UT 2007 Season in Question

ERA

No...compared UF with SC...as in my original quote that just because he won consistently at Florida doesn't mean he'll win consistenly at SC. No mention of UT in that quote at all...

If you want to try to put words in my mouth at least have a clue of what I said to begin with.

And it's YOUR (possessive) this time not YOU'RE (contraction of You are)...how your brain came up with that out of what I posted, e.g. my statement, is beyond comprehension.

You don't even see the underlying comparison you made...good grief. Your statement put them in the same category "IF YOU READ YOUR OWN POST THOROUGHLY". If you can't see that, it's not worth my time or anyone elses to debate someone not capable of seeing the ripple effects of his own malevolent comments.......... are you sure you are not Stan? we do have posters with two identities on this board.

NEXT!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't even see the underlying comparison you made...good grief. Your statement put them in the same category "IF YOU READ YOUR OWN POST THOROUGHLY". If you can't see that, it's not worth my time or anyone elses to debate someone not capable of seeing the ripple effects of his own malevolent comments.......... are you sure you are not Stan? we do have posters with two identities on this board.

NEXT!

NEXT,You have not won this battle yet,sounds more like tex and dandy everyday

Ah, and the threats of dropping membership have made their way to the college football threads. Looks like it's your turn for the $12 ERA.

As for the matter at hand......

The defense looked better last night. Not good, but better. Chavis went to his style of calling a game and was more aggeressive. The defense showed a little bit of fundamentals in the second half, forced some plays, and Rico McCoy reminds bit a whole lot of Raynock Thompson. It's going to take improvements in all areas for UT to have a shot in the swamp.

I hate to break it to everyone, but UT is not the program they once were. There has been a drop off. You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth. The question then becomes what is acceptable for the program to be at. I'm a donor and a season ticket holder. For the prices of donations, tickets, concessions, all of it, I want a top level product on the field. Consistent 3 and 4 loss seasons are not enough for me. Florida's program is miles ahead of the Vols, Georgia's is still ahead, and SC is dang close to catching us if they haven't already. And that's just in the eastern division. Everything about the program and the stuff surrounding it says they are a top 5 or 10 program right now except the product delivered on the field.

I am not a fan of a coach, player, or anything before I am the university and the team. If a player or coach isn't producing to expectations, then it is obviously time for a change. And yes, I know you all can say, just quit going to the games. And you know what? I've seen 6 bad quarters of defensive and two average ones against an average team. By no means am I ready to crown them back to being fixed. I hope I am wrong, but I'm just as worried about Tebow and company today as I was when I walked into the stadium yesterday. If things go south again, and changes aren't made....then I hope Hamilton enjoys Fulmer's donation because I can already tell you I am not the only person in that stadium who feels this way. We're not going back until something is done.

Ah, and the threats of dropping membership have made their way to the college football threads. Looks like it's your turn for the $12 ERA.

As for the matter at hand......

The defense looked better last night. Not good, but better. Chavis went to his style of calling a game and was more aggeressive. The defense showed a little bit of fundamentals in the second half, forced some plays, and Rico McCoy reminds bit a whole lot of Raynock Thompson. It's going to take improvements in all areas for UT to have a shot in the swamp.

I hate to break it to everyone, but UT is not the program they once were. There has been a drop off. You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth. The question then becomes what is acceptable for the program to be at. I'm a donor and a season ticket holder. For the prices of donations, tickets, concessions, all of it, I want a top level product on the field. Consistent 3 and 4 loss seasons are not enough for me. Florida's program is miles ahead of the Vols, Georgia's is still ahead, and SC is dang close to catching us if they haven't already. And that's just in the eastern division. Everything about the program and the stuff surrounding it says they are a top 5 or 10 program right now except the product delivered on the field.

I am not a fan of a coach, player, or anything before I am the university and the team. If a player or coach isn't producing to expectations, then it is obviously time for a change. And yes, I know you all can say, just quit going to the games. And you know what? I've seen 6 bad quarters of defensive and two average ones against an average team. By no means am I ready to crown them back to being fixed. I hope I am wrong, but I'm just as worried about Tebow and company today as I was when I walked into the stadium yesterday. If things go south again, and changes aren't made....then I hope Hamilton enjoys Fulmer's donation because I can already tell you I am not the only person in that stadium who feels this way. We're not going back until something is done.

