Lincoln County @ Riverdale

StrengthandHonor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game tonight by my WARRIORS...I am proud of the way we played although i had a few players come up to me and they was disappointed BUT 28-0 for us is a big blowout it was nice to FINALLY SEE the second string in you know some of the sophmores...cody looked good at QB he looked comfortable in what he was doing and he did a good job of hitting the holes. early in the game we ran a quick end around too joey lee i liked that play because he was close to the line so he was able to get to the hole quicker and he had a great gain he had one guy to beat and couldnt quite beat him I also like us getting in the shot gun we had a lot of options out of that and ran a few nice p[assing plays that looked good...our defense looked BUT AT THE SAME TIME THEIR OFFENSE looked bad and if it was their 3rd string QB didnt matter becasue their line didnt block us very well It was a nother well coached game by LC he had guys in position on the misdirection stuff and they stopped the run up the middle you could tell he wanted to take that away and the ends did a great job of containing but a big turnover early and LC being under manned didnt help them at allOur coaches also did a great job we didnt looked surprised by anything and our kids played hard I konw some of them was disappointed in thir performance but i thought it was good GREAT JOB WARRIORS

Smyrna's QB has been knocked out of the game with BA. Don't know how bad heis hurt

BRUISED shoulder on his non throwing arm he will be OK i dont know if he will miss any time

left late in the 3rd quarter to watch the end of the blackman game i was pleased with our outing tonight. the dominance is there we just havent stomped nobody yet. hoping we will do that very thing to siegel next week.

wanted to also draw attention to DE ladarius verge got his first career INT against antioch and returned it 50 yards a couple weeks ago, tonight he robbed a runner for the ball on the final snap before half and took it back 30 yards i believe for his first career TD. the guy is a playmaker and gets in the back field and makes his tackles, goes above and beyond just "doing his part." hope the letters keep coming (and turn into offers) and i am sure he will collect plenty of post season honors.

good job joey, hoose, trey and all the other warriors keep raising you game every time you touch the field and it will take us a long way

left late in the 3rd quarter to watch the end of the blackman game i was pleased with our outing tonight. the dominance is there we just havent stomped nobody yet. hoping we will do that very thing to siegel next week.

wanted to also draw attention to DE ladarius verge got his first career INT against antioch and returned it 50 yards a couple weeks ago, tonight he robbed a runner for the ball on the final snap before half and took it back 30 yards i believe for his first career TD. the guy is a playmaker and gets in the back field and makes his tackles, goes above and beyond just "doing his part." hope the letters keep coming (and turn into offers) and i am sure he will collect plenty of post season honors.

good job joey, hoose, trey and all the other warriors keep raising you game every time you touch the field and it will take us a long way

TD was that not the wildest thing u ever saw...LC calls TO with 3.2 seconds to play i was thinking they was setting up for a hail mary our coaches send out the punt team after the time out then they notice that they had their Offense in so we call TO THEN LC RUNS the ball we strip him and take it to the house i am not understanding the play call by LC why not take a knee or throw a BOMB donw field so the game went from 14-0 to 21-0 just like that that was huge

TD was that not the wildest thing u ever saw...LC calls TO with 3.2 seconds to play i was thinking they was setting up for a hail mary our coaches send out the punt team after the time out then they notice that they had their Offense in so we call TO THEN LC RUNS the ball we strip him and take it to the house i am not understanding the play call by LC why not take a knee or throw a BOMB donw field so the game went from 14-0 to 21-0 just like that that was huge

I was really confused by that as well. Was also cofused when our coaches sent the punt return team in after the time out. Don't know why they thought LC called a time out, it sure was not to punt. I don't know why LC called a time out to run the play up the middle either. The game stats will be interesting to see because LC might have ended up with negative yardage.

i actually forgot about the crazy series of events leading up to it but i saw the big play thats all that matters tho lol

Still not satisfied by scoring more. Although our yards per game have gone up each week we need to start punching it in for more points. Teams need to fear us more. Im glad we put points up with a zero for them though good job d!

thats the nature of the beast the wing T chews up a lot of time on the clock and when u have a 7:00 min dirve and then a turnover it looks bad the yards and stats are good but the score isnt also if you get a penalty it really throws a wrench in the drive...

...if it was their 3rd string QB didnt matter becasue their line didnt block us very well

There was also a starting O lineman, fullback, and some other key players missing...

QUOTE(CantStopTheChop)Still not satisfied by scoring more. Although our yards per game have gone up each week we need to start punching it in for more points.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Typical R'dale fan mentality. Completely shutting down offenses, scoring 28+, but it aint' enough. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Remember, offense put butts in the seats, defense wins championships.

I'm glad we have that typical Riverdale fan mentality. There is nothing wrong with high expectations.

It was another really good job by the defense...I'm starting to believe they are a pretty good D.

I thought the offense looked a lot better although they still made just enough mistakes to keep a lot of points off the scoreboard. The backs did a much better job of turning upfield and getting positive yardage. Trey had his best game of the season. He ran well and threw well. The yardage was split among about five or six guys. You could also see Coach A is starting to open up the offense a little...much like he did about this time last year.

It was interesting that LC put a lot of emphasis on stopping the fullback...it worked but really opened things up for Trey, who took advantage.

We have a slew of good linemen on both sides of the ball. Those guys need to cinch it up and lead us to the promised land. Good job by the lines tonight overall.

Hate that LC came in at a disadvantage due to the suspensions. They still played hard, layed some licks , and showed that typical LC class. I'm afraid it's going to be a long season unless the offensive line improves.

This is not meant as a dig but I just wanted to mention it because it was surprising. I've just never seen so many overweight players on a LC team before. Some of those younger players are huge but it will take until this time next year to get those guys in playing shape. The S&C coach has a lot of work ahead but if he gets the job done LC will have some monster linemen over the next couple years.