Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

srupley

Ladies and gentleman lets get this rivalry underway. Dobyns Bennett comes into the game with a 1-2 record, beating 4A Tennessee High 19-13 and losing to 5A William Blount 24-14 and 5A Knox Bearden 8-7 in overtime. Oak Ridge comes into the game with a 2-0 record, beating 3A Knox Fulton 30-14 and 5A Bradley Central 53-26. Oak Ridge has to be looking to reassert themselves with the Indians this year after last years loss in the Ridge. Dobyns Bennett's defense has showed they can stick with anybody for four quarters, however there are still major question marks on the offense. Your thoughts and opinions, let them begin.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at records OR is an easy pick now with that being said this should be a very close game. I don't think DB is going to lay down for anyone (too much pride) and they will be mad at the world.

OR 17

DB 14

That running back for OR is awsome and should be the diffrence in the game

Ladies and gentleman lets get this rivalry underway. Dobyns Bennett comes into the game with a 1-2 record, beating 4A Tennessee High 19-13 and losing to 5A William Blount 24-14 and 5A Knox Bearden 8-7 in overtime. Oak Ridge comes into the game with a 2-0 record, beating 3A Knox Fulton 30-14 and 5A Bradley Central 53-26. Oak Ridge has to be looking to reassert themselves with the Indians this year after last years loss in the Ridge. Dobyns Bennett's defense has showed they can stick with anybody for four quarters, however there are still major question marks on the offense. Your thoughts and opinions, let them begin.

If DB does not get some offense they will not beat anybody that is good.What has happened?WE have got the talent.The plays are whats killing us.Bart Ring needs to look the field over left to right.He looks only one way to the left.King and Crawford were open several times down field and Ring never even looked their way.Were are all the screens we use to run?IT is obvious we don't have the speed to outrun the corners.If not for the defense we would be really hurting IMO.Get it together.Taking to much time getting play off.Rotate receivers with plays,anything to speed it up.Waiting for D to set up first can cause a penalty like last night.Read TRi-Cities Sports interveiw with GC after the game last night.

I have to agree. A few suggestions...actually implement a base package of plays that you know you can run everytime, institute formations that put the quarterback under center seeing as shotgun snaps are a problem at the moment, use a fullback, find a tight end, run play calls in with receivers (forget the no huddle). I understand this years offense is a ball control offense, but it could be more fluid.

If DB does not get some offense they will not beat anybody that is good.What has happened?WE have got the talent.The plays are whats killing us.Bart Ring needs to look the field over left to right.He looks only one way to the left.King and Crawford were open several times down field and Ring never even looked their way.Were are all the screens we use to run?IT is obvious we don't have the speed to outrun the corners.If not for the defense we would be really hurting IMO.Get it together.Taking to much time getting play off.Rotate receivers with plays,anything to speed it up.Waiting for D to set up first can cause a penalty like last night.Read TRi-Cities Sports interveiw with GC after the game last night.

To Plowboy2 and srupley, AMEN. Read my post from earlier today.

Comments from last night's game

To Plowboy2 and srupley, AMEN. Read my post from earlier today.

Comments from last night's game

I heard this morning that GC is calling which side of the field to throw the ball to on a pass play.If so you are taking away from the QB ability to pass to an open man when that side is covered.The QB should be able to hit another receiver if he feels that he can complete the pass.Thats basic football.Hey it ain't brain surgery.R Wagner is good at controling offenses and calling plays IMO.Maybe GC needs alittle help calling plays.First down on the 9 maybe we ought to just go ahead and kick a field goal.

Ahh yes, one of my favorite games of the year. Throw away the rankings, throw away the win/loss records, these two teams always leave it all on the field. It is always a hard fought game and the fans have great respect for one another.

OR has several offensive weapons, if you concentrate on Jared Stephens #5 (which is by itself no easy task), then Kevin Summers #4 will take it to you. If you do manage to slow the running game then you have #2 Ralpheal Coffey out there looking to make the big play. The O-Line is the the other half of the equation for Stephens and Summers, they will make the opening. On the D-Line they are coming hard and fast with Alex Stuart #65 and his host of 'Cats. The talent is all there and they seem to gel better together with each game. It has always been, and will always be a team effort for it to work. While I specifically mentioned a few players, the whole team is what is making it happen, not any one player.

On the other hand Coach GC and his team are mad and hungry, a dangerous combination. There is no doubt they will be looking to right their program and give OR all we can handle.

Get ready DB we are a comin' your way this Friday night for what looks like a perfect Friday night High School Football game! You know the team is a comin, but you also know OR travels well and a lot of fans will be making this trip as well.

Looking at records OR is an easy pick now with that being said this should be a very close game. I don't think DB is going to lay down for anyone (too much pride) and they will be mad at the world.

OR 17

DB 14

That running back for OR is awsome and should be the diffrence in the game

OR always has the great running back that seems to play for 10 years that can shred DB...they are never at a loss for a runner.

I heard this morning that GC is calling which side of the field to throw the ball to on a pass play.If so you are taking away from the QB ability to pass to an open man when that side is covered.The QB should be able to hit another receiver if he feels that he can complete the pass.Thats basic football.Hey it ain't brain surgery.R Wagner is good at controling offenses and calling plays IMO.Maybe GC needs alittle help calling plays.First down on the 9 maybe we ought to just go ahead and kick a field goal.

Ryan is a super coach and a great guy.I hope that one of these days when GC has had a good career,we would be so lucky to get Ryan as our head coach.Your not going to find a better man for our kids to play under. I've done seen that on a first hand note. I just hope the old general stays a few more years on defense, and doesn't get to down with the hard times.

OR has several offensive weapons, if you concentrate on Jared Stephens #5 (which is by itself no easy task), then Kevin Summers #4 will take it to you. If you do manage to slow the running game then you have #2 Ralpheal Coffey out there looking to make the big play. The O-Line is the the other half of the equation for Stephens and Summers, they will make the opening. On the D-Line they are coming hard and fast with Alex Stuart #65 and his host of 'Cats. The talent is all there and they seem to gel better together with each game. It has always been, and will always be a team effort for it to work. While I specifically mentioned a few players, the whole team is what is making it happen, not any one player...

Get ready DB we are a comin' your way this Friday night for what looks like a perfect Friday night High School Football game! You know the team is a comin, but you also know OR travels well and a lot of fans will be making this trip as well...

Thanks for the names and numbers and yes your fans travel well. Have a question though...how many returning starters do you have at Oak Ridge this season? I think its apparent, through coacht and otherwise, that we have very few.

Shew i don't know where to start this week' big game and i am excited. The Indians are gonna give the cats all they want and hopefully more. If Db's offense can just even get lucky two or three plays for TD's then the Indians win this ball game. But if the offense continues to sputter look for another hard fought defensive battle and Oak Ridge to take the win. Good luck to both teams.