Bruceton-Hollow Rock at Huntington - The Carroll County Tear Drop Bowl

Guest Advisor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

I must agree that the Lions are a load to handle for this area. I also, agree that the Tigers in Bruceton aren't all that they were expected to be and one dimensional even though I think they will be in the playoffs for a little while. The Rebels will have their hands full with Trenton this coming weekend too (but, truth is that game means squat in our region race not that we won't play it like it's a championship game). Huntingdon is also in our near future and for now an unknown opposition. They are up/down enough to give one neck spasms.

My question is this................who of ya'll experts has actually seen the Rebels play since this FAMED, TELL ALL JAMBOREE????????????? Oh wait, sorry, ya'll support other teams and don't really have time to come watch what is happening now with the rest of us. But you sure got a handle on what we're all about. TSSAA says that we play in class A and THAT (class A) is really all that matters to us in the long run. We beat 3A teams in scrimmages this fall (Liberty and Crockett Co. and played McNairy a good game) but they don't count (UNLIKE THE JAMBOREE'S WHICH ACCORDING TO YOU ALL TELLS ALL)!!

According to TSSAA we play in class A and that is all that really matters to us. My personal concerns (and I'm not alone in this one) are Union City, Lake Co. and Greenfield. I ain't gonna talk trash about any of them because I respect them. I respect Gleason, West Carroll and South Fulton too. They earn it by their conduct.

So if your team isn't in class A and doesn't play us don't give our posts a second thought because they just plain and simple don't concern your team unless they are mentioned by name and I doubt they will be unless you are playing us.

Phil Robertson...........the ADVISOR is puzzled by your attitude towards those well wishers of the Rebels! Did I miss the "cheer on the Rebels" meeting? Was my presence at the Huntington Jamboree mandatory.......so as to wish the Rebels a region title? Where does the Advisor need to send his dues to join the club? Do yall meet weekly? Who are the officers? The ADVISOR wants to join!!!

But I'm more concerned with who's gonna get the W Friday night at Paul Ward??? Tigers or Stangs??

The dues are $150.00 and they are payable over at Diamond Drive or give to Butchie or the Duck!

The ADVISOR must admit..........I'm growing more and more concerned about the lack of activity on this thread from those FEARLESS CENTRAL TIGER FANS!! I'm more shocked with the lack of MUSTANG involvement. I understand that both teams lower lip is hanging a little.......but common guys...............there's still a game to be played Friday!!! Who takes this one????? I am the puzzled ADVISOR!!!

I must agree that the Lions are a load to handle for this area. I also, agree that the Tigers in Bruceton aren't all that they were expected to be and one dimensional even though I think they will be in the playoffs for a little while. The Rebels will have their hands full with Trenton this coming weekend too (but, truth is that game means squat in our region race not that we won't play it like it's a championship game). Huntingdon is also in our near future and for now an unknown opposition. They are up/down enough to give one neck spasms.

My question is this................who of ya'll experts has actually seen the Rebels play since this FAMED, TELL ALL JAMBOREE????????????? Oh wait, sorry, ya'll support other teams and don't really have time to come watch what is happening now with the rest of us. But you sure got a handle on what we're all about. TSSAA says that we play in class A and THAT (class A) is really all that matters to us in the long run. We beat 3A teams in scrimmages this fall (Liberty and Crockett Co. and played McNairy a good game) but they don't count (UNLIKE THE JAMBOREE'S WHICH ACCORDING TO YOU ALL TELLS ALL)!!

According to TSSAA we play in class A and that is all that really matters to us. My personal concerns (and I'm not alone in this one) are Union City, Lake Co. and Greenfield. I ain't gonna talk trash about any of them because I respect them. I respect Gleason, West Carroll and South Fulton too. They earn it by their conduct.

So if your team isn't in class A and doesn't play us don't give our posts a second thought because they just plain and simple don't concern your team unless they are mentioned by name and I doubt they will be unless you are playing us.

Well if your post is so much about 1a football then why are you mentioning the Stangs so much? They are not in 1a so according to your logic they mean nothing to your season. But you guys really have no problem talking about them. I am an alma matter of the Big Red Tigers of Lexington but my step son starts for the mighty Camden Lions. So I will be out showing my lion pride but I am always a Big Red Tiger at heart. Whoops. I guess I wasn't supposed to mention that since it wasn't about 1a football. Point me to the nearest corner so I can be punished.

Well it sounds if there is some hostility in this thread. It is very true there were two big O's dropped Friday night. Mckenzie took care of business and Huntingdon ran into what is a tough very big 3A opponent. The guys at Dyer from what I understand are very big and strong. That doesnt seem to help a back like Matt Weathers in the rain and mud. Bruceton, plainly and simple, was beaten by a better team Mckenzie, and by the way you do have a very good Single A football team. And as I said before, would be a solid 2A team. You just wouldnt have the depth to play 4 quarters every week in 2A. My understanding is Huntingdon isnt as good as they have been in the past. But before some of you people from Mckenzie begin your sessions be proud you have a good team, but PLEASE act like you have been there before. And since some of you cant do that! Still have some class..It just doesnt look good to outsiders looking in for you to making comments about a tear bowl and a Wade Comer Bobble Head. Those things make your whole town and program look bush-league.

Duckman you seem to be a level headed guy and I enjoy reading your post. You should be proud of your teams success and you do a great job of supporting, but your partners are embarrising your program on every thread. just be happy you are good now. Because sooner or later it will run out, and then you will either be remembered for class or for being jerks. i think Bruceton, Mckenzie, and Huntingdon all have fine coaching staffs and I would enjoy my son playing for any of the 3. I just dont see the need in making a thread of making fun of the Tigers and Stangs. There was a time When Mckenzie was GOD awful. Would you like it if it were you on the other end of that stick. Like the old saying goes "What goes around comes around". Huntingdon, I think some of you are also getting a taste of what you dished out for years. You might could lend your buddies in Mckenzie some advice on this subject. Bruceton you should now realize you shouldnt run your mouth before you play. Friday night was a great example of that. You all enjoy football season it will be over before you know it.

I think they will come back quite well. I hope they can handle the terrible fear of playing those rebels. they must be the baddest dudes in tennessee. they would have aloca and maryville shaking in their shoes

The ADVISOR is laughing histarically!!! Now that's funny!!!!