What do you guys think about your feel good story now that these allegations have surfaced?

I know many of you have criticized Bonds and what he has done or hasn't done. Will you do the same to Ankiel or will you overlook this like you did McGwire in 98?

I'll be in the minority view on this...I don't care. I didn't care about what McGwire did (it wasn't steroids in 1998 -- andro is not a steroid. It's similar, but it's not the same). I don't care what Bonds did (and I'm less convinced than seemingly anyone else that he actually did anything illegal, but that's a different story).

It wasn't against the rules of baseball at the time in any of the three cases.

My question is this...why is baseball the only sport that gets this kind of microscope? When the heck is anyone ever going to look at the NFL? Bonds would be considered undersized at more than half the positions on a football field...and at a couple of positions, he'd be considered as much as 150 pounds too light.

Bonds gained 25 pounds over 15 years and got slow...NFL players gain 25 pounds in one summer and get faster...and it's the *baseball* players that get accused of having a bigger drug problem?

What do you guys think about your feel good story now that these allegations have surfaced?

I know many of you have criticized Bonds and what he has done or hasn't done. Will you do the same to Ankiel or will you overlook this like you did McGwire in 98?

Only thing I ever criticized Bonds about was being an overall jerk. Like Opp, I have never said a word about Bonds and whether or not he used stuff that at the time baseball didn't seem to care two cents about whether players were taking it or not.

MLB started testing in 05. According to every report, he has not taken anything since the ban was in place. Pretty much everything before that seems moot except for Selig trying to cover his own behind for being so incompotent. That said, what rule did he break besides giving the NY media and ESPN something to write about?

Mike Golic made an interesting comment on his radio show yesterday. He said that before all was said and done, we are going to find out that a lot of player took HGH to recover from injuries.

As long as he isn't on them now - I don't care.

You guys are like me in being in the minority. Even thought Bonds may be a jerk, he a top 5 of all time player and to deny that you are missing out on something great. McGwire help revive baseball when it was dead. Ankiel has single handley brought the Cards back into the playoff race this year. All 3 have been linked to performance enhancing drugs, none have ever tested positive for anything.

I was just curious because I am afraid most people will overlook the Ankiel case and still claim Bonds record is tainted and that isn't right.

You guys are like me in being in the minority. Even thought Bonds may be a jerk, he a top 5 of all time player and to deny that you are missing out on something great. McGwire help revive baseball when it was dead. Ankiel has single handley brought the Cards back into the playoff race this year. All 3 have been linked to performance enhancing drugs, none have ever tested positive for anything.

I was just curious because I am afraid most people will overlook the Ankiel case and still claim Bonds record is tainted and that isn't right.

Dangit...*SOMEBODY* has to disagree for me to be in the minority...