Give Lavergne Credit

daylily

Lavergne has beaten Farragut and Munford(who by the way beat Germantown) so why not give them the credit that is due. Lavergne has one of the best coaches in the state and will not be out-coached. The team when playing well will beat any opponent. The other side of the coin is that on any given day any one of the remaining teams could win the tournament. If Lavergne wins the title then their coach (Craig Reavis) will have played on a state championship team and then coached one as well. (Craig played on the Tullahoma 1990 state champion team.)

TheKing, very good post. I could not agree with you more on that. As long as they have that Scott kid on the mound they can not be stopped. They are very fortunate this year to have the power hitters like Camp, Meador, and Sabala. I have read in the paper that Camp has popped a few out of the park in their time of need. I got a chance to watch the LaVergne and Brentwood game this past week and that pitcher they have is AWESOME. They have a really good chance of winning state this year. All they have to do is keep their eyes on the prize and they will go the distance.

I read in the paper that Craig is the only person to both play on and coach baseball state champions. I think his dad won the state at Franklin County before coaching Motlow State for a long stint. Jackie Reavis coached Phil Fulmer in baseball and football at FCHS.