I'm strictly an armchair observer and float all over the internet comparing our offense and defense to other SEC programs and that's how I draw my conclusions. You, on the other hand, have much more invested than I. Therefore, your heart is in this team moreso than mine and your points should be much more prophetic given the "insider" type of fan that you are. I imagine if you feel this way, there must be some rumbling going on. As far as the seats, I've heard more about the drunken fan horror story sitting next to people that have great seats more often than not. Not really my type of atmosphere. Really though, I hope Fulmer and Chavis find something to turn it around for real. I think it would be great for him to stay IF he turns things around. What I'm saying is a nice "press conference" of changes that would be forthcoming at the end of the season would be a good start. Donating $1 million to the University under these circumstances and timing smells, even to the non brain surgeon types. It won't be long after the next loss that "Buying his job" will be muttered in the press. A perceived idea that he can ill afford right now. What's worse, The offensive coordinator has already been released two seasons ago. Who else could he blame this on? Cutcliffe is doing all he can do with what he has. For Ainge coming into his senior year without any bigtime receivers is, in my book, detestful and unforgivable. I just can't imagine that happening with such a program.

You know...it's jerks like you that make me less apt to continue posting on this site. This site USED to be fairly civil when it came to posting opinions and making observations. We all could agree to disagree or come to some sort of closure on a topic where there are varying opinions.

In my honest opinion, Fulmer deserves the right to say when he wants to leave whenver that is...not the Haslams, not any booster, not any group of halfwit "fans" but he alone has that right. There are worse things in the world right now, like being Notre Dame with their "savior" of a coach and their new golden boy QB or Michigan and their entire state of disarray.

With the exception of 2 plays, Tennessee is in good shape for this season. All of your the sky is falling mentality is laughable and I would not be shocked to see the Vols go to Florida and get a win...because beating Western KY and Troy doesn't give mean the Gators have what it takes to win the East.

I still want to see more improvement on defense, but I'm not too worried about how the offense will perform.

ERA, you're what's known as a wolf. I know lots of you guys from the previous years after the 1998 NC. To say you guys are on the same level as Kentucky basketball fans who are never satisfied is an understatement. It's part of what goes with the territory of being a college sports fan...you've got passionate fans who live and die by the week for their team and just want to see a good product out there regularly and the wolves who will pick gnat droppings out of pepper just to find something wrong ever week.

I love it when you post Kev. You make a too easy target. In fact, you are so easy that I don't have to comment. The fact that you have stooped to "JERK" says it all. Thanks, you've done my job yourself. I'll give you a lesson or two on debating skills, if you would like. Not sure you would understand them fully but hey, I've trained many with much success. The fact that Muffin is pulling for you is like Al Gore endorsing your candidacy! Dang, I crack myself up!

Well folks, after 1 half of football, it's got to be obvious even to the biggest Fulmer fan -

We are no longer an SEC elite team.

Maybe in 2 hours I eat my words, but I doubt it.

The question is - do we want to be a Texas Tech who can beat the little guys left and right but can't beat the big boys anymore, or......

Do we want to be a top-flight SEC team?

Well folks, after 1 half of football, it's got to be obvious even to the biggest Fulmer fan -

We are no longer an SEC elite team.

Maybe in 2 hours I eat my words, but I doubt it.

The question is - do we want to be a Texas Tech who can beat the little guys left and right but can't beat the big boys anymore, or......

Do we want to be a top-flight SEC team?

Well, at the end of the game, I'm not worried about eating my words.

People, that is the class of the SEC. We just saw how far ahead of the Vols they are. Scarier - I am not sure if they they aren't the second best team in the conference.

I'm not a Fulmer-hater. I'm not his biggest fan, but I am not a hater. But people, what more evidence do you need? From 93-04, he had us at the top of the SEC or near there competing for SEC titles, national titles, all of it. You can't argue. But look at the previous 2+ years. Yes, there was 9 wins last year. But look who they were against. Look at what happened against top-tier teams. O-fer. In every shape, form, or fashion, the UT football programs puts itself forward as championship calliber, but what I have witnessed thusfar is far from it.

Look at the rest of the season. We can't beat UGA in Neyland to save our lives, Saban is quickly putting it togethet in T-town (currently 21-0 lead on Arknansas as a I type), and say what you want, the ol' ball coach has SC rising quickly.

The gap is not shrinking either. Make whatever excuses you want for today, the gap is getting bigger and bigger by the week. Does Tennessee want to be a championship calliber team or not?

Well, at the end of the game, I'm not worried about eating my words.

People, that is the class of the SEC. We just saw how far ahead of the Vols they are. Scarier - I am not sure if they they aren't the second best team in the conference.

I'm not a Fulmer-hater. I'm not his biggest fan, but I am not a hater. But people, what more evidence do you need? From 93-04, he had us at the top of the SEC or near there competing for SEC titles, national titles, all of it. You can't argue. But look at the previous 2+ years. Yes, there was 9 wins last year. But look who they were against. Look at what happened against top-tier teams. O-fer. In every shape, form, or fashion, the UT football programs puts itself forward as championship calliber, but what I have witnessed thusfar is far from it.

Look at the rest of the season. We can't beat UGA in Neyland to save our lives, Saban is quickly putting it togethet in T-town (currently 21-0 lead on Arknansas as a I type), and say what you want, the ol' ball coach has SC rising quickly.

The gap is not shrinking either. Make whatever excuses you want for today, the gap is getting bigger and bigger by the week. Does Tennessee want to be a championship calliber team or not?

Tennessee hasn't been the same since the 2001 SEC championship game when they threw away the title to a sub-par LSU team, then laid down in the Peach Bowl. The game has changed in the past 10 years and Tennessee has not changed with it. I swear we are running the same schemes we were running in 1998 when we won the championship. We are so predictible it is hard to watch anymore. And another thing, how can what was once called Wide Reciever U not have ONE single deep threat? One of the reasons we have no running game is that we are no threat in the passing game. I don't have the time or the ambition to even attempt to begin to type about the defense. I'm not sure at this stage there is a SEC game on the schedule we can win. I vowed Sat, night not to watch another game until somebody gets fired. I don't care if it's the waterboy, somebody should be fired over that game. I take that back, I HAVE to watch because I bleed orange, but boy I sure do dread it.

I have been a UT fan for over 40 years so I have seen down times before. I do not "settle for mediocrity" but I do choose to burn the optimistic candle as much as possible. I am not very optimistic about this season at this point and have doubts about a quick turnaround. I am more in the hope mode now. I hope the Vols can turn this season around to be at least a decent season. I hope to see a SEC championship on the horizon soon. I really don't care who coaches the team as long as the team is reasonably successful. I am not unreasonable enough to expect SECC every year, but I do expect to contend most years and win one occasionally. Losing to Cal and Florida on the road would be a tough pill to swallow under any curcumstances, but getting manhandled and not being able to tackle makes you seriously worry how bad this defense really might be.

Hopefully can beat Ark State, get the bye week, look at the film and work like heck and get better and beat Georgia and go on to a good season. I'm hoping but not holding my breath. If this season totally bombs, I will be there next year hoping this is the year for the turnaround. It's the only thing I can do. I am a UT fan and will continue to be. It's like your kids, no matter how much they screw up and you get mad at them, they're still your's and you love em. After all I have had to wait over 10 years for a UT SECC before. Just hope I live to see another.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

So Stan, where are you now? You were very quick to jump on me because I had predicted this last year and reminded people after the California game. Aren't you going to stick to your principles and blast these other guys on the boards that agree with me? Are you hiding and admitting you were wrong or are you going to stand up and get on these other "Chicken Littles" as you suggest with your post? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

And what about O'L KevB1990? Where is he now Stan? I'm just curios if you two are the same person because he has not stood up either? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Stop drinking the Kool Aid. It's ok to admit when things aren't great in Ktown. There are posts on this thread that are as good as any that I've ever seen in content and truth. Now, what are the tea sippers at the UT mansion going to do about it? That's the real question and I know the answer.... nothing!