McKenzie 42 - Dresden 0

ChanceHudgins

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't quite expect the outcome to be what it was, but a great win nonetheless. Defense was stellar and the offense played very exceptional.

Funny thing is, I worked with a guy at Bethel College over the summer and he knew a player from Dresden, and the kid said they were going to whoop us.

The score would be 42-0 or worst if they played again. McKenzie is one of the best Class A teams in the state and Dresden is absolutely the worst AA team in the state.The score would be 42-0 or worst if they played again. McKenzie is one of the best Class A teams in the state and Dresden is absolutely the worst AA team in the state.

The Mercy Rule came into effect after halftime and had a lot to do with keeping the score down to 42-0. I don't think that I would go as far as saying that Dresden is the worst AA team in the state though. The Lions didn't get any pressure on Carr for the most part and the D secondary was totally lost covering our receivers. Those things will need fixing. Opposition speed will hurt Dresden too. Last, the Lion O line needs to pick it up a notch or two too. But, the tools are there in Dresden if they can get it all on the field. Heck, region 8AA will make some pretty decent teams look bad!!!!!

Good luck the rest of the way to the Lions.

Watch this team throughout the year. Going to the 'Boro

The Mercy Rule came into effect after halftime and had a lot to do with keeping the score down to 42-0. I don't think that I would go as far as saying that Dresden is the worst AA team in the state though. The Lions didn't get any pressure on Carr for the most part and the D secondary was totally lost covering our receivers. Those things will need fixing. Opposition speed will hurt Dresden too. Last, the Lion O line needs to pick it up a notch or two too. But, the tools are there in Dresden if they can get it all on the field. Heck, region 8AA will make some pretty decent teams look bad!!!!!

Good luck the rest of the way to the Lions.

Watch this team throughout the year. Going to the 'Boro

I assume you are talking about the Rebels but, lets wait untill after at least next Friday vs. Bruceton to pack bags for the 'Boro!!!!! Actually, we should wait a bit longer than that. I sure hope you are right but, we'll see.

Weathering the season is one thing but, keeping a sharp edge and being ready to play that many more games in the playoffs is something else again and that is what's killed McKenzie the last two seasons.

Bruceton will be tough to beat, but be beat they will.

I don't think so Butchie.....I don't think Bruceton will keep it too close....Teams in 1A around here that don't see that type of offense except one or maybe two times a year can't prepare for it...They don't have enough quality athletes to give the starters a good look in practice....Bruceton's only shot is to control the ball with 15-18 play drives that eat up chunks of clock....They can't get into a shoot-out with the Rebels,they don't have the weapons....

I was trying to be nice.

Chad Jordan will score some points, Bruceton will have success on defense. But they are not the caliber of offense as the Rebels..Now I was worried about the Receiving corps this season. That worry was answered the first time I watched em play. Bruceton will have to score on every Possesion and keep Rebel offense off the field. Your exactly right. And will have to stop the Rebel offense a couple of times. But thier offense wasn't that strong in the Huntingdon scrimmages. Jordan won't be enough to handle a balanced team like the Rebels. Good Luck to the Tigers and I have been wrong before. If Mckenzie Lays an Egg Bruceton wins. But I don't predict that. lol