Girls playing in college

BigG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the new starter at Ole Miss a new player to the team, or was she a backup last year?

Vickery is the Keeper who is now starting for Ole Miss. She has been Backup at Ole Miss since her Freshmen Year. She and Ann are in the same grade. She sat out the year before last with an injury. Do not know why she is starting instead of Ann. Ann is an awesome keeper

Vickery is the Keeper who is now starting for Ole Miss. She has been Backup at Ole Miss since her Freshmen Year. She and Ann are in the same grade. She sat out the year before last with an injury. Do not know why she is starting instead of Ann. Ann is an awesome keeper

This is from the Ole Miss site re: last Sunday's game v Colorado College. OM lost 2-1.

"In the 38th minute, a member of the Rebel backline sent a ball back to goalkeeper Ann Shelton, and as Shelton approached the kick the ball took a high bounce off a clump of grass and knocked off the side of her foot and in for an own goal.

Just two minutes later, Ole Miss was whistled for a foul near its own end line on the left side and Sydney Fetter fired a free kick to the near post. As Shelton went to grab the ball, it hit off her hands and into the net to give the Tigers a 2-1 lead entering halftime.

“If you look at the entire game, there’s not an area of the game where we didn’t do extremely well,” head coach Steve Holeman said. “We’re very disappointed in the result. We certainly played well enough to win. The team turned things around from Friday night, and we came out and had an incredible performance. We played hard and we fought hard. I don’t think there’s a question that we didn’t dominate field of play, but the bottom line is that we didn’t get the result.”

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=1247380

Jenna Achten--Centennial (Impact)

Lauren Good--Baylor (Redoubt)

Chelsea Eisnaugle--Franklin (TNFC)

Savannah Neely--Bradley Central (Redoubt)

All playing for the #1 Nationally Ranked Lee University Lady Flames

For those who were lucky enough to see Matt Yelton's Lady Flames 2-0 win vs (former #1 ) Lindsey Wilson (Ky) it was a great game with a great crowd. The Lady Flames claimed their first win against Lindsey Wilson in a very convincing matter who are past National Champions. Congratulations to Matt and all the girls!

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_114131.asp

For those who were lucky enough to see Matt Yelton's Lady Flames 2-0 win vs (former #1 ) Lindsey Wilson (Ky) it was a great game with a great crowd. The Lady Flames claimed their first win against Lindsey Wilson in a very convincing matter who are past National Champions. Congratulations to Matt and all the girls!

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_114131.asp

Anna Hill from Fairview is a freshman at Trevecca and has been seeing lots of playing time