling for to have a good year was dismissed from the team. I have to applaud the coaches for setting examples for the others, no one is bigger than the team. One other thing, I was hoping with that big rain we got this week some of that  yellow paint would dissolve but it didn't.