ELIZABETHTON FOOTBALL

clonekid

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that anderson kid is a good kid and when he has time has made some good passes. what i notice is the lack of hitting. arm tackling isn't going to get the job done. i guess we saw this tonight. brooks price played a good game both on offense and defense. the rebuilding isn't going to be overnight and this may be a long season.

In my opion one of elizabethton's problems is the fact that seniors win out on positions reguardless of weather or not they are the best player for the position. Elizabethton is very loyal. Wes will have to basically give the position away before it is taken from him. I would take a gamble with the soph. and let them learn this year and be ready to roll next year. I agree, it's not a overnight process, so if the upperclassmen weren't good enough to win then I would lose with my promising underclassmen.

that anderson kid is a good kid and when he has time has made some good passes. what i notice is the lack of hitting. arm tackling isn't going to get the job done. i guess we saw this tonight. brooks price played a good game both on offense and defense. the rebuilding isn't going to be overnight and this may be a long season.

Yeah no doubt he is a good kid but what the team needs is a good FOOTBALL PLAYER. He just doesnt have the athletic ability to get away from people when they do get through the line. They need someone who can move, and i know he has made some good passes but for the amount of playing time he gets he should make a lot of good passes. But you are right the rebuildimg process will take awhile!!!!!!!!!

The cyclones moved up and down the field while in the power set in the second half why they got away from it i don't have a clue. The Price kid needs to stay at RB and they should put #80 at fullback he is the only skill position player that will hit. When they were in that set Price pounded the ball BETWEEN THE TACKLES, no one on the team has the speed to get to the edge that includes fuqua he can win whatever track meets he wants the Longhorn players ran with him all night. The team needs to look at that #55 to see what it takes to win he is out there playing with a completly screwed up shoulder and he never stops. The left side of the offensive line was opening up huge holes. They need to line up and pound people the passing game is a waste of time. If they aren't going to throw to 80 and continue to look at fuqua the whole time it isn't going to work. That new kicker looked good for his first time ever kicking as well. If there is a time to look at changes it is now with the off week. There is plenty of season to go.

Anyone who thought they would magically turn into the Elizabethton of old just because Witten became coach is mistaken. It's his first year under the gun, he has lots to learn. It takes a few years before a program can really see a turn around. I just think the problem is that Elizabethton is still rebuilding, nothing more, nothing less.

Same ole same ole. It takes 3-4 years just to rebuild the Cyclones just in the strength department. Some of the backs was outliftin the linemen last season and the year before. That says alot! The linemen aint' mean they are softies. It takes time working with the young guys to change that thinkin. the QB is a pocket passer not a runner so how can u stay in the pocket and only have 3-4 secs and on top of that ur best WR don't want the ball if he's gona get hit. Your backs don't want to run inside (tween the tackles) cause they take a beatin. Ain't no cure but time but u can't throw it on the QBs shoulder. I gotta point to the line. Same story as last year and the year before. Everybody got all hyped up about 88 & 77 but they are no shows. Good luck to 10 & 80. Toughest dudes on the team! THE BADDEST!

Some of you all should be ashamed of yourself. To call out 15,16,and 17 year old kids like this is ridiculous. Let them play the game. If you ask the majority of kids why they play its because they enjoy it,that is always why I played,and during one of my years of playing the parents absolutely ruined my year. They constantly were putting us down in the community,and constantly talked bad about the players and staff. If you truly think berading the team and kids like this is going to help,your sadly mistaken,I have no idea why any kids would want to play hard in front of fans who are going to talk about them like this.

Same ole same ole. It takes 3-4 years just to rebuild the Cyclones just in the strength department. Some of the backs was outliftin the linemen last season and the year before. That says alot! The linemen aint' mean they are softies. It takes time working with the young guys to change that thinkin. the QB is a pocket passer not a runner so how can u stay in the pocket and only have 3-4 secs and on top of that ur best WR don't want the ball if he's gona get hit. Your backs don't want to run inside (tween the tackles) cause they take a beatin. Ain't no cure but time but u can't throw it on the QBs shoulder. I gotta point to the line. Same story as last year and the year before. Everybody got all hyped up about 88 & 77 but they are no shows. Good luck to 10 & 80. Toughest dudes on the team! THE BADDEST!

we just have a few that want it more than others just name a few 88, 80, 54, 21, ,20, just get it into your playmakers hands 88 20 21 80 and you will be fine..... noone can say its the coaches this year cause its def not its just some of the players are just going to toughen up and step up and stop being scared game time and people need to just lay off Wes and quit bringing him